A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,695
Currently Running With Scissors:
570 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The 2007 "What do I make for..." thread!  (Read 23770 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

smashyouupyo
« Reply #170 on: December 07, 2007 04:12:12 PM »

I am in need of suggestions for a cheap, cute gift for my burlesque troupe, as well as other girlfriends. I want it to be something fun, maybe a little sexy. I was thinking maybe bath bombs or salts or maybe a notebook using x-rated playing cards, but I don't know. I was also thinking maybe something with wine glasses or wine in general. There tends to be a lot of drinking involved with burlesque. It needs to be cheap, like under $5 per person. So any sexy suggestions or instructions on how to do any of the above would be much appreciated.

Liz
"Jezebel Juggs"

you could make little journals out of x-rater playing cards by punching two holes in each one. for the cover, punch holes through five cards, and glue them together to make a thick cover. and then punch holes through blank index cards (you'll have to cut them down first), and then make a back cover. i use those round binder clips to hook it all together, but you could probably think of a cuter binding technique. like ribbon, or something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
justxlove
« Reply #171 on: December 07, 2007 09:01:49 PM »

the 'boyfriend'

- we dont go out anymore but we might as well
- hes sixteen
- he smokes but i do not encourage it
- he dropped out
- he wears skinny jeans and likes to look nice
- he has piercings
- he honestly just sits around all day hanging out with his friends
- they all play guitar hero but its not his so i wouldnt want to make something for it
- hes a music junkie // indie, emo, hardcore
- i havent made him anything
- he sits at starbucks a lot
- hes a bit of a philosopher

i dont think im going to go with anything personal really. just a broad idea of what to make a boy that you really like, i guess. nothing special just something that says i care.

i can do just about anything.
- i can sew but im not the best
- cannot knit or crochet
- recently took up hemp jewelry
- i like to work with felt

i dont know.
any ideas are appreciated.
it doesnt even have to deal with him
just any boy gift.

im thinking of just getting a stocking and decorating it
and filling it with stuff.
but i still have no idea what.
a few candy treats that i want to make but other than that im out of ideas.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007 09:12:23 PM by justxlove » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sure shes got everything ive got gadgets and gizmos  of plenty ive got whozits and whatzits galore you want thingamabobs ive got twenty but who cares no big deal i want more
dancedupapillon
« Reply #172 on: December 08, 2007 11:54:48 AM »

Justxlove, something he might like is fingerless gloves, which you could probably make out of felt.  Something else that would really rock is a reconned jacket of some type, either denim, tweed, or leather, with patches and embroideries of his favorite bands/references to some of his philosophies.

As for felt, you could make him some kind of a stuffie.  My boyfriend still sleeps with the penguin I made him almost two years ago.  If you search the boards, I think there are a couple "self portrait" stuffies out there, so he can always have a representation of you with him.  If that's too gushy, try something you have an inside joke about, like a cartoon or an animal.  If worse comes to worse, monsters are always a hit.

I did the stocking type gift last year and am repeating it this year.  Here's my list of minigifts: a harmonica, castanets, Apple Cider mix from Second Cup, a dinosaur stuffy, many little love notes, candy, a soapstone whale carving, a stenciled T-shirt, a Mad magazine, sugar cookies, Origami "ninja stars" hiding condoms Wink.  Most of those are from last year, I'm still short ideas... Anyway, good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jamais sans mes ciseaux.
zombiekilla

I don't mean to impose, but I am the Ocean.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #173 on: December 08, 2007 07:13:55 PM »

ok I guess this isnt so much as a what to make question, but help with an idea. My mom is OBSESSED with maps, so I reconed a fram with a chunk of the us on it that has the states we have lived in the most. I want to put words on the frame as well, but I dont know what. Any ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

frix220

BRAND NEW-- frix220.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: December 08, 2007 08:39:36 PM »

I just finished a Christmas gift for my little sister. It's a bedside.. um.. holder thingee. It fits between the two matresses. She has a tiny room and it's always a mess! So hopefully this will get her a little more organized- at least her bedstand will be less cluttered! Anyway I thought it may inspire a gift idea for someone else  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tickle_Me_Pink
« Reply #175 on: December 09, 2007 10:15:34 AM »

