A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 298,791
Currently Running With Scissors:
476 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mom I Want to Craft Too - Sharing your kids crafts and craft ideas for kids  (Read 14337 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

smprncs
« on: December 23, 2004 08:56:57 PM »

I think we need a board specificly for kid type craft's.
I work with kid's ages 4-14  and I've got load's idea's to share
and I'm always looking for new stuff. 
After crafting with kid's for 10yrs
you can only do the same project's so many times
before getting bored with it.
I don't know maybe I'm alone on this one...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mrs.benjimadden
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2004 09:00:30 PM »

I think it would be a good idea, and there could be a board for posting pictures of finished products too.  It would be interesting to see what the next generation of crafters can do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you are not vigilant and demanding of your talent everyday, you will slowly become what you hate.

My wist!!
www.wists.com/johkay03
beadgirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

ndnchick

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2005 12:46:52 AM »

I'd like a board like that!  Cheesy  I need ideas for keeping my boys busy while I'm crafting!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hermione
I require a popsicle every fifteen minutes; you obviously did not read the memo.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2005 12:35:34 PM »

This would be awesome! I'm a teacher and I know I'd use it a lot.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smiley
smprncs
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2005 07:08:12 AM »

im giving this a bump cause i really like to see this board happen!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alicesonmarie
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2005 03:04:39 PM »

i was just about to make a new topic suggesting a board for kid crafts but i decided to search for it first and YAY someone else is thinking the same as me. i have been teaching elementary afterschool and have just moved to a preschool and could definatly use some good ideas that dont invone anything diecut.(sure diecut has its place but there is just too much of it) i have read lots and lots of books filled with activities but i would like to hear some stuff that other people have tried and been succesful.

one thing i have been doing for the past couple of weeks is something called 'junk art' and the kids love it. what you do is: collect lots of junk- soap boxes, egg cartons, bottle tops,plastic straws, etc.  keep all this stuff in a big tub. when you have enough give it to the kids along with some masking tape and let them just create. its good because it so open ended. you can use different colors of masking tape too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
smprncs
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2005 07:45:55 PM »

ooh I love junk art. I've got a great place called resource depot that has all sort's of recycled junk that they collect from companies, and it's all free to teacher's or childcare proffesionals. the best is building your own town with all sorts of junk for buildings, streets, cars, trees, people, etc and the kid's will play for hours after they spend hours creating it. great project and time consuming too!! I really hope they start this board I'm overflowing with idea's and desperate for some new one's.who else is with us?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
semira
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2005 08:17:15 AM »

This is a great idea!!!  i'm always looking for more great craft ideas to keep my two boys occupied while i'm crafting away.  I also have a few that I'd like to share.  It would be fun in this section to have themes, such as crafting for kids for special occasions, everyday crafts, learning the alphabet crafts, etc....teaching kids how to craft more complicated things like knitting, etc... 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
smprncs
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2005 10:29:57 AM »

Come on moderators you know you wanna start this board, pleaseee   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mary Bell
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2005 12:58:00 PM »

I think that a board for Moms and Dads to share their children's crafts would be awesome.

It would be great to brag about your child's crafts, to discuss what works for what age/child and what doesn't, how to make things easier, craft ideas for real crafts on not foamie kits from Oriental Trading, etc.

I know from reading the 'bio' thread that there are lots of stay-at-home Mom's and many, many Mom's and wanna-be Mom's (haven't had 'em  yet) who want to raise creative children. I would guess that means doing lots of crafty and creative things with them.

Mary
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008 04:20:58 AM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Celebrities Show Off Sexy Fashion at AmfAR Gala
Top Makeover Tips from Lawrence Zarian
Fashion Staples to Stock Up on for Work
Have You Ever Looked as Good as Olivia Palermo in a Storm?
Primark Lookbook 2014
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Sherlock Matchbox
@Home This Weekend: Bottlecap Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...