A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,634
Currently Running With Scissors:
512 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Felt ornaments  (Read 11133 times)
Tags for this thread: ornament  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Leelou
« on: November 13, 2007 12:56:42 AM »

Yes, I'm really busy right now, because I don't want all glittery stuff in my tree this year. So I have chosen for felt decorations. Easy to make and so much fun.

These are some designs I made.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2009 12:08:19 PM by jungrrl - Reason: edited to comply with Craftster guidelines » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Talen05
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007 01:46:48 AM »

They look great!  I'm itching to get started on some of those for my Christmas Tree! (I don't really know dutch, but I'll just have to guess from the pictures! lol)

Thank you for the inspiration!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Leelou
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007 02:06:02 AM »

Well, let me know if you have any questions, so I can translate some parts of the pattern for you.

Maybe, I have to translate my website.....mmmm... I'm gonna think about that....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sunshinekitty1
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007 06:03:57 AM »

That little cat star is too cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LaughingLark
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007 10:05:25 AM »

Thank you, Leelou! Your ornamnents are lovely, and I can't wait to try them. I have a lot of felt scraps to play with right now!

My favorite is the Kerstbal. I will make some of them as tree ornaments, but I was also thinking that they could make colorful ball toys for a small child, too.  Cool

I can read a tiny bit of Dutch. I can't speak it, or write in it, but I found out that for some reason I know a little Dutch. Smiley When I was a very young child, my grandmother spoke mainly German, and I learned the Plattdeutsch dialect from her. I haven't spoken much German in over thirty years, but a small bit of it has stayed with me. I think maybe that dialect has a few words in common with Dutch? I'd love to learn to read more Dutch. Thanks for sharing your crafts!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

PlumCrafty
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007 03:30:59 PM »

Your ornaments are gorgeous! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

2012 Swaps
Nov: SS Ornament R3
Sep: MALC 6x6 Canvas
Aug: 4x6 Art5
Jul: Hand-Carved Stamp4 and Vintage
Jun: Journal for a Month2
May: 4x6 Art2 and Crafted Cushion Cover2
Apr: Beginners Inchie3
Mar: Art Journal
Talen05
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007 04:14:47 PM »

I just had an idea, with the ball ornament, you could also embroider someone's name and date on one of the sides, and it would make a special Christmas gift.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Leelou
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007 10:48:00 PM »

Thank you for your kind comments. And thank you for sharing your ideas.

Laughinglark: It's indeed a beautiful ball toy for a child too. I made a ball for my cat, so it's also a realy good cat-toy.
And It's true that German and Dutch have a lot in common. How nice that you can read some Dutch. Well, I will be translating my website in English soon, so maybe you can learn a little more Dutch while crafting (how convenient)...

Talen05: that's a very good idea. I think this is also a good idea for a baby-gift: you can embroider the name of the baby on it. Thanks for sharing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Talen05
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007 10:52:25 PM »

I've already printed the pattern pieces! Smiley I'll be working on this really soon, just have to wait until I've organised my bub, maybe once she's in bed tonight!

Just one quick question, do you just fill the ball with fiber fill or something similar? 

Embroidering the baby name is a great idea too!  Could you also add a scent ie: pot pourri or something inside the ball, to make them smell pretty too?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Leelou
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007 02:12:05 AM »

I've already printed the pattern pieces! Smiley I'll be working on this really soon, just have to wait until I've organised my bub, maybe once she's in bed tonight!

Just one quick question, do you just fill the ball with fiber fill or something similar? 

Embroidering the baby name is a great idea too!  Could you also add a scent ie: pot pourri or something inside the ball, to make them smell pretty too?

Can't wait to see the result... I fill the ball with the stuff that you can use for cushions (is that fiberfill?).
What a great idea to fill it with a scent. I wonder if you can smell it through the felt, but if you cut out shapes and you sow some linen (for example) behind it, it must work. I'm gonna try this out today (I have some beautiful pot pourri with the sent of cinnamon - very good smell for the time of the year). Let you know when it is ready

Grin Creativity going on here.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Take on the Printed Suit Trend
Who Rocked The Frock: Emma Roberts Vs Brooke Burke
Kim Kardashian Is Worst Dressed At 2012 MTV EMA Awards
Jennifer Lawrence Shows Off Bra At Movie Premiere
Fashion Trends... All About The Denim
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...