I was going to put a picture with me and 2 of my other friends in these frames I bought for christmas. We were going to see Santa, so I was like perfect. Well, my friend got strep, so we couldn't go, and were not going to see santa until after christmas. I don't have any other pictures of the 3 of us, so what should I put in the frames? One of them loes softball, the other spongebob. any ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3
frix220

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: December 09, 2007 10:21:59 AM »

I was going to put a picture with me and 2 of my other friends in these frames I bought for christmas. We were going to see Santa, so I was like perfect. Well, my friend got strep, so we couldn't go, and were not going to see santa until after christmas. I don't have any other pictures of the 3 of us, so what should I put in the frames? One of them loes softball, the other spongebob. any ideas?
The first thing that popped into my head was putting a little note in the frame- sort of an IOU for a picture of the three of you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Astica
« Reply #177 on: December 09, 2007 02:31:12 PM »

ok I guess this isnt so much as a what to make question, but help with an idea. My mom is OBSESSED with maps, so I reconed a fram with a chunk of the us on it that has the states we have lived in the most. I want to put words on the frame as well, but I dont know what. Any ideas?
My first thought it kind of cheesy - Home Sweet Home
my second one is even more cheesy - God Bless America

I tried googling and got quotes such as:
"America is a vast conspiracy to make you happy."
"America is a young country with an old mentality."
and
"America's one of the finest countries anyone ever stole."

For some reason I don't think any of those quite do it either  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
justxlove
« Reply #178 on: December 09, 2007 02:39:03 PM »

Justxlove, something he might like is fingerless gloves, which you could probably make out of felt.  Something else that would really rock is a reconned jacket of some type, either denim, tweed, or leather, with patches and embroideries of his favorite bands/references to some of his philosophies.

As for felt, you could make him some kind of a stuffie.  My boyfriend still sleeps with the penguin I made him almost two years ago.  If you search the boards, I think there are a couple "self portrait" stuffies out there, so he can always have a representation of you with him.  If that's too gushy, try something you have an inside joke about, like a cartoon or an animal.  If worse comes to worse, monsters are always a hit.

I did the stocking type gift last year and am repeating it this year.  Here's my list of minigifts: a harmonica, castanets, Apple Cider mix from Second Cup, a dinosaur stuffy, many little love notes, candy, a soapstone whale carving, a stenciled T-shirt, a Mad magazine, sugar cookies, Origami "ninja stars" hiding condoms Wink.  Most of those are from last year, I'm still short ideas... Anyway, good luck!

thanks for the ideas.
i think im gonna stick to a stuffie. i really like the little monsters ive seen around here.
ill probably throw in candy, hot chocolate mix, a mixed cd. the usual for people you dont know what to get.
i just really dont think hed wear something i made him. hes too picky. but i do love the idea. (:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sure shes got everything ive got gadgets and gizmos  of plenty ive got whozits and whatzits galore you want thingamabobs ive got twenty but who cares no big deal i want more
Cuttie_2008
« Reply #179 on: December 09, 2007 05:34:57 PM »

We're doing "secret friend" in one of my classes at HS, and I got someone I barely know! We have to give them something in their stocking every day for 5 days, little notes or small gifts (-SMALL-[about 2-inches or less]).

The only things I really know about this guy is that he's quite large-set (not fat, but big), he loves lifting weights, he loves the game Zelda, and he practically has hypertrichosis. Ok, not really, but he's pretty darn hairy.

Anyway, I was thinking about doing a really really small crafty thing for him, but I have no idea what to make! I would -love- help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my infantile blog! http://juliadawn.blog.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Put Your Hair in a Messy Bun
How to Apply Relaxer Onto Black Hair
How to Take Out Micro Braids
How to Do Your Hair Like Taylor Swift
How to Twist Natural Hair
Latest Blog Articles
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup
@Home This Weekend: Bee Magnets

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...