A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 298,054
Currently Running With Scissors:
727 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fabric Stores in Northern Kentucky  (Read 8308 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alisasaur
« on: December 25, 2004 05:55:59 PM »

Does anyone know of any good fabric stores in the Northern Kentucky area?  I usually just go to Joann Fabrics in Florence and Hancock Fabrics in either Florence or Newport.  If anyone else knows of any good fabric stores around that would be awesome.  Thanks! <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cclaire7
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2005 10:23:57 AM »

I was in an AWESOME store with a friend.  It was a bit on the rough side...nothing fancy and I am told not to travel there alone....but it is great.  Has beads and things...tons of neat buttons and GREAT fabric.  They have some of the most expensive fabric I have ever seen, but they also have cheaper items and scraps of the expensive stuff.  I buy the discounted scrap pieces and use them for purses and stuff........
Have you ever tried Hobby Lobby in Florence?  They also have fabric but sometimes it is great and sometimes just so so.  There is also a quilt store in Cincinnati........out by the Target past Beechmont.
OOPS - forget to tell the name of the store in Over the Rhine......St. Therese something or other.  If you are interested, I will dig up the exact address and all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PearlyGirly
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005 06:26:33 PM »

Actually, I buy everything at Wal-Mart in Florence.  I'm really more of a crocheter than anything, but they have a pretty good selection of fabric as well.  JoAnn's and Hobby Lobby are too expensive for a student's budget....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Ohhh, I'm sorry Champ. I think I ate your chocolate squirrel."
corbeau64
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2005 06:21:33 PM »

I would have to agree to the recommendation of St. Theresa's in Cincinnait. It's on Main st, in the 800 block I think. In any case, it's on the left side as you're headed N on main, and they do indeed have a fabulous selection, and very, very nice and helpful employees!

Happy Shopping!

~Jules
THIS ROCKS   Logged
molly_bea
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2005 12:26:25 PM »

On Main St. downtown (Cincinnati), there is a store called St. Theresa's or something like that... they have the most amazing fabric.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
iloveeightiesrock
Debbie Stoller ROCKS!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2005 08:31:27 AM »

When you go to Newport check out the Village Thrift for vintage material. I stop in to see if they have anything good. Just bought a couple yards of vintage print fabric from the 60's there last week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LisaA
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2006 07:18:15 PM »

Check out the brighton Center Clothes closet and Chorpus Christi church too.When you are in Newport. I got 10 yards of material for 1.00.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
supastarr
Screen Printed Stuff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006 08:59:19 PM »

the textile studio off of buttermilk pike by the better bodies gym has upholstery fabrics... descent prices.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.supastarr.com
supastarr.etsy.com
cmcmc7
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2006 08:42:25 AM »

In regards to the St. Theresa Treasure Trove....rumor has it that it will be closing!!!!!!  Great sales to be coming up pretty soon!
Also, about the Thrift store in the Newport Shopping Center.  I look in there all of the time but have NEVER seen bolts of fabric!  Am I missing a section?Huh?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Halloween Inspiration from Celebrities Who Dare to Go Bold
Nicki Minaj Minajesty Commercial
How To Apply Matte Red Lip Stain
Fall Makeup Trends From Jill Martin
3 Volume-Boosting Beauty Products For Your Hair, Lips and Skin
Latest Blog Articles
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...