A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,105
Currently Running With Scissors:
492 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Online bead stores  (Read 2563 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pgbeader
« on: November 05, 2007 02:56:35 PM »

I hope Im posting this in the right right place! Maybe it would be better off in the trinkets and jewellery section?

Sorry if this question has been asked before but im looking for an online japanese bead shop with a website in English. I do lots of beadwork from japanese books and i find it hard to fing the supplies so i thought id be better off looking for a japanese shop. I know plently of shops in japanese language but im looking for one with an english language website because it would make it a million times easier!!! Smiley

Any help appreciated!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
iggieb3t
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007 09:01:48 PM »

Hi !
I am afraid  Undecided it will be very hard (maybe impossible  Huh) for you to find an online bead store here in Japan that is in English.

I am assuming you live in Japan - may I ask where ? and do you have a craft store in your locality ? If so - maybe you can ask them to order the items you need for you - for a small charge. Most online bead shops charge about 800 yen for shipping unless your order exceeds a certain amount which can be from 5000 to 10,000 yen which can be a LOT.

Another option is to find a Japanese friend who can help you out with your purchase online. I think this is your best bet.

Most online bead shops require pre-payment of your order before they ship out. Pre-payment can be done in many ways -
1. Bank transfer (ginkou furikomi Huh- bank to bank or post office to bank plus transfer charges depending on the amount being transferred and the bank or post-office; or via the convenience store.
2. credit card
3. Cash on delivery (daikin hikikae Huh?) - you pay opun delivery to the delivery guy (usually a surcharge of 300 yen or more)

You can check this site http://www.suzuranart.com/top.html for a list of bead shops (click on Beads shops in the Japanese version of the page). You need a Japanese speaking friend for this. The list is classified according to area/prefecture - and the shops with web sites are also listed.

I hope this helps (i.e. only if you live in Japan)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mycraftyways

crafting, beading, living !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008 06:49:49 AM »

Hi,

I think there is probably no Japanese bead store with a proper English website.
I'm a beader myself, living in Japan, and have been ordering online a lot, never finding an English site.
I may have a suggestion though. On major sites like Beads Factory or Kiwa, you could try and send them an email, asking if they'd take your order. This would work best if you know the references (for example : color and shape numbers for delica beads or color name for swarovski) of the items you need of course, but it might be worth a try. Most shops will really try to help, I think.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sizzling Grilled Beef Strip Steak Recipe
Super Southern Creamy Corn Pudding Recipe
Sausage Cheese Balls with Sweet Dipping Mustard Recipe
Fettuccini Pizza Casserole Recipe
Mashed Potato and Ham Casserole Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...