A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,727
Currently Running With Scissors:
587 Guests and 42 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WHAT CRAFT DO YOU DO? (THE 'HOW TO' SWAP) (SIGNUP: CLOSED; MAIL BY 28/1/05)  (Read 2382 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

purple_hippo
« on: December 24, 2004 03:55:11 AM »

Swap name: WHAT CRAFT DO YOU DO? (THE 'HOW TO' SWAP)
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: purple_hippo
Sign-up date range: now - January 7, 2005 (give you some time to get over the hols!)
Date to send item by: January 28, 2005

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): not at this stage, but I'll cap it if it gets too big

Non-U.S. participants allowed? Of course! Encouraged! I'm an Aussie myself! Please let me know if you are happy to ship outside your country, as this may limit participants if noone is happy to swap with them

All ages allowed? Or 18+? All ages, but if you're under 18, please just check with your parents

Organizer is aware of current list of "suspended traders"
list and will not allow those members to participate: you betcha!

Organizer has been a member for at least 1 month and will
make sure that every participant has been a member for
at least 1 month: oh yeah

Details of swap:
We all sit and oooh and ahhhh over what other people make and we think we can't. This is your chance to remedy that and learn something new!
You must send a 'how to' package for a craft including:
* 3-4 ESSENTIAL pieces of equipment for your craft (these can be any size, use your imagination)
* 5-10 different materials (I thought a range, because if you, for eg embroider, you would need to send less than someone who makes jewellery)
* Instructions for 2 different projects (different difficulties) that can be made USING WHAT YOU SENT (Package these how you wish)
* A (small) completed project, something impressive and fancy (but keep it small!) to inspire the person

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside of YOUR COUNTRY?
What craft/s do you do? (Can list in order of preference if there is more than one)
What craft/s would you like to learn (again, order of preference is fine but the more you have the more chance I can match you up!)
If nobody crafts what you want to learn, are you happy with a random craft?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2005 02:57:59 AM by purple_hippo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftaholic on the loose....I just....     ...need...          ...one...               ...more...                    ...shot...                         ...of craftahol...
purple_hippo
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2004 04:20:43 PM »

Come on Guys and Gals!
We need alot more of you to sign up to make this happen!
Questions? Problems? Just PM me! I don't bite...I promise! (unless you're made of chocolate....)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftaholic on the loose....I just....     ...need...          ...one...               ...more...                    ...shot...                         ...of craftahol...
twinSUSiE
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2004 04:44:21 PM »

sounds fun! i'd love to join but havent been a member one month yet Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bkrenning4

"Dance like no one is watching..."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2004 08:41:33 PM »

How many do you have signed up so far? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xmelinda
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2004 07:00:30 AM »

I have been hemming and hawing about this swap -- I really want to do it, but I worry that any craft I do is something everyone else already knows how to do.  Is there a way of finding out what sorts of crafts people might want to learn and what sorts of crafts people are able to make kits for?

Melinda
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I live in that place between conception and execution" -- IQJones
purple_hippo
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2004 10:06:39 PM »

Just send me a list of any crafts that you're confident in, and any you want to learn, and I'll do my best to match people up. If I get any funny ones, I'll make sure to post in case someone has an unmentioned specialty. And you'd be surprised but whilst some of us may rock your socks off in one craft, we may be clueless about another! The more the merrier!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

purple_hippo
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2004 02:35:08 PM »

Here are some crafts people are interested in, and we need lots of you to try and fill some requests!
* sewing
*glass etching
* book binding
* polymer clay
* making home beauty stuff
* crocheting
* beadwork
* embroidery
join! join! join! (please!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

starmeg
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2005 03:28:56 PM »

Purple Hippo - we meet again!  this sounds GREAT and WAAAY FUN, so I am PM'ing you right now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
purple_hippo
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2005 03:55:19 PM »

Yay!
So that's about....uh 5 of us or something!
The more the merrier!
(And to be nice to the Americans, we might end up as swap buddies...muahaha!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hanabi
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2005 04:14:11 AM »

Hey Purple Hippo... if you want more kids from the Southern Hemisphere I'm in...but if that mucks it up I'll just keep an eye on the results...I'll PM you with the details...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Design Custom Menus in Adobe Encore Lesson 4
How to Get Started in Adobe Flash Lesson 3
How to Get Started in Adobe Flash Lesson 1
How to Get Started in Adobe Flash Lesson 2
Adobe Encore: Basic Menu Functionality Lesson 3
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...