A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 305,439
Currently Running With Scissors:
627 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 100
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas Stocking Swap 3 Gallery  (Read 94883 times)
Tags for this thread: christmas_stocking  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #500 on: November 30, 2007 03:16:18 AM »

Yes! You got it right, they are slippers!  I had to frog the first one twice because I had convinced myself that there was no possible way they were actually slippers.

Sweets- I only go to the big A.T. on special occasions.  What I hate is when you're alone in there and then the lady at the counter is like watching you like some kind of hungry vulture and she's like, "sooo do you wanna try something" and my knees start to buckle and give in and end up going home with a coupon for 20% off my next 2lb purchase of chocolate.  Woops.  Truthfully, I wanted to send Grahairedoldlady a jar of Krema peanut butter, but don't know where to get it outside of the airport.

On to my package from Grahairedoldlady!  (get ready, it's going to kill your computer with photo goodness)  I've got to put in here that I had probably one of the crappiest days ever yesterday, and I expected to come home and hang out and maybe if things didn't get better, they'd at least level off.  Well instead just more crap kept happening.  And then I opened my giant box from Micki!  She warned me that there was some spillage outside the stocking, but truth be told: only like 4 things actually fit in the stocking!  Opening the box was like digging through a bottomless well. 

This is my indigo-purple colored stocking complete with snowman!  I couldn't get a good picture of this one

A birthday gift!  I haven't even opened it yet, and it's really heavy so I'm intrigued. Thank you so much for remembering!  Photographed with a pot holder and it's purple!!

Three adorable cookie cutter ornaments, I love these so much- thank you!  We haven't let our son see the train one yet, he'll run off with it and we'll never see it again.

Miscellaneous regional goodies, including maple candies & cream and some jerky (I'm sort of wondering if she put this in there for my husband, but well let's just say the husband never got to see it)

clothespin ornaments!

This photo I've dubbed "the stuff too pretty to use".  I have wanted a knit washcloth for a long time, got this fantastic one from my partner, and am so afraid that my husband is going to use it to scrub off bacon grease or something.  Also some fantastically brilliant vintage post cards.  Those suckers are probably getting framed, they are so up my alley.  And a few goodies for the boy too (he's already confiscated the books) and a magic towel.

Okay, so my thinking is that this is one of those wintery head covering things and it just happens to match my winter coat.  However, my husband pulled it out and goes, "well everything here is cool except for the knit tube top" so we've been calling it the knit tube top ever since  Cheesy  I tried to explain it to him.  He likes the tube top idea better.

This is a scarf, hat, and fingerless glove set and it is so incredibly soft and perfect and fantastic.  I wore the hat and fingerless gloves around the house all last night.  I'm really really excited about the gloves because I work in a renovated department store that is old and spooky and drafty (although at work we prefer to say it's the ghosts sucking out all the energy, they're the ones that never flush the toilets, too  Roll Eyes) and I cannot type with my gloves on when the building decides to be 40 degrees.  But I can totally wear these.  I am wearing the whole set this morning. 

I'm not even sure how to tell Micki how much I appreciate this package and how thoughtful it was- this lady is so talented and friendly.  Thank you so much for everything!!!

So many projects. So little time.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #501 on: November 30, 2007 03:19:33 AM »

IGreat fabric on the hook roll!  Did you dye it, or did you buy it (anywhere else, I wouldn't think to ask that question)?

I wish I was gifted enough to dye the fabric; however, I purchased it at Wal-Mart.  Every now and then I find some cool prints there.  With what's left, that is.  They are all slowly phasing out the fabric and/or crafts section.
Tutorial Contributor

Fifties Twist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #502 on: November 30, 2007 03:46:09 AM »

I love the blue stocking, cookie cutter ornaments and the stitch markers.

Muria, I will enjoy everything! I'm putting up the ornaments today. Hanging the stocking up in my room and eating all the goodies, I will share with my family of course. The fudge is the best! I think it tastes way better than the hershey's cookie and cream candy bar. What recipe did you use for the sugar cookies? They are soft and not hard like when my mom makes them. Grin
And will be wearing the shirt tomorrow. Also the jewelry is great, i love the style.

It's the Wilton's rolled cookie recipe, but I changed it a wee bit:
1 cup butter, softened     1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar        1 egg
1 tsp baking powder         1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla                    3 cups flour

Cream butter and sugars. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir to mix.  DO NOT CHILL. Roll out, and bake on ungreased cookie sheets at 400 degrees Faranheit for 6-7 minutes, or until lightly browned.

I tend to undercook them just a bit. My favorite part of the recipe is that I don't have to chill the dough.  If you chill this dough, it will stick like crazy (I know this because I gave the recipe to my mother, and she didn't follow the directions).  Roll Eyes   I substituted half the sugar with brown sugar (and changed the leavening a bit as a result) to make it slightly less dry.  It's a great recipe for people who don't like to wait several hours for cookies (like me).  Smiley

« Reply #503 on: November 30, 2007 04:26:14 AM »

I received from MizMosa yesterday and was completely blown away. Everything was incredibly thoughtful and fit me so well and I got SO spoiled. I went through the box 5 times just looking at everything. She's going to post photos for me soon, so keep an eye out.  Wink

nix kisses
mischief maker

like butterflies in the Blitz

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: November 30, 2007 04:32:51 AM »

That's awesome that you got a birthday present too!
Those cookie cutter ornaments are so creative and I love the postcards too! great package!

« Reply #505 on: November 30, 2007 05:24:58 AM »

I love the cookie cutter ornaments.

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: November 30, 2007 05:27:16 AM »

Cookie cutter dioramas!  How neat!

When life gives you lemons, make cocktails! Grin

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: November 30, 2007 05:45:08 AM »

This is the snowman I made for Michela's sister (the one she wouldn't give back so Michela could take a picture, see way back on page 40  Grin )

I named him Chubby and if you click on this link:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=206667.0 you can see his brother Slim!

I had originally cut 1 snowman out and then decided it was too thick so I cut a section off and ended up with 2 different sized snowmen (one thick and one thin)

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: November 30, 2007 05:46:10 AM »

He's so cute!  I love the twins' story, too. Cheesy

When life gives you lemons, make cocktails! Grin
« Reply #509 on: November 30, 2007 06:30:25 AM »

i love those cookie cutter ornaments! i've never seen anything like that before

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 100 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cheetos Rolls Out New Sweetos Cinnamon Sugar Puffs!
The Perfect Pre-Game Slider Recipe
Killer Pork Sliders Recipe for Your Super Bowl Party
Oscars Pizza Delivery Guy One Year Later
Clam Chowder Recipe Perfect for Super Bowl Sunday
Latest Blog Articles
November 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Cube Advent Calendar
Thankful for Family

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...