A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,656
Currently Running With Scissors:
572 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Chic Charcoal Dress (praise Michael's) UPDATED  (Read 3742 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hellagabrielle
« on: November 12, 2007 04:51:04 PM »

I'm kind of upset that it's now too cold to wear this baby out.
Totally cute, simple, knee-ish length dress. Brought to you by the ridiculously cheap Michael's T-shirt selection and my eventless Saturday afternoon. Pintucks, faux buttons. Somewhat unique boat(?) neckline. It's smocked at the waist, my first time trying it. It turned out okay, I guess. But it didn't really do anything for the style of the dress. So we have the tie/sash/thing. Anyway, I really like it. It was pretty easy too make, structurally. I'm not really sure if I remember the pattern, it just kind of came out of my brain.
Anyway, here it is.

The details make this dress.

I'm tempted to shorten it to wear it as a shirt, if only to incorporate it into my winter wardrobe.

So, what do you think?

UPDATE//
Yeah, so I did make it a shirt. I'm sorry for everyone that was rooting for the dress. I like it a lot better now.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2007 06:37:50 PM by hellagabrielle » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Amaranthe
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007 04:54:00 PM »

You could always wear it over a pair of jeans or pants.  I'm not sure if thats considered fashionable or what not.  Some people like dress over pants, some don't.  But, it would allow you to wear it in the winter and still have it as a summer dress when it gets warm enough.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lee-lee ess.
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007 06:03:12 PM »

I really, really like that!  I especially love the neckline, and I agree with you, the details do make the dress.  Awesome job! Smiley

Oh, and if you were brave enough/ it wasn't too cold, I would think that would look cute with some thick tights and boots for the winter months!  But, it would look very nice as a shirt, as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
loreleiariadne
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007 08:48:23 AM »

That looks just like what I'm wearing today!!

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=133816.msg1310208#msg1310208

It's a mild 50 something degrees fahrenheit here and I've got it paired with thick tights and little ankle booties.  You should definitely keep it a dress and wear it year round!  Another option would be wearing the dress w/ skinny jeans and flats.  The key to pulling it off is since it is a dress, keep the legs accentuated so you're not swamped in a bunch of fabric.  Hope this helps you transfer the dress into winter wear!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

glitter is the herpes of crafts. once it gets on you, it never goes away!
Lydia the Strange
Supreme Enabler

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007 11:36:19 AM »

Very cute!

Remember back in the day (88-90) when we all wore our cute little baby doll dresses over jeans or really nice black slacks? I still do that with cute dresses.

I like the idea of pairing it up with thick black tights.

Awesome job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shydeana
Deana M.

Hi! I'm Deana.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007 08:52:35 PM »

The details make this dress.

It has a great shape and neckline

I'm tempted to shorten it to wear it as a shirt, if only to incorporate it into my winter wardrobe.

You can leave it as a dress and still wear jeans and such underneath. Then you'll have summer and winter.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love is a beast whose bite becomes deadly to your soul. ~ Deana.
auroraskye

i'll make it to the moon if i have to crawl

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007 03:59:29 PM »

That is quite cute. I like it. I also think you can just wear it over some jeans (particularly skinny leg) with a tee shirt under it,.. I was wearing just such an outfit today Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
missliz01

my cat playing dead ;p

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2007 05:13:45 PM »

Adorable!  Save it as a dress by wearing thick tights or footless leggings and ankle or knee high boots with it.  You could probably even wear a turtleneck under it and still have it look cute.  Or a thick, chunky sweater over it for a cozy, casual look.  Just experiment with it and I'm sure you'll find a cute/fun way to wear it this winter.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Set Your Personal Preferences
How to Use the Directional Blur Effect in After Effects
How to Use Advanced Lightning Effect in After Effects
Adobe Creative Suite 2 - How to Create a Text Wrap from the Photoshop Path
Adobe Creative Suite 2 - How to Draw a Runaround Path in the Original Photoshop File
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...