A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
491 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gift for friends 3 month old kid  (Read 657 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Weemac
« on: November 14, 2007 03:29:09 AM »

basically im trying to think of something for my friend's kid,but im not sure what. i gave her a felt baby book when she was born and she seems to have plenty of baby clothes n such. i cant knit but can sew and do other bits and pieces,i know she will get alot of things anyway but feel i should get her something
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bastet
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007 06:16:48 AM »

toddlers love everything soft, colorfull and it has to give a sound. My nephew is 4 month now and he loves to grab for stuff like that.

Just sew some red cotton-fabric together since they can see that best, fill it with fillfiber and add a small bell inside.
The toy is washable and it even doesn't need a special form since it doesn't matter to them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nomij
There are 10 types of people in this world...

...those who know binary, and those who don't.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007 09:38:33 AM »

I've got two 3 monthers this chrstmas!  I've been considering...
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=12552.0
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=64624.0 (maybe too much work)

Also been considering stuffed blocks with the letter's of their name embroidered on each one, (With the bell idea mentioned in the last post).  Also wondering how long it might take to crochet a baby blanket.  If I did that, I would include a "travel taggie blankie"  Just a square with crinkly sound inside with the ribbon tags around each edge with the baby links for the stroller, the square would be the size of maybe a potholder.

I still haven't decided.  In total I have about 15 gifts to craft in only 5 weeks!!!  Currently I am working on a crocheted bunny for someone else, so I don't have to decide yet. (hey, that could work too...
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=204922.0)

Basically, whichever one is quickest!!!!

Every idea has been spawned from Craftster.  I surf this place religiously!  I'm on here more than FACEBOOK!  I love it here~!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dana_M_S
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007 08:03:56 AM »

My daughther will be 3 months at Chirstmas time too!  My son is 4 and my mom made him a "taggie blanket" that he still loves (he carries it almost everywhere - Just like Linus).  It's made from fleece and finished with quilt binding.  My mom sewed loops of different kinds of ribbon around the border into the quilt binding.  My son's favorites are the sheer ones - he loves to rub them together.  He used to do this to my clothing while I was nursing him and when I stopped he replaced me with Taggie (that's the balnket's name).  She made one for my daughter who is too young to love it yet (they only really love their parents at this point) but I'm hoping she'll love it as much as her brother loves his.  It's really easy to make and not very expensive.  It's about 18 inches square, but my mom also made a bunch of smaller ones (some 9 inches square and some 9 inches by 4 inches) for my son so he would have extras.  What's really nice is that there are tons to fleece fabrics available so you can really personalize it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nomij
There are 10 types of people in this world...

...those who know binary, and those who don't.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007 07:29:21 AM »

Hey!  I just finished mine!

Smiley

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=211041.msg2263715#msg2263715
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MrsLewis907
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007 08:20:42 AM »

My god-daughter will be almost 3 months, I think, by Christmas, and I already bought her gift. Since she is so small, and doesn't really need ANYTHING (first child and first grandbaby on one side), I just got her this cute little Christmas tree ornament in the shape of a rubber ducky. I threw the baby shower, and EVERYTHING was rubber ducky, including all the gifts for her, and so that's kinda like my thing with her now. I know she won't really have any idea what it is, or that she even got it, but will probably appreciate it more later, in years to come. *shrugs*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dana_M_S
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2007 01:51:58 PM »

Mrs. Lewis - that's a great idea!  Close friends of our family gave me and my sister an ornament every year until we were 16 and I cherish them.  I now purchase an ornament every year that's meaningful and buy them on vacations. My kids, plus my niece and nephews, get one every year.  I love to pull mine out and remember them from when I was a kid, plus look at the ones I've collected since.  She'll love it.  Be sure to put the year on the bottom so she'll know when she got it and to keep giving her one.  She'll cherish them as an adult.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Arielle Thibodeaux: Beauty By Arielle
Cara Brook: Maskcara
Ashley Weatherford: August Skin
Faith McGee: Makeup For Last Night
Stephanie Lee: Beauty By Lee
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...