A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,551
Currently Running With Scissors:
685 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Leaf Sweater from Phildar Tendances  (Read 33968 times)
Tags for this thread: knitting , sweater , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

The Muffin
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2007 06:13:15 PM »

Looks fantastic!

I'm almost tempted to find the pattern, but knitting a sweater still scares me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BrittneyD
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2007 07:14:26 PM »

im in love!!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beckey23
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2007 07:20:38 PM »

One word: Gorgeous!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."
Kokeshi
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2007 08:08:15 PM »

That looks really, really nice, and it is such a beautiful fit as well!
I'm tempted to try out a similar idea on a scarf or something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sarahsreading
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2007 08:22:57 PM »

That is so beautiful...you "pro" knitters must have super sonic hands or something. I feel like I'm getting the hang of it, and I can't imagine going any faster, but I just spent an hour and a half knitting about 15 rows of 42 stitches K3 P3...for a scarf. And I'm beginning to ask myself if it's worth it because I doubt I'll get it done by Christmas at the rate I'm going!  Yes, I'm using a rather fine-ish yarn (I guess) on a 5mm needle...but this project looks like a fine gauge, too.

Kudos to you for this gorgeous sweater!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
landry
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2007 08:29:00 PM »

OMFG, this is my favorite thing you've ever knit. It's spectacular.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

flickr photos + + knitting pictures
livejournal + + knitting and other blog-worthy stuff
currently  + + crazy over twinkle's big city knits
soobeeoz
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2007 09:49:42 PM »

I've been considering this sweater for a while now, and after seeing yours I definitely want to knit it.  It's beautiful!  Lovely colour, and it fits you perfectly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please feel free to check out my Dating and Tiffany Ring blogs.  A few more are listed on my profile page.  Smiley

http://www.safedatings.com

http://www.cheapweddingringssets.com
Knit_core
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I put the RAGE in beverage.

Too lazy to be evil

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2007 11:39:21 PM »

Hmph...  This is not intended to come across as creepy, just so you know.  If I had a body like that, I probably would have knit a sweater by now!  What a gorgeous sweater!  Good job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by."  Douglas Adams

Debbies only get respect in the knitting world.  How unfair is that?

Because Poe wrote on both of them.

Anyone up for a Jasper Fforde swap?
grusinskaya
« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2007 03:14:53 AM »

I love this! I've been thinking about knitting this for a while. I love the way it looks in the round too--there's no pesky seam distracting you from the lovely leaf pattern.

I actually have one quick, kind of stupid question about knitting in the round--how did you cast off for the armholes? I've knitted sweaters before, but only on straights, so I'm always kind of amazed when people modify patterns written for straight knitting.

You knit in the round up to the arm holes, then you knit 'straight' (as in knit and purl) separately (front and back) up to the shoulders.

Yup, what she said Smiley When you do it in the round, you just end up with a few more fiddly bits than you would if you knitted it straight, but the idea is still the same.

Thanks so much! I have one last question--did you work with a translation, or did you use the actual French pattern? I ask because I'm actually a french major studying abroad at the moment, and so if I knit it, I think it'd interesting to use the original pattern. But at the same time, french patterns kind of scare me. I went to the local phildar store and flipped through some of the magazines and the patterns just seemed so cryptic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
klement
« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2007 04:55:13 AM »

Thanks so much! I have one last question--did you work with a translation, or did you use the actual French pattern? I ask because I'm actually a french major studying abroad at the moment, and so if I knit it, I think it'd interesting to use the original pattern. But at the same time, french patterns kind of scare me. I went to the local phildar store and flipped through some of the magazines and the patterns just seemed so cryptic!

I worked from the English version - but I believe it is quite a literal translation of the French pattern. It's written a little differently from the patterns i'm used to, but it just gets a little getting used to.

FYI - you can buy both the english and the french version so you don't have to translate it yourself. When I bought mine, they sent me both versions. However, when I bought the latest edition of Phildar, I only received the English version.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Create A Better Story - Motion Sketches 3
How to Create Better Media - Motion Sketches 2
How to Create A Better Story - Motion Sketches 1
How to Debunk Hollywood Urban Legends
After Effects - Realistic Gun Blow Back
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...