A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
570 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HARRY POTTER QUILT BLOCK SWAP GALLERY!  (Read 18302 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter_swap_gallery  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

annamhudson
Love, Laugh, Live, Craft!

View Profile WWW
« on: November 15, 2007 09:22:21 AM »

Post them when you get them! YAY!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
annamhudson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007 09:47:42 AM »

brianaknits got her blocks because I did hers first because she became my partner in another swap. I know she got them like a week ago but she hasn't posted so here are the ones she got!

A flying witch! She kind of reminds me of Prof. McGonagal.

Molly Weasley a pattern of Ofenjen! Check out her site www.sewhooked.org! I modified this pattern just a tiny bit.

Thank you Jen for the pattern!!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007 09:49:59 AM by annamhudson » THIS ROCKS   Logged
brianaknits
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007 07:18:00 PM »

Oh Anna, I am so sorry I didn't post. I was confused. I thought it was going to be a suprise and we were to post our quilts in the end. I do love the blocks you sent me. I really love the molly one. I used to be into Holly Hobby so I was very happy to see the uhhh Molly Mobby.. Smiley - Briana
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beautifulloser
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007 08:56:58 AM »

This is such a cool swap! I wish I found it earlier, I would have loved to join! I will have to use it as inspiration. I hope there is a round 2!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

annamhudson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007 10:10:13 AM »

I hope there is a round 2 too! I wasn't sure if we should wait to post or not. Opps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
brianaknits
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007 03:10:36 PM »

I think either way is fine. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
brianaknits
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007 08:56:34 PM »

Anna,  I am sending you your first block along with your stocking package. I spent alot of time on it. After I did it I was into this idea of doing a hp yearbook type of thing. You know how yearbooks have all these pics of people where they are shown from the chest up? and says what they do? Well maybe I am not making sense. But I am into it anyhow!
Secondly- Alot of blood sweat and tears went into this block- actually just blood and it didn't actually get on the block. That would be gross. But I am in so much pain because I was hand-appliqueing through three layers of fabric with a sharp needle when it suddenly went through all the way through and down into my nail through the top. It slid right on in. . I was screaming and I wanted to smack something! Then I pulled out my hand and saw that blood was starting to well up over my nail from deep inside. So now I have a SORE finger- left index and a black spot under nail. But I finished my block! Although now I can't even type with the stinkin' finger so I may need like two extra days but maybe not. We'll see.
So enough whinin' lol. I would like to know where you got your sweet quilt block patterns. Other people are asking! They are really nifty. 
And does anyone know where i can find hp cross stitch? I have heard of a french pattern but never saw it.- Briana
THIS ROCKS   Logged
annamhudson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007 12:30:53 PM »

I got my patterns from ofenjen at www.sewhooked.org Also I am sending out today so I am late too for everyone else. I was kind of slow to getting them done because my dd slamed my finger in the door and I was gimpy for 3 weeks. It is finally better. but I totally understand how much that hurts! Let me know when you are going to send everyone elses block too! Just keep us all posted! BTW Hardhat_cat will be late as she also has a crafting related injury...lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ofenjen
*dreams in fabric*

*dreams in fabric*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2007 02:23:16 PM »

Wow, that is some story about your finger brianaknits.  I'm hand quilting a huge project I've working on for a couple of years now (it only comes out this time of year...it's too hot otherwise!) and I poked myself a couple of times this weekend, but nothing compared to what you did!

Anna, once again you've been a fantastic cheerleader!  I always get squeeful when you or one of the other talented quilters I know makes one of my blocks!  I love your version of Molly (as I believe I told you!) and the witch is really cute, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewhooked - quilt patterns, crochet & crafts
Fandom In Stitches - free multi-fandom quilt patterns by fans for fans (Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Doctor Who, Disney & More!)
brianaknits
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2007 06:24:43 PM »

yeah well I was "angry hand quilting" because the darling children were fighting around the corner and I was thinking I'll finish this piece and then I'll go and deal with them. yeah I haven't ever done that before. ever. what are the chances? It was a hole in one. then last night my husband stepped on a tiny sliver of wood and somehow it made its way through his sock and deep into his foot. So he was moaning and saying I can't look can you look for me and then taking a bath and getting me to put disinfectant and arnica on it. *rolling eyes* So why are we all getting hurt? Is it christmas jitters? I thought the swap was due the 30th...  I am feeling better today so tomorrow I am going to continue quilting. Anna- I have had a door slammed on me by my children before. It takes all your will power not to explode when it happens doesn't it? I think nothing hurts worse than smashing a digit! Because it throbs for so long after. And now my boys are in trouble because they put magnets on my husbands computer screen. And they so know about not doing that. - Briana
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Head to Toe Summer Essentials
Take a Natural Approach to Bold Brows
How to Use Bright Eyeshadow for a Chic Look
How to Wear a Colorful Smoky Eye
The 5-Minute Fix for Removing Glitter Nail Polish
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...