A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 300,920
Currently Running With Scissors:
631 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anyone in the Brevard County area?  (Read 5277 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sandytoes
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007 05:11:32 PM »

How long have you been knitting or doing what you do??  I have been sewing about 3 years now........I tried to learn from a book but discovered the one true rule--you really need to be taught a hands on skill in person.....took some classes and now I can venture out on my own, but it took awhile.............my interest has never flagged though........just got more interested.............
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Home is where your dog is....
sheepishxlion
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2007 06:33:47 PM »

How long have you been knitting or doing what you do??  I have been sewing about 3 years now........I tried to learn from a book but discovered the one true rule--you really need to be taught a hands on skill in person.....took some classes and now I can venture out on my own, but it took awhile.............my interest has never flagged though........just got more interested.............

It's been over two years, 3 years maybe? Now that I know the years I feel like I should be way more skilled. I've never even attempted cables. And in like the last 4 months i just learned how to do double pointed knitting in the round.

I learned from a book but I think I still had to go to someone and ask how to cast on. Once I got that it just took practice and patience (sp?).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please visit my shop: sheepishxlion.etsy.com
may2304

Chuck Norris doesn't sleep.... he waits

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2008 11:08:32 AM »

sheepishxlion, we are planning on moving to fl in 2009! how do you like the brevard county area? if we move there, i'll definately join you, although i crochet! sounds like fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mom2my2monkeys
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2008 12:46:02 PM »

I'm in Palm bay, and I have to say y'alls knitting group sounds like alot of fun! I might try to join you, but will depend on the nights etc y'all meet as I have 2 little kiddo's at home. it would be great tho to get out and have a night with other crafty people!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aniken
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2008 04:59:51 AM »

I live in Palm Bay also and would like to find craft fairs to sale my stuff...
Aniken
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MelaniesOriginals
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2008 07:16:19 AM »

I posted about my event in Kissimmee and searched all over central florida for crafters to come sell there stuff.  Since some don't mind the drive I have it open to all even in palm bay.

Shocked)

THIS ROCKS   Logged
ladydi676
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2009 10:59:58 AM »

Hi, I live in Sebastian and my sister is in Palm Bay and my niece is in West Melbourne. I belong to a craft club in Sebastian. Their shows are the 1st. Saturday of the month from Oct. thru May.  shows are iffy.  sometimes not so good. We did the strawberry festival a few weeks ago. Was really nice. The 3 of us do shows together. I guess you could say that I have been "nominated" to find shows for us to do. If you are interested, let me know and I can let you know of any shows I find. Would appreciate the same.  Di 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LadyLuigi
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2009 10:19:01 AM »

I'm from palm bay. Are you looking for craft fairs or just crafty funness?

Me and my friends meet monday nights starting at 6 at Main Street Pub for a Purl and Hurl we get together and knit and crotch and drink! If you live in the melbourne or palm bay area come say hi. We have a table reserved. If you can't spot us by the large group knitting we are on the downstairs front patio to your right as you walk in.

If you don't know where main street pub is.. it's down town melbourne. Just look for the street light with a knitted cozy. Smiley

HEY! Wow, i was just thinking how awesome that would be to find people in the area who do this...Is it every monday night? Im dying for some interaction with fellow knitters/crocheters. I may just show up one monday night and lurk around to see if i can find you guys...I've lived in viera/melbourne/palm bay area my entire life and im ashamed to say i have yet to venture into downtown melbourne...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i draw, knit, crochet, and make random nonsense in general
Idantonia
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2009 05:18:14 PM »

Hi:  Live in Melbourne.  Retired, so now have time for crafts.  Interested in crochet, learning jewelry making, sewing.  Would like to meet others in this area.  Please email me.  Ida
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Megtastic

My super power is sarcasm.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2011 06:33:05 PM »

I just moved to Sebastian and would love to find some crafty friends. Maybe we can craft this place up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Set the Auto Mode Using the Panasonic G1/GH1
How to Set the Aperture Priority Function Using the Panasonic G1/GH1
How to Optimize the Panasonic G1/GH1 for Sunset Scenes
How to Optimize the Panasonic G1/GH1 for Sports Pictures
How to Optimize the Panasonic G1/GH1 for Product Photography
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...