A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,158
Currently Running With Scissors:
548 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Felt ornaments  (Read 11231 times)
Tags for this thread: ornament  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mavans
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2007 11:01:30 AM »

here is my ball....

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Martha
Leelou
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2007 10:29:02 PM »

Looks great! Thanks for sharing...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Talen05
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2007 02:54:01 PM »

I finally finished my christmas ball!  lol, only took a couple of weeks!  Undecided to be fair I did make my Nan a bag and have almost finished a poppet, and a kissing ball, so I've dabbled in a few things, but here is my first of many christmas balls, I filled it with potpourri I haven't hung it with a ribbon, as I need to get to the shops, but have used some thread for the time being!  The next ones may be a bit more simple, to speed up the process for this year!

Pretty much just copied your ball (only my stitches aren't quite as neat!),  Leelou, thanks for the pattern!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LaughingLark
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2007 05:36:40 PM »

Talen05, your ornament is gorgeous!

I haven't had the time to try these yet, but I am thinking of making a few with sparkly snowflake-shaped sequins sewn onto them, and less embroidery, to make the work go faster.  Smiley

Of course, it looks like we could be having a major ice storm here this weekend, and if I am housebound due to the weather, I'll have more time to craft.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Talen05
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2007 05:45:56 PM »

Thank you for your comments on my christmas ornament, I procrastinated at it like crazy, even sewing the side seams, I'd do maybe one or two side joins per day! lol, I suppose with a 1 year old it's to be expected a little, but I seam to start so many projects at the same time  Undecided

I think all of the christmas ornaments on this site are just beautiful, and are so inspiring, sequins and beads would look beautiful on these balls, and would cut down on so much of the sewing time. 

I also found, just a tip, if you are embroidering onto black or dark material and don't have a white pencil to mark where you want to embroider you can use a sharp piece of soap (I just broke one of those hotel size soaps in half and it gave a reasonably sharp edge), my Mum has some in her freezer, now I do too, it made it so much easier!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Leelou
« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2007 11:17:57 PM »

Hi Talen05,

Your ball turned out gorgeous. The stitching is time consuming indeed. I made only one ball for this year and I plan to do one more. And I'm gonna make some simple pieces too to fill my Christmas tree and to speed things up a little.

I think we all work on to many projects at the same time  Wink. But that keeps everything fun to do.... .....

What a idea using soap! Never knew that would work...

Laughinglark: i'm curious how your christamas ball turns out. Ice storm sounds good - lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Leelou
« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2007 01:29:15 AM »

I have changed the patterns and tutorials on my website. You can actually save them now and they are easier to print (no fiddling with the printersettings anymore). Hope this is usefull for you.... Let me know if you come across any flaws.

http://www.little-z.nl/index.php?page=free-patterns
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009 11:28:27 PM by Leelou » THIS ROCKS   Logged

karabananas
« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2007 02:02:02 PM »

super cute! i love felt ornaments.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You are my sweetest downfall. I loved you first, I loved you first. Beneath the sheets of paper lies my truth.
Tawny

A crafting I will go...........

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2007 12:11:12 PM »

Beautiful!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HippieKender
The most precious thing one can make is a friend.

I tend to lick circular things.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2008 06:46:17 PM »

Thanks so much for sharing your patterns!  Here is the reindeer I made. 

My first attempt and I think he's super cute!  I gave him away so I need to make another for my tree Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Manage Long Hair in Hot Weather
How to Style Long Hair to Look Short
How to Condition Hair
How to Know When You Should Cut Your Hair
How to Cut Hair Yourself
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...