A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,165
Currently Running With Scissors:
368 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: my knitting projects over the past few months[[ warning: really pic heavy!!]]  (Read 2100 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dirtyprettythings
beauty is more vibrant when found pressed in the mud

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2007 04:04:51 PM »

so I've been semi busy knitting over the past 2/3 months or so and this is what I have to show for it:

green tank top- own design
all acrylic yarn, open back part and bottom is crocheted
the colors don't really go hehe but I was just using up what I had and it's just fun and colorful! The sort of thing I'd wear on a gloomy day Smiley

my first real sweater! well I had a failed attempt at a shrug before that doesn't count Wink. yarn's 100% wool. I started with a basic sweater pattern and added the lace panel in front...turned out too wide and too short! so I attempted blocking which didn't work too well and [warning: experienced knitters cover your eyes for the next part!] then threw it in the washing maching which semi felted it so now it fits perfectly. I just added some crochet on the bottom to make it longer. I like how it has character but next time I'll make sure I remember to subtract some stitches for my width.......

these armwarmers I've been wanting to make for a while. 100% wool, used the fetching pattern for a guide, added length and thumb gusset. first time doing cables! really easy!

got so excited making the first wristwarmers that I had to make another! found a crazy cable pattern and just used it for the top. the second one is still on the needles, I just wanted to show this one off  Cheesy yarn's paton's jet (wool&alpaca)

scarf for my mom- inspired by the ocean....bamboo yarn I got in a swap with some funky other stuff woven in. so soft! attaches with a button

thanks for lookin!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what is your inspiration?
Little Bird
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007 04:10:23 PM »

i love your wrist warmers! 

also, i think you were genius to felt that sweater.  it fits great and looks really cool!

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Loli-chan
Simply Brilliant

Antisocially Awesome

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007 04:15:12 PM »

Everything's fantastic! Great job Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dead... It's what you are when you've died.
circus

BIKES BABIES AND BEER

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007 04:15:32 PM »

They're all beautiful, but I'm absolutely smitten with the shirt and sweater. Gorgeous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beckey23
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007 04:17:53 PM »

Wow! you have been busy!I really love the additions you made to the fetching fingerless gloves. I think the added length and the gussets really adds to the pattern. Great Job on everything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."
eatyerhartout
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007 04:22:46 PM »

These are all great. I LOVE those grey wrist warmers. So cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I like to do personal swaps now and again.

I knit, crochet, and make stitch markers.

Just pm me if you wanna swap. Smiley
Hearts Need A Beat
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2007 08:09:54 PM »

I adore them all, but the wristwarmers are my favorites. I'm just learing to do cables, but I might tackle something like that next.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Attention college kids, stay at home moms, and anyone else who could stand to make a little easy extra money:
PM me about ChaCha. I swear, it's not an ad. I just saved myself on bills with this, and thought I'd try & help =]

Obama/Biden 2008!
dirtyprettythings
beauty is more vibrant when found pressed in the mud

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2007 09:33:07 PM »

hearts need a beat- you should try them! seriously like looking at the cable on the grey one I would have never thought I could do it but it's really simple, just following the pattern. I used a paintbrush as my cable needle Smiley

to everyone else- thanks for all the kind comments! it's nice to see my hard work appreciated hehe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what is your inspiration?
inoriz
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2007 12:17:11 AM »

Wow! You have definitely inspired me. Cheesy
Love your cabled projects!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

brouhaha
Bespoke by Brouhaha!

Craftdaft!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2007 06:52:44 AM »

Hi there Jo - that's GREAT! (I especially love the first top in the green with the mesh back).  Is that you wearing them?  They all look very well on you as well ;-)

Thanks for the tip about searching photos. I am a luddite in many ways. ;-)

Thanks also for the compliment of my moniker.  As it happens, it was a nickname given me by a high school teacher many years back, being quite similar to my real surname!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To be is to do.  To do is to be. Do be do be do.

(Please note that my site name might be a bit misleading.  At present I'm not in business and not selling pieces.  I just liked the pun aspect of "bespoke" given that I talk a lot!)
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Costume Corset
How to Make an 8-Bit Hoodie
Bead Artist Teresa Sullivan Speaks About Her Work
How to Embroider Constellations
How to Paint with Pudding and Marshmallows
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...