A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,209
Currently Running With Scissors:
448 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Once You Pop Round 5 - Holiday Edition GALLERY!  (Read 19940 times)
Tags for this thread: table_runner  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ma Rut
A Made-In-The-South Original

Swap Addict, officially.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #160 on: January 14, 2008 06:51:24 PM »

Your sentence there just made me bust out laughing Cheesy

Awesome goodies, grammarofskin!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

darkladymajesta
« Reply #161 on: January 14, 2008 09:15:53 PM »

And that was an easy one! I love playing with my magnetic poetry set I got for christmas, I should probably blog it and call it "The daily fridge" XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged
grammarofskin
« Reply #162 on: January 15, 2008 08:08:06 AM »

that magnetic poem cracks me up! since i forgot to put in my little note, a few quirky notes on the things i sent:

the top of the pringles can is a votive holder! (though, flammability issues might occur...hehe)
the little penguin is a cat toy filled with catnip! (you mentioned you had a kitty!)
aand, the magnets will hopefully stick to your boyfriend's starcraft gaming computer!

i'm glad you received! happy winter!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

[taylor]
Astica
« Reply #163 on: January 15, 2008 12:59:39 PM »

Just one thing I should point out.
My friend had a teddy bear with magnets in it's hands. She put it infront of the computer monitor and it resulted in some horribly odd discolouration that her family wasn't able to get rid of - eventually they got a new one.
I don't really know if they're due to the strength of the magnet or the quality/type of monitor though, cause I know with some computers it's totally fine ^^

But wow! awesome can!

Not gonna lie. The magnetic poetry cracked me up. Should I be ashamed of myself? XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged
darkladymajesta
« Reply #164 on: January 16, 2008 02:37:14 PM »

Don't worry, the magnets are on the fridge a safe distance from the computers XD It is a bad idea to put magnets near any computer anything, but the fridge is fine XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged
grammarofskin
« Reply #165 on: January 16, 2008 03:38:48 PM »

good to know!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

[taylor]
MissNoemi
« Reply #166 on: January 30, 2008 07:58:38 PM »

Wow, purpleone, great can! I particularly love those buttons!
As a huge snowflake lover, I'm in love with your snowflake ornaments, darkladymajesta. Cheesy

Since my camera had recently bitten the dust (pixels?) when I sent my can and stargazersewer hasn't posted pictures, Ma Rut suggested that I post a list of what I sent in my can (or what I remember, anyway!).

The outside of the can was Grinch themed, based on her love of the movie. I took the classic picture of him sneaking off with the tree. Since the picture left some space, I cut the picture into slanted strips and put red and green ribbon in the spaces. Surprisingly, it worked!

Inside:
Two blocks of Sculpey
Various chocolates
Six (I think) hand-painted, button-embellished gift tags
A giant crocheted snowflake based on this pattern. Be not fooled by the tiny picture at the top. It was about a foot in diameter. I was equally surprised.
A crocheted wave scarf based off this pattern, minus the fringe. Somehow, I discovered (phew) that did fit in the can with some room left.
A pair of quilled snowflake earrings on hoops. I just made up the snowflake pattern for the quilling.

As for the can I received, be prepared to be in awe of the awesomeness of my angel, Irasema! I'm sorry I didn't get to post pictures until now (why does sharing a camera mean my brother and the girlfriend always get precedence??).

When I first opened my package...

It was wrapped in a stocking! After that, I had a sneaking suspicion Christmas was about to be happily extended. Smiley

My can! Isn't it cute? I love snowmen!

My loot! We have have FOUR ornaments--one with the name of the swap and my angel on the back, two sets of hanging ornaments (colorful bon-bons and icicles!), amazingly cute gift tags, a penguin craft kit, two winter wood blocks (I'm still deciding what to do with them), an oh-snow pretty bracelet, adorable light earrings, and a wonderfully dorm-sized JOY banner. (Apologies for the sideways photos.)

A close-up of the jewelry. Is Irasema amazing, or what? THANK YOU so much!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
geeber

My little pumpkin juice

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 31, 2008 06:05:30 AM »

An extended Christmas is perfect. Beautiful can & items by the way. You are a lucky duck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

That's what she said
irasema

I'm creative - you can't expect me to be neat too!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #168 on: January 31, 2008 07:36:55 AM »

i'm so glad you liked the stuff! i LOVE the way the JOY banner came out i think i may have to make me one for next year!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIST | BLOG | pintrest
dont mind me.... i'm rather random
Ma Rut
A Made-In-The-South Original

Swap Addict, officially.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #169 on: January 31, 2008 05:29:25 PM »

Your banners are amazing, irasema! Smiley Great can!

MissNoemi, the patterns you posted look amazing, I bet what you crafted was gorgeous! Smiley Thanks so much for posting what you sent.

Well, that's officially a wrap folks! Thanks again to everyone who participated and angeled! Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do Decorative Glass Bottles
How to Decorate Suncatchers
How to Design Stained Glass
How to Do Decorative Window Films
How to Do Scrapbooking Techniques
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...