A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 299,162
Currently Running With Scissors:
652 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ouch! Love sure does hurt! *slightly image heavy*  (Read 1728 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jadegreen
« on: January 17, 2008 06:15:10 PM »

I hope this is where to put this. She does sit around my house proudly. Anyway here she is! My mannequin. I really wish I had a "before" picture. She was dirty and cracked and ugly as all hell.

Anyway this is after a good cleaning in the bathtub, numerous coats of white paint and face detail. The hair i picked up from a toy store (reminds me of a cute Japanese cartoon, i love it!)

This is after I attacked her with much red paint. Notice the heart is on the wrong side. I am infact a doofus. It doesn't matter what colour my hair is I will always remain the blondest of blondes when it comes to common sense. I actually looked at it and went "here is my left hand...heart is on the left...paint it on the left" (duh jade that isn't HER left!) I realised only when she was totally complete.

The finished product. To get the arrow through i had to drill two enormous holes through her making sure my angles were just right. I then shoved it on through and attached the pointed tip. I thought my blood looked way too fake so I got out the hot glue gun and made her limbs look a little more "ripped" I guess you could say. And made all the rest of the blood on her stick up more. Also there is some glue hanging from the arrow tip (which you can't see unfortunately). I just painted all over this with red paint and got a stencil to paint on the "OUCH!" then gave her a top coat of gloss.

She is now at the entrance to my house wearing a pirate hat. I think she freaked out my landlord. YAY!

« Last Edit: January 17, 2008 06:43:05 PM by jadegreen » THIS ROCKS   Logged
thankyoulocust
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008 06:21:41 PM »

Ha!!!  That is seriously awesome!!!  And who cares if her heart is on the wrong side?  She looks really really amazing!!  The hot glue thing was a stroke of brilliance!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Yeah we don't take orders well.  Unless they're to get on the dance flo'.  Or raise the roof.  Or make some NOIZE...with a Z!"
Calliel

Oh fudgemuffins.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008 06:23:03 PM »

That's sweet. They sell mannequin hair at toy stores?! XD That's awesome! What's it actually for, the hair? Does it come on a doll or something?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not doing personal swaps right now, but if you're interested, go ahead and PM me anyway--maybe we can work it out for later. Smiley

Check out my mineral makeup on Etsy!

Blog: http://omgkate.blogspot.com/
Wist: http://www.wists.com/Calliel
Etsy: http://luire.etsy.com
jadegreen
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008 06:24:56 PM »

The hair was just bought on its own. I think it's meant to be worn as part of a costume or something. It's made form squishy foam. I just fell in love with it for some reason and had to have it. I don't think I ever wore it myself but it finally found a home on the bust. Horray!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008 06:25:30 PM by jadegreen » THIS ROCKS   Logged
tattooedcrafter
I don't need friends, I have teddy bears!!!

Me and My littlest love

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008 06:43:40 PM »

hahaha thats great, I thought she was so cute in the first pic but the blood just adds so much.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have very limited internet access so if you don't hear from me don't worry I'll be around soon

I'm Full of Unexpected Awesomeness
wists.com/tattooedcrafter
iloveoctopus
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008 06:52:17 PM »

you could always pretend her heart is on the wrong side because an evil scientist built her wrong, first he forgot the heart and then he put it on the wrong side and because of this, when cupid went to shoot her with his arrow, he accidentally killed her, not realizing that her heart was on the left instead of the right!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ViciousGossip
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008 09:54:48 PM »

This is really rad! I work in visual display and get to work with mannequins all day, I'd really love to do something like that to a few of them (I'd be fired for sure haha)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
khraene
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008 05:43:31 AM »

That is amahhzing! I'm sad to say that if I ever had something like that sitting around in my room, people would gape at me and wonder why I was so emo. -sigh-
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Behind the Book: The Anatomy of Dreams
Diane Von Furstenberg on Learning
Diane Von Furstenberg on Taking Risks
Sonia Choquette: From Humbled to Healed
From The Archives: Best-Selling Authors
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...