A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,586
Currently Running With Scissors:
560 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Love Letter box- image heavy ...now with link to online tut...  (Read 15310 times)
Tags for this thread: box , craftster_best_of_2007  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sk8grll

I love my mini tea set!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007 04:32:00 AM »

haha thats great!! Cheesy
when I saw the first pic I was like, and why do we care about some stack of envelopes? Cheesy Then I scrolled down and was like, omg! so cool! Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myspace

Hi! I'm Kinnat Cheesy
I love making jewlery and purses.
I also love drawing people in powerpuff girl style Cheesy

I just started learning to sew and have made a couple of jumpers Cheesy
I also am learning to crochet at school and hope to finish making a scarf
Babyangel
Photographer, mommy, late night crafter

I made the BEST OF 2007 with my love letter box!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007 04:59:04 AM »

well good lord, i've never seen anything that amazingly awesome.

i've stared at it forever, and i still a) barely believe it's a box and b)dont know how in the world you did it...if it is.

i think im in love...
hee hee you made my day! Thank you!! Ill give you guys the secret as soon as I can sit still for a min to write it all out!  Cheesy

I think that's so unique! You did an awesome job and It would look very cool with old envies. I say go to second hand shops and pick up so old ones.
I didn't think of second hand shops, none that I have been to have this sorta thing, but Ill definitely take a closer look next time! Thank you!!

haha thats great!! Cheesy
when I saw the first pic I was like, and why do we care about some stack of envelopes? Cheesy Then I scrolled down and was like, omg! so cool! Tongue
I'm a super romantic so even if it was just a stack of envelopes Id find the romanticism in it, but the box part makes it ROCK! Thanks doll!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bubblies11
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2007 05:17:17 AM »

OMG!  When I first saw that, I thought you made a box to hold those letters! That is beyond cool. I love it, and must make one ASAP   Smiley By the way, I'm hitting this rocks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Clothes make the man- naked people have little to no influence in society"- Mark Twain
Babyangel

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2007 05:55:31 AM »

OMG!  When I first saw that, I thought you made a box to hold those letters! That is beyond cool. I love it, and must make one ASAP   Smiley By the way, I'm hitting this rocks!

OH bubblies11 you made my day too!  Cheesy
Can you figure it out? Its really simple. Ill post a tut tonight when I get off work.
All I can remember off the top of my head is you'll need envelopes (whatever size you want and however many to make it however deep you want) and foam board. Exacto knife or box cutter (everyone calles it something different) Glue, postage stamps and whatever you want to embellish them (well top and bottom anyway) with, ribbon and a liner for the inside.
I used string instead of the ribbon for this one because it was made before I became obsessed with crafts! LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

red_phooka
Geek

I <3 Zombies!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2007 06:08:35 AM »

*ugh*
SO amazingly sweet and clever! I have a terribly romantic friend, and to recieve this would make her year!
I too thought it was a box for containing love-letters, but this is so much cooler! I'm flabbergasted! And how often does one get to use that word?  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rira

like a good book, i can't put this day back.

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2007 06:22:02 AM »

i "this rocked" too. I so the SO and he started thinking about how to make it. I'd love the tut, since I have most of the things you listed HERE... (bwahahahahaha)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think...(Christopher Robin) 

it'll be ok in the end. if it's not OK, it isnt the end
Babyangel

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2007 09:15:27 AM »

*ugh*
SO amazingly sweet and clever! I have a terribly romantic friend, and to recieve this would make her year!
I too thought it was a box for containing love-letters, but this is so much cooler! I'm flabbergasted! And how often does one get to use that word?  Cheesy

Flabbergasted is one of my favorite words! I'm anxious to get the tut up so YOU GUYS can try this and I cant wait to see everyones individuality!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Babyangel

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2007 09:16:42 AM »

i "this rocked" too. I so the SO and he started thinking about how to make it. I'd love the tut, since I have most of the things you listed HERE... (bwahahahahaha)

Cheesy Tut will be up in aprox 7 hours (or less if the bosses leave early!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

staciart

Old, but not rotten...yet.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2007 09:33:02 AM »

This is fabulous! I've never known anyone who has made this - looks way better than mine!  I was trying to do the one from Carol Duvall show, but couldn't get it to look anywhere near as good as your  :\ 

Smiley     I rocked it, too!  Here is a link for instructions: http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/cr_paper_crafts_boxes/article/0,,HGTV_3289_1399648,00.html
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007 09:34:00 AM by staciart » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Babyangel

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2007 09:36:53 AM »

This is fabulous! I've never known anyone who has made this - looks way better than mine!  I was trying to do the one from Carol Duvall show, but couldn't get it to look anywhere near as good as your  :\ 

Smiley     I rocked it, too!  Here is a link for instructions: http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/cr_paper_crafts_boxes/article/0,,HGTV_3289_1399648,00.html

SWEETNESS! I had a friend pass on instructions to me I had no idea there was a tut on the net already! That will save me time and let everyone else interested get to it! Thanks! The directions Carol Duvall gives are a lil different but the end result is the same! Thanks!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to make origami claws
How to Fold Origami Wizards Hat
How to Fold an Origami Balloon
How to Fold an Origami Box
How to Fold an Origami Crane Part 1
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...