A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 307,965
Currently Running With Scissors:
274 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: LDB  (Read 1484 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

juliel85
Serial Crafter

View Profile available for personal swaps
LDB
« on: August 23, 2007 09:00:10 PM »

*Deleted*
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008 11:12:59 AM by juliel85 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
penguin91
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007 09:34:15 AM »

You could make him a mix cd with songs that remind you of him.  Or you could fill a jar with sweet notes from you and tell him to open one a day until your next visit. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

veggieheadgeek
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007 02:02:40 PM »

my boyfriend is at school in illinois while im in new jersey. before he left, i gave him a jar with 300 slips of paper in it, each saying a different reason i love him. i had planned on it lasting the whole school year but as of last night he has gone through about 40. in about 10 days.

an article of clothing of yours can go a long way when sprayed with your perfume. plus he usually ends up giving you one of his hoodies in return [added bonus!]

good luck! its definitely tough, but me and the boyfriend are getting through it okay. i see him again in 85 days. thank god for webcams!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Callani

Fall for pretty strangers & the promises they hold

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007 02:08:50 AM »

Oh wow, that is long distance. Me and my boyfriend started (seperate) unis last year and I made him a mix CD like penguin91 suggested but as well as songs I put things like tv theme tunes and songs from films that remind me of him. Then I made an insert with a page for each track saying why I'd put it on there and putting pictures and jokes and what not. He really seemed to appreciate it without it seeming too cheesy. This could work really well for you if you put some of his songs on the cd too... oh to date a musician *sigh*.
Oh and this might seem really random and maybe a bit odd but I switched our pillow cases. So yeah. That's another option I guess.
Anyway, good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm the hero of this story I don't need to be saved
Callani

Fall for pretty strangers & the promises they hold

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007 02:13:40 AM »

Ooh ok, another idea. You could make him something to hold his drumsticks in, like a roll up pencil case but drumstick size.
That could be easy to make and he'd use it often... although I'm not sure how you could personalise it. Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm the hero of this story I don't need to be saved
Kpooh
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007 09:36:51 AM »

Buy a cheap set of drumsticks...maybe pick up a used set somewhere...paint them in his fave color & put your names on them.

get a small lip balm tin, clean it out, put in a couple of those makeup remover pads & spray it with your perfume...he can carry your scent with him everywhere he goes!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Babyangel
Photographer, mommy, late night crafter

I made the BEST OF 2007 with my love letter box!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2007 10:20:34 AM »

Awwww so Sweet! My boyfriend is also miles way  Undecided hes in Kansas, Im in Alabama... crazy I know! I too am also BROKE!

I made mine a picture frame, I bought one of those cheap (clear all over) plastic frames (dirt cheap at wal-mart) and cut a border out of cardstock used a multitude of felt tip pens to write stuff ALLLLL over the cardstock and tiny drawings and added a picture of us together... I wrote stuff that was special to us along with random words. He LOVED it! He said it brought tears to his eyes because no one had ever spent so little on something so priceless it was the best present ever!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sassenach_Mel

Weasley is my King

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007 09:43:42 AM »

My husband and I had a long-distance relationship for the first 1 1/2 years we were dating - he in Chicago and me in SD.  Some things we did:

We had a decorated shoebox that we would hide for the other one each time one of us visited. It was filled with little trinkets that we had picked up that reminded us of the other one, plus a letter or something. I had things like silly keychains in the shape of a duck b/c that's what his "sound" was when he came on AIM, etc.  It was kind of fun to try and find the box after he'd left to see what he'd added to it. We still have the box and go through it from time to time.

I took a small piece of paper - credit card-sized - and wrote something like "Eternal " on side (I don't remember exactly what it said), taped a locket of my hair to it and then kissed the other side with lipstick. Then I went and had it laminated, although packing tape or contact paper would work, too.  Then he could carry around a bit of me in his wallet, plus "kiss" me whenever he was super lonely. He still has it in his wallet and we've been married 2 years! 

Take a piece of paper and draw the outline of your hand on it.  Mail it to him and he can trace his hand on it as well so you're "holding hands". 

I remember I did an online search for long-distance, and found a bunch of sites for people who had loved ones deployed overseas and the ideas that they could send to them, etc.  It gave me a lot of great ideas - cheap! 

If I remember more, I'll post again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for those rubberband bracelets for causes! PM me!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Etched Glasses
Horror Movie Crafts
August 24, 2016 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...