A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 298,712
Currently Running With Scissors:
642 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: GAMEBOY Carrier....juice pouch outside TUTORIAL  (Read 13055 times)
Tags for this thread: video_game , capri_sun , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

momwith3kids
HOMESChOOL

Hey y'all

View Profile WWW
« on: December 26, 2004 03:26:59 PM »

Edited to add on Better TUTORIAL

CAPRI SUN GAMEBOY CARRIER

Materials:
   Large sheet of plastic canvas
   fabric, about 1/4 yd or less
   thread, or embroidery floss
   1/2 yd of strapping
   11 pouches
   velcro
   tape, any kind, optional
   glue gun, and sticks

Prepare to start:
   1.  Cut bag front from the back.  Save the silver backs.  (if you are using kool-aid, just substitute some clear vinyl)

2.  Cut your canvas into six pieces.  Size depends on your gameboy model.

3.  Fold your fabric in half.  Lay your canvas pieces on top.  Cut around the pieces leaving about 1" around all sides.  To make the sewing process easier, I mark with a pen around the canvas.  Be sure to leave room along the bottom to turn it up.

Let's get going:
   1.  With fabric RST, right sides together, sew around three sides of the canvas piece.

2.  Turn right side out.  Insert canvas piece.  Flip up the unsewn edge and tuck inside.  I do a blanket stitch around this edge.  Do this on all pieces.
   3.  Now, start hooking your box together.  I just blanket stitch two pieces together.  I usually start with the small sides and add on the front and back.  When all four sides are on, blanket stitch the corners together.  Then, I put the inside seperator in and attach it to the sides.  I don't bother with the bottom.
   4.  Attach your strapping by stitching it to the center of the small sides.  (note:  I melt the ends of my straps with a lighter, to keep them from fraying)
   5.  Box frame is complete.

Now for the outside:
   1.  Take six pouch fronts and fold over the long edges in opposite ways.

2.  Interlock the pouches (easier to do by adding one more at a time), and sew up between them.  Continue until you have six in a row.
   3.  Now you can fold over one long edge of the seventh pouch front.  Attach it in the same manner.  Wrap the completed string around your box frame and measure to how wide you need the seventh pouch.  Cut off the excess, but be sure leave enough to fold over to interlock.  Now stitch them all into a circle.<<<Hook #7 to #1.

4.  Slide the box into the wrap.  Flip down a little of the top, I tape it in a few places around to hold it while I sew.  Blanket stitch around the top to secure the wrap to the box.

5.  Now, take the remaining four tops and interlock and sew them two by two.  Then lock the bottom of one and the top of the other set to make a square with all four.  Do the same with four of the pouch backs.

6.  Lay the two squares WSF, wrong sides facing.  Blanket stitch around the outside edges to secure the two together.

Get the glue gun HOT:
   1.  Lay the flap, the square, over the top of the box.  Sort of center it where you can have a front to put the velcro on, but still have a place to glue it in the back.  Fold it so you can crease it and mark your place.
   2.  Put some hot glue on the back part of the flap and secure it to the box.  You might have to hold it until it dries some.
   3.  Fold your pouch wrap, that is already sewn to your box, and wrap the bottoms of the pouches under the box.  Tack with a little glue.
   4.  Take two pouch backs and interlock and sew them together along the short ends.  Lay it on the bottom of the box.  Fold  over the outside edges and glue it down.  Might have to press until glue dries some.  Watch out, it gets hot.

5.  Attach your velcro.  I put a dab of hot glue on the backs of the velcro to make sure it gets attached.

Guess what you do now:
   1.  Give it to someone you love.
   2.  or,  Keep it for yourself.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010 06:53:48 PM by MareMare - Reason: to fix coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My sewing machine is like my left hand.... I can't write with it, but I NEED it none the less.

see ya'll on the flip side

My Etsy Shop
http://momwith3kids.etsy.com

My Homeschool Blog
http://homeschoolblogger.com/momwith3kids
ShiningStar
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2004 10:12:47 AM »

Great job!  I really like it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are  --John Wooden
PhishyWishy
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2004 04:04:43 PM »

That is way too cool. Is there a turorial someplace??
I need one of these for my gameboy Smiley
And my daughter loves capri suns so i know i have enough to make like 50 of these!

~Jess~
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PhishyWishy
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2005 11:49:09 AM »

Please please please post a tute! I would be eternally grateful  Smiley

~Jess~
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sighonthebreeze
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2005 09:26:21 PM »

I love it! I'll bug floormates for juice until I can make one for my gameboy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
arkiecraftlover
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2005 10:58:53 AM »

Can you handsew them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
momwith3kids
HOMESChOOL

Hey y'all

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2005 08:45:45 AM »

it is all hand sewn, except for the fabric around the panels.  i am sure you could do that quick by hand also.  you are going to flip it right side out, so it doesn't have to be perfect.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My sewing machine is like my left hand.... I can't write with it, but I NEED it none the less.

see ya'll on the flip side

My Etsy Shop
http://momwith3kids.etsy.com

My Homeschool Blog
http://homeschoolblogger.com/momwith3kids
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw a Cockroach
How to Increase Company Creative Capability
The Most Powerful Sharpening Tool in Photoshop Elements 11
How to Draw Benson from Regular Show
The Link Between Video Games and Classic Art
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...