A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,587
Currently Running With Scissors:
664 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anyone in the Brevard County area?  (Read 4768 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mamiereilly
« on: November 12, 2007 11:00:39 AM »

I live in Melbourne. I was wondering if anyone is around here. I would ove to get in on the craft fair action but don't know where to begin!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
overjoyed
fabric addict...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007 07:40:31 PM »

I live in Melbourne too..doesnt seem like theres a whole lot going on..just peeking around myself..let me know if you find anything..i'm gonna keep peekin'...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
serenityfey
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007 10:27:33 AM »

I'm in Palm Bay! Craft fairs around here are not worth it, imo. I did some a couple years ago, all different holidays and seasons, and barely paid for my table each time. There are just too many old people and poorer people that like Wal-mart and the Dollar Store, and don't want to pay for handmade stuff.
Just my opinion though  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sheepishxlion
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007 09:49:47 PM »

I'm from palm bay. Are you looking for craft fairs or just crafty funness?

Me and my friends meet monday nights starting at 6 at Main Street Pub for a Purl and Hurl we get together and knit and crotch and drink! If you live in the melbourne or palm bay area come say hi. We have a table reserved. If you can't spot us by the large group knitting we are on the downstairs front patio to your right as you walk in.

If you don't know where main street pub is.. it's down town melbourne. Just look for the street light with a knitted cozy. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please visit my shop: sheepishxlion.etsy. com
overjoyed
fabric addict...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007 10:09:28 PM »

That sounds pretty sweet...i dont drink or knit though Undecided...i would like to try and pick it up though..(knitting not drinking Grin)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
overjoyed
fabric addict...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007 10:11:21 PM »

...I'm more of a coffeehead myself...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sheepishxlion
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007 12:07:02 PM »

You don't have to drink to come and we can show you how to knit. Not far is The Sunshoppe where everyone hangs out for coffee. I like coffee more than the drinking myself too. But it's still a nice place and it has yummy food. I usually show up later when I get off work so I just order myself dinner and and water and knit and chat.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sandytoes
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007 02:16:20 PM »

Hi!  I'm from Indialantic.  I 'm a quilter, and love to shop in downtown Melb.  Lots of fun places to browse down there.  I don't knit either but it looks like fun........how do you count and chat at the same time??   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Home is where your dog is....
overjoyed
fabric addict...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2007 09:26:00 PM »

You don't have to drink to come and we can show you how to knit. Not far is The Sunshoppe where everyone hangs out for coffee. I like coffee more than the drinking myself too. But it's still a nice place and it has yummy food. I usually show up later when I get off work so I just order myself dinner and and water and knit and chat.

coolio... Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sheepishxlion
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2007 09:58:06 PM »

Hi!  I'm from Indialantic.  I 'm a quilter, and love to shop in downtown Melb.  Lots of fun places to browse down there.  I don't knit either but it looks like fun........how do you count and chat at the same time??   Smiley

Haha, somehow we manage though sometimes mishaps happen. My friend had a row counter and some time extra people just show up like boyfriends and the such since it is at a public place. So my friend had a row counter and it was sitting on the table someone clueless picked it put and was clicking away and then ask, "hey what is this by the way?" Oh the look of horror.

I tend to bring scarves to knitting night. Nothing too complicated. Or a pattern that I am "just not getting" and have someone show me. But some can knit and chat. My friend knits socks all the time there. I guess it's an acquired skill?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How Student Athlete Opera Singer Defines a College Life - Dan Street
How Singing Opera Teaches Pursuit of Excellence - Dan Street
Nick Catanese Interview
Learn About Stained Glass Art
Learn about Glass Art
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...