A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
839 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My So-Called Scarf-Along  (Read 7464 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

snappity-snap
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2007 12:14:56 AM »

thanks. soozeq- so i dont repeat the first knit 1 at all for the rest of the scarf?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007 12:15:15 AM by snappity-snap » THIS ROCKS   Logged

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.    Psalm 139:13
snappity-snap
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2007 12:15:55 AM »

thank you! i think i got it now....but wait, just to clarify.........
after i kn 1, sl1, kn 1 then psso, do i keep sl1 and kn 1 then psso? or do i keep doing the three kn 1 sl 1 kn1 with psso? sorry if im complicating things! i really am! i just am kind of confused and have had to frog the darn thing 5 times.

Think of it this way: you are doing a sl1, k1, psso that is bracketed or framed by a k1 on either end. So - you do the k1, forget about it because it is no longer part of the pattern in the row, then do the sl1,k1,psso until you get to the last stitch, which is the other end of the bracket or frame and k1. This way you have a multiple of 2 stitches. The pattern stitch is on two stitches - but on the front side the pattern is framed by the k1 on either end. The back is straight 2 2 2 2 ....

You've chosen a challenge for your first venture out of garter stitch, but I'm SURE you can do it! Oh - for future reference, if you see an instruction followed by an asterisk (*), it means that the repeat only includes things INSIDE the asterisk. So in this case, since the first k1 is not in the asterisk, it isn't repeated.

And - just think of each frog as another milestone on your way to expertise!

thanks for the encouraging words!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.    Psalm 139:13
hpy_sparrow
Grrrrr!

http://hpysparrow.wordpress.com/

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2007 06:31:12 AM »

Confession:

Hey, snappity-snap If it helps... I frogged mine about 6 or 7 times.  Wink

I know I didnt post a progress pix, but... do  you think we could see one of yours!!  Roll Eyes

Yah! I wanna seeeee!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

http://myspace.com/Irisssssss
snappity-snap
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2007 09:14:46 AM »

Confession:

Hey, snappity-snap If it helps... I frogged mine about 6 or 7 times.  Wink

I know I didnt post a progress pix, but... do  you think we could see one of yours!!  Roll Eyes

Yah! I wanna seeeee!!!

honestly, i have one row right now. im just trying to get the pattern straight. but once i get about 20 rows in, ill definitely post some progress pics. in a few days hopefully.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

soozeq
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2007 10:18:55 AM »

thanks. soozeq- so i dont repeat the first knit 1 at all for the rest of the scarf?

You do the first knit 1 every time you do Row 1, just don't use it on the rest of the row. You have an even number of sts, there's a k1 at the beginning, sl 1, k1 uses 2 at a time, then you end with k1.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
snappity-snap
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2007 11:33:52 PM »

You do the first knit 1 every time you do Row 1, just don't use it on the rest of the row. You have an even number of sts, there's a k1 at the beginning, sl 1, k1 uses 2 at a time, then you end with k1.

thank you so much for your help. im on row 5 and working on it.....pics will come this week hopefully.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hpy_sparrow
Grrrrr!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2007 05:05:20 PM »

Woo HOO!! Pixcs Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

http://myspace.com/Irisssssss
snappity-snap
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2007 10:04:33 AM »

sorry guys. this is seriously lame, but i've only got about 10 rows. give or take. I'm starting to get discouraged.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

snappity-snap
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2007 10:50:33 AM »

Okay, so here are my progress pics  Roll Eyes so i've been moving pretty slow as you can see.....but i hope you enjoy!

by the way, i compared my work to other pics of my so called scarf and my scarf looks DIFFERENT... Huh so i don't even know if I'm doing this right.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2007 10:52:00 AM by snappity-snap » THIS ROCKS   Logged

soozeq
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2007 11:02:06 AM »

Hmmm, in the brownish part, it looks like you did something wrong. It's a little hard to explain but, when you do your sts they're in pairs, but you use a stitch from each pair to make the next pair.

At the end of the 1st row, the sts on your needles should be grouped together like this:

x xx xx xx xx x

When you do the 2nd row, you purl the end st with the first one from the next pair, and so forth across, ending up using the 2nd st from the last pair with the single end st.
   ^  ^
XX XX X

So when you're done with that row, the groups look like this:

xx xx xx xx xx

Then on the next row, you knit 1 in the first st of the 1st pair, slip the 2nd one and knit the 1st st of the 2nd pair. So you end up with
x xx xx xx x again.

It looks like on some rows you made both sts of a pair into a pair instead of 1 st from the 1st pair and the next st from the 2nd pair.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ellen Crosby Reveals Where She Would Like to Be
Jeff Nichols Talks About Trainwreck
Bethenny Frankel Talks About Naturally Thin
Crescendo Book Trailer
Regan Hoffman Offers Readers Some Words of Wisdom
Latest Blog Articles
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...