A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,216
Currently Running With Scissors:
704 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: San Diego Craftsters unite!  (Read 7194 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

xtalmolina
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2005 03:04:59 PM »

hey Miranda- thats a good idea.. I would like to meet you...can you email me or leave your email...thanks
Kristal Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mirandasnyder
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2005 05:07:10 PM »

Hello.  My email is jennifermassolini@yahoo.com.  I check it about everyother day or so.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lunastitch
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2005 02:43:20 PM »

Heyas,
I'm from Sydney Australia, but now living in San Diego with my boyfriend.
I went to the whistle stop 2 weeks ago for the knitting club, that was pretty cool....

is anyone going this sunday?

i'm gonna bring some sewing stuff along this time instead of knitting supplies. I checked with the lady who organizes it all and she said that its fine.

Anyways, say Hi if you're there. I guess the best way to spot me is i'll be sitting next to my bf who has really really blonde hair Smiley

cheers.

Emily.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.jumblebugs.com  - available now!
lunastitch
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2005 02:45:41 PM »

ps

anyone wanna get in contact about anything crafty send me an email:   leeroylunastitch@gmail.com

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.jumblebugs.com  - available now!
destroyed_sweater
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2005 11:00:36 PM »

I just got a sewing machine over spring break.  I'm in the process of trying to learn to use it.  Can anyone recommend a good place to take lessons or a helpful book or a fabric store in San Diego?  Also, I just started teaching knitting at Michaels, which is such an awesomely fun job.  I figured out a way to fit knitting in with school and work.
-Kate
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goonie
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2005 12:20:07 AM »

Basically, i think we should DEF do this...
i live in hillcrest but im still in high school. blehhh.
Are people thinking more along the lines of a sewing or knitting group?
because i mostly sew and dont really knit.
btw, i think theres another store in la jolla called the needle nook and i think they have yarn but im not sure its about a block away from knitting in la jolla.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i like stripes.
i make lotsa stuff. www.rustycuts.etsy.com
www.rustycuts.blogspot.com
mirandasnyder
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2005 05:09:37 PM »

Yeah, Goonie.  I am definitely more into sewing and fashion, but I think that I've seen more people on here into knitting, so maybe we would make two groups or something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
artsy_lola
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2005 10:33:44 PM »

goonie, don't worry I'm still in highschool too! I live pretty close to you, in point loma. I would love to get involved in a sewing, crafting type group, especially this summer since I have nothing to do! As I was reading the previous posts and I was thinking that the upstairs room at Gelato Vera would be a really cool place to meet and I think they would be cool with letting people do that.
so, contact me if anyone is interested please!! straylovecat1@yahoo.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'm a modern girl
         But I fold in half so easily
When I put myself in the Picture Of Success"

Please check out my crafty biz's website (although under heavy construction) www.enfant0terrible.com
Otakuannie

It's okay because I didn't really mean it

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2005 03:37:05 PM »

Hey you guys, this is great!

mirandasnyder- I also live in PB about a block away from Garnet! I'm very interested in sewing clothes too, but still interested in the knitting

artsy_lola and goonie- I'm also in High School, in fact my school is in Point Loma

and to those of you asking about about knitting stores there's a great one in PB on Grand called the Needlework Cottege, I always get the nicest vibe going in there. PM me or IM on AIM ASyntheticBelief if any of you guys are interested in sewing
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Your MySpace makes me want to kill myself
artsy_lola
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2005 03:14:31 PM »

Hey guys,
I'm not sure who in here is still interested in a craft group but I found a possible location that would be perfect. Just outside of Hillcrest (right off Pacific Coast Highway at the Washington Street exit, near Amvets) there is a little cafe called Gelato Vera which is known for having local bands play there but since their neighbors recently complained about the noise, they are not allowed to have bands play anymore. They have a large room upstairs that would be perfect for holding some type of crafting group, there is no age limit (good for those of us not 21 yet), they have the best italian ice cream ever, and I have a friend who works there which gives us an edge. So, if that sounds good to everyone else....I'll go ahead and talk to her but I have a question. What would we specifically do in the group? Haha I know that sounds like a dumb question but are we talking like doing crafts together, or talking about crafts, etc etc. Sorry for my ignorance but I just wanna make sure. Comment soon if your interested or email me at straylovecat1@yahoo.com.
Thanks!
-Alex
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'm a modern girl
         But I fold in half so easily
When I put myself in the Picture Of Success"

Please check out my crafty biz's website (although under heavy construction) www.enfant0terrible.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Granny Squares
Choosing Fabric Types
Creative Fabrics for Outdoor Fun
Measuring Fabrics for DIY Projects
Choosing Fabrics for Gift Wraps
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...