A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,857
Currently Running With Scissors:
777 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Jayne-along  (Read 3089 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

crazydoglady

I'm dating... and it comes with snacks!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2007 05:43:11 AM »

I purchased a kit from wearwithstyle.com, and it was awesome! The package came with with stamps on it from the places my package had been - like Canton (um, and some other places I can't think of right now because I've already wrapped it  Undecided). It had a "Blue Sun" sticker, and the directions came with a copy of Ma's letter to Jayne (it's early and I can't think of anyone's name right now. What in the heck is Jayne's last name?) And the directions were in plastic sheet protectors! And she included stitch markers and a pom-pom. Overall, a really great package. Very impressed Smiley

Anyway, without further blathering, here is my hat:

It's for my 19 yo brother for Christmas, but here's a picture of my 1yo son modeling it:

Sammie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

artcat81

No Power in the 'Verse can stop me

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2008 06:21:55 AM »

This would be a lesson in check your gauge, and a casualty of my usual, headfirst plow through it no pattern knitting, this hat was knitted about 2 years ago.

my friends all call it the most special hat ever, I knitted it for my dad who loves it being oversized and sleeps in it, however my friends and other family steal it constantly.  I have made other "proper" sized jayne hats since this umm.. accident in knitting, but this is by far the favorite.

as you can see.. it goes everywhere   

anyways let this be a lesson to you all, if you insist on using big needles and even bigger yarn... you must make compensations in the pattern for it, or, you end up with a grapefruit sized pompom. I realized about 5" into the hat that I had a problem with it being big, and because its me, frogging never entered my mind, Ithought I could fix it as I went, and then when I realized my attempts to fix it failed, I went ahead and made the pompom to scale.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2008 08:54:36 AM by artcat81 - Reason: added an additional picture » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down"   - Malcolm Reynolds- Firefly
"Normal is a failure of Potential" - Eli Stone
Lmcbride
It's business time.

My place is usually tidier than this.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2008 07:03:06 AM »

I'm hitting this rocks.  Especially the part about your dad. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Get rid of all your boring, tiresome friends. Make friends with cabaret stars, exotic dancers, and down-on-their-luck royality instead." Jonathan Adler
padoxiegirl

Let dog in, let dog out, let dog in, let dog out..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2008 07:35:26 AM »

I had a friend in college that had a had kind of like that.  I think it was a regular hat and he just had a small head.   Or something along those lines.
 Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Dachshund can beat up your honor student.
artcat81

No Power in the 'Verse can stop me

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2008 08:58:12 AM »

THe orange and rusty red are wool ease thick and quick, the yellow is a combination of two mystery yarns held together, i believe they are both mainly acrylic, but their labels were gone well before I took up knitting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down"   - Malcolm Reynolds- Firefly
"Normal is a failure of Potential" - Eli Stone
h_pets360
crankypants extrodinaire

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2008 12:21:53 PM »

Nevermind that noone's posted on this thread in almost a year.  I've needed to make one of these for ages and finally am.  Here's what I got so far:

Anyone else working on one currently?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miyoko79: I think "be proud, young craftster blood" should be your new siggie

I've got a new blog!  Tell me how to make it better!

Support the <a href="http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php">craftster way of life!</a>
browncoat50
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2008 01:24:37 PM »

I made a Jayne Hat, but it came out way too small. I think I didn't make the orange stripe big enough or something; i was kinda freehanding the pattern.
I've been meaning to try again, but i've got so much to do, I just don't have time!!! Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Skeleton T-Shirt Costume
How to Make Halloween Specimen Jars
How to Create Paper Pumpkins
How to Make a Trick-or-Treat Bag
How to Make a Sock Skeleton
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...