A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 298,051
Currently Running With Scissors:
492 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Felt ornaments  (Read 11419 times)
Tags for this thread: ornament  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Leelou
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007 05:52:27 AM »

Jeee, it worked. This ball smells lovely now....and it still got a ball-shape.

I also made a ...ehm... it's 'geurbuideltje' in Dutch, but I don't know what to call it in English. Anyway, it's stuffed with some lovely smelling herbs. Because I used linen you can smell it even better. And I used my own grown basil....  Grin

Patterns are also on my website
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LaughingLark
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2007 06:51:14 AM »

Leelou, I love your new things!

Geurbuideltjes, I think, are what we call "Sachets" in American English. I think they might possibly have another name in other English-speaking countries. I'm not sure.  Smiley

It looks like it could be used as a sachet--a small bag or stuffie filled with sweet-smelling herbs to store with your clothing or linens. Is this right?  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Leelou
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2007 07:09:10 AM »

Leelou, I love your new things!

Geurbuideltjes, I think, are what we call "Sachets" in American English. I think they might possibly have another name in other English-speaking countries. I'm not sure.  Smiley

It looks like it could be used as a sachet--a small bag or stuffie filled with sweet-smelling herbs to store with your clothing or linens. Is this right?  Smiley

Yes, that must be it. I am familiar with the name sachet, but I thought that was the name for a little bag (not necessarily filled with scent). Thank you so much. And thanks for the kind comments of course.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IamSusie
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2007 07:15:34 AM »

This is lovely!  I like the hand blanket stitching on the ridges.  Very pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

riario
:*

expecting our first!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2007 10:26:12 AM »

you can use babel fish to translate the webpage! here is the text for this ornament. It has trouble finguring out some words/phrases but it's much easier to understand Cheesy

Pattern fragrance ball
This ball has been filled with a delicious smelling potpourri. The ball is approximately 9 cm in average. Ideal cadeautje. Of course you can the colours and entirely adapt the fragrance to the season or the occasion.

Benodigdheden

1 lapje baize, dark brown

1 lapje baize, pale brown

Restje baize, red

Potpourri to choice

Ribbon

Needle, pins

red ochre pencil

Borduurgaren DMC 543 (crme)

<<

work description

The pattern prints. Spelt the pattern on the felt and knip three pattern parts dark brown and three pattern parts pale brown.

Knip the hartje three times from red felt. Sew the hartjes on the pale brown parts. Take over the gaatjespatroon on the felt by them subscribing with the pencil.

Knip the vierkantje from and leg this on the dark brown pattern parts. Stip with the red ochre pencil the angles of the pattern to to stipulate the distance for the kruisjes. The kruisjes with blank sew garen.

If you have embroidered all parts she can you suffocate to each other with festonsteek. Leg the parts for and for (dark brown - pale brown) against each other. If you the last two parts to each other suffocates it can be that the lower part is not yet entirely closed. The puntjes of the pattern parts thread carefully to each other in that case, so that the ball closes well.

Keep at the last part a reasonable opening to fill the ball. Fill with a fine potpourri goes easiest. If you potpourri is rather large, you can crush from time to time the potpourri in the ball to get this way around possible form in your ball. If you are ready you close the last part with festonsteek. Twinge at the very last bit, at the top, the lintje dubbelgevouwen in the ball and suffocates the lintje permanently. Care also to the upper part that the ball is well closed.

Much pleasure!

(scroll down for pattern)

Festonsteek
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Leelou
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2007 10:53:41 AM »

That's a good solution. Meanwhile Im busy translating my website into English. It's not complete yet, but I hope it is done by the end of this week. The pattern of the Christmas ball is already translated in English. I will upload my site in a moment.

If you see any mistakes (English isn't my native language) let me now, so I can improve my website.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Leelou
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2007 11:11:10 AM »

Jeeeeee, my website is partial English now.  Grin

I will translate some patterns and some of the gallery tomorrow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

serendipity_sarah
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2007 11:59:11 AM »

Beautiful!  They look like you put a lot of care and attention to detail into making them.  I especially like the heart ornament. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Caine
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2007 06:13:18 PM »

These are delightful! Thank you for posting them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Leelou
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2007 07:55:17 AM »

All the patterns and the gallery on my website are translated to English now.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007 11:26:42 PM by Leelou » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Who Rocked The Frock: Kristin Cavallari Vs. Sophia Bush
Stacy Keibler and Jennifer Garner Go Sexy in Red and Black
How to Embellish Jeans
Lady Gaga Channels Elizabeth Hurley In Versace Dress
Fall Fashion Trends: Leather Is Back!
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...