A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 300,871
Currently Running With Scissors:
606 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: contemplating 7.5 hour drive to Bazaar Bizarre Cleveland  (Read 2570 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

aimee_ant123
« on: November 08, 2007 04:30:38 PM »

I am really dieing to go to the Bazaar Bizarre craft show, and the closest one to me is cleveland, which is 7.5 hours away from where i live in Bowling Green Kentucky.  Do you guys think it's worth the drive?   i have never been north of Cincinatti so i would be relying on mapquest to tell me everything because i have no idea where im going.  My mom really wants to go with me so it would be the two of us.  I would also know nothing about surrounding hotels... is there a certian hotel close to it where all the craftsters stay?  any help would be appreciated... im not big on diving head first into trips without knowing where im going.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007 04:31:53 PM by aimee_ant123 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
SpottedFrog
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007 04:57:46 PM »

I know nothing of this particular event, but get a real paper map! DO NOT rely on Mapquest! They are often wrong or send you long ways because they appear to be 'direct'. I.E. taking a striaght north south road through the center of a city instead of staying on the highway (way faster) slightly around which adds considerable time to the travel.

I actually had mapquest send me to the wrong city once. We put in the Round Rock, Texas Marriott and it gave us instructions to the Marriott in Austin, 20 minles south.

That said, road trips are fun! Take advantage of some nice one-on-one time with mom : ) I got a three day trip from California to Texas with my dad once, really was a great time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aimee_ant123
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007 05:15:45 PM »

oh gosh maybe i should clarify.  the Bazaar Bizarre is the craft fair that Leah helps organize...  heres the link: http://www.bazaarbizarre.org/  it looks like a blast and i have to go!!  i was just seeing if there was anyone who has gone before that could let me know how it was and if it would be worth the drive.

and thanks penlowe ill definately be buying a paper map as back up
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007 05:16:51 PM by aimee_ant123 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ryoruki
the crazy lady

You may be right, I may be crazy...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007 05:38:41 PM »

sadly i have never gone but!! Cheesy(there's always a but heh!) i used to live in cleveland and i've had family in lexington for YEARS. cleveland is a straight shot up 71N, when you get into cleveland proper 71 turns into 90. Where the show is (according to the address listed) is really close to a lot of things!! most notably Gund Arena (now "the Q") and Tower City. Tower City has the RTA (train lines/bus stop) tons of stores, and a hotel. It's probably the closest one without googling but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's where most of them stay.

i love cleveland! it's going to be snowy though when you're there Smiley and windy! if you go be sure to check out the rock hall (if you're into music) hope this has helped some (and not confused the heck out of you ^ ^;Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

As grad school eats my soul and time, i slowly begin to craft again...

Life is not complex. We are complex. Life is simple, and the simple thing is the right thing. -- Oscar Wilde
miss_k

"button, button...who's got the button?!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007 06:07:35 PM »

hey! glad you posted about this...i live in the cleveland area and am looking forward to this! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aimee_ant123
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007 02:14:45 PM »

thanks Ryoruki... that helps alot.  it wasnt confusing... it sounds right according to the maps I've looked at.  and landmarks help too, its nice to know some of the businesses that are close to where you are going so you at least know you are going in the right direction.

i looked up Tower City and (just making sure) is it like one big building that has shops resturant and hotel inside, or is it just the name for the area of town thats a group of buildings?  it looks really nice from the website.

thanks again... your alot of help.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ryoruki
the crazy lady

You may be right, I may be crazy...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2007 02:32:20 PM »

Tower city is one big building basically. It takes up a whole city block i believe? it may look like it's separate buildings, but they're all connected inside. It's where the Hard rock cafe is as well. It's mostly mall space but has a hotel, multiple restaurants, and even a movie theater and RTA (train) station(in the basement). There's also parking below tower city, and it's covered, which means that you won't have to worry about digging your car out of a snow mound  Smiley feel free to ask me anything about cleveland Smiley i miss it, even the snow D:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

As grad school eats my soul and time, i slowly begin to craft again...

Life is not complex. We are complex. Life is simple, and the simple thing is the right thing. -- Oscar Wilde
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2007 09:44:49 PM »

I didn't make it last year Sad, but we (me & hubby) plan on going this year.  We live in Columbus, but my parents live in Cleveland and we're both from NE Ohio.

This thread might get some more helpful responses if it were in the NE Ohio folder.  Mind if I move it there?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AGFH
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2007 04:31:27 PM »

Does anyone know how many vendors will be there?
I am in Cincinnati and it would be a 4+ hour drive for me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I was off to save the world....until I was distracted by something shiny.
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2007 05:41:09 PM »

This is the vendor list from last year http://www.bazaarbizarre.org/cleveland_stuff/vendorlist.html

I'm not sure about this year yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do Decorative Glass Bottles
How to Decorate Suncatchers
How to Design Stained Glass
How to Do Decorative Window Films
How to Do Scrapbooking Techniques
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...