A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 300,925
Currently Running With Scissors:
381 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mom I Want to Craft Too - Sharing your kids crafts and craft ideas for kids  (Read 14569 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

roseye
« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2007 10:52:15 AM »

Etheren's idea is a good one. Why not a for kids and by/with kids section?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ezri_B
« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2007 10:37:53 AM »

I know this is quite an old thread, but has there been any progress? I know there is a kids clothing thread which is really nice. But I would love to show off more of my boys' creations and I know they'd like to see other things by kids their age too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Luna1375
« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2007 04:42:02 PM »

I'm still here and still interested.  Pretty please?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You can totally buy stuff I make!  http://www.etsy.com/shop/craftyluna  Smiley
lightninglacey

rock paper scissors

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2008 12:35:25 PM »

I came to this area to suggest something like this. My 4 year old dd and I have so much fun making things, and I would love to have a place to share
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gammerus

Optimus prime owns you

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 06, 2008 12:08:57 AM »

I was just about to suggest this thread... You guys beat me to it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

degenecle
djrk

I wanna be a professional grandma

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2008 05:55:29 PM »

My dd was asking me the other day, "Dad, can I put something on your website too?" It would be awesome to have a board where I know her crafty efforts are going to be appreciated, especially since she is too young to have her own account here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mhkitty8880

Interrupting Cow...MOOOOOO!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 03, 2008 08:20:59 AM »

I just found this thread. Yay! Smiley I am soooooo with you all! A Kids' Crafts area would be AWESOME! I have a 6 and 3 year old (almost 3) and we are always looking for fun stuff to do together! Please make a kids area! Smiley YAY! Love, Meg

PS: Today we are making homemade playdough and a Japanese Hanging Fish!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
degenecle
djrk

I wanna be a professional grandma

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 01, 2008 08:12:12 PM »

However, there might need to be a added safety feature in posting regarding children. It's been mentioned in the children's clothing board, but if there was a forum geared around kids, there might have to be a clause where the kid's face is blurred or otherwise blocked out. And schools (at least here) can't post pictures of children without parental permission, so I'm assuming you wouldn't be able to, say, post a pic of your class/playgroup/sitting charges and their latest craft, but would instead be able to post a pic of the craft itself. (As Craftster is on the Internet, weirdos happen here too, I'm sure)

A board for discussion around child-friendly crafts, and a board for FOs for giddy parents/caretakers of kids under 13 (an age at which they could join Craftster themselves, I think? Or am I remembering this age-limit wrong?)

I still think this would be absolutely great as a board, however. Call it Craftster Jr. Smiley
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008 08:45:37 PM by degenecle » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Luna1375
« Reply #88 on: June 01, 2008 08:19:48 PM »

Oh, yeah, I was thinking it would be a place for adults (and teens) to post about projects that they do with kids, and post pics of the projects, not pics of the kids.  I've been doing arts and crafts with kids for 4+ years now, and there are lots of websites out there with craft ideas for kids, but they're mostly just variations on the same ol' same ol.'  Craftster encourages and welcomes original thinkers, and we need some originality in kids' crafts ideas too.  Not that paper chains aren't great and all . . . but still.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You can totally buy stuff I make!  http://www.etsy.com/shop/craftyluna  Smiley
annie hall

you gotta stay positive

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 08, 2008 03:47:49 PM »

i found craftster while looking for kids crafts ideas.  i really hoped i'd come across a forum for kids crafts but i guess this is the closest!  i've been working at a girl scout camp for four summers (going on five) and am responsible for all the crafts for three age groups--brownies (5-8), juniors (9-12), cadettes (13-16).  i have a lot of great ideas i could contribute, and would love to get feedback and tips from all of you other crafters!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Prepare a Durian
Thai Food and Wine Pairing Options
Honey Soy Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
Beef and Black Bean Stir Fry Recipe
How to Make Pull Gogi
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...