A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 305,440
Currently Running With Scissors:
533 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: San Diego Craftsters unite!  (Read 9347 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists

I cut the cheese the best!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2005 02:07:41 PM »

Have you met the San Diego burning man community yet?  There are lots of us in San Diego  http://www.fuegodiego.com/  is the official san diego site.  I have not yet decided if I am going this year, but I am definitely up for making costumes for other events.  Thrift store shopping is also a great way to get costumes to reconstruct.  Feel free to email me (simplysara (at) yahoo (dot) com) and we could get together or I could introduce you to the SDBM community
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2005 08:15:41 PM »

Hey Guys- I just registered today and this is my very first post! Grin  I hope I am doing it correctly.  I am in Oceanside and would LOVE to meet up with you gals for anykind of group.  There is a fairly new (4-6 months old) yarn shop called noble knits in oceanside that always has people hanging out and knitting/crocheting and it is kid friendly too!  Now that the holidays are over- lets figure something out!
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2005 03:01:44 PM »

*gasp* i wanna play!

i was actualy just wondering today if there was any sort of artsy group around here.

i'll totally help set stuff up f you'd like. i'm in vista/san marcos. where are you?

im me: criduchatnoir

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2005 03:18:35 PM »

that sounds like a cool place! i live around oceanside but i've never seen it. i should totally check it out. plus, it sounds like a fun spot to meet together. you know where else is crazy-awesome?

over in encinitas on the 101 there's a yarn place called "the black sheep" which sells all kinds of funky (and sometimes pricey) yarns. i <3 it.

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2005 05:27:38 PM »

That shop I was talking about called Noble Knits in Oceanside is having an anti-super bowl party on sunday from 12-6pm. Lots of food, knitting, and whatever!  If you are into the super bowl you can still come check it out and get home in time for kick off! I am going to try REALLY hard to stop in for a bit- maybe I will see some of you there- I will be the one carrying a red rose.....

haha just kidding- I felt so blind date ish there for a moment-
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2005 09:05:21 AM »

that's so awesome...i was trying so hard to figure out a way to ditch my family tomorrow. i can't stand when my stepdad gets all..."grunt grunt make me a sandwich i'm a man."

i'd love to check that out for a bit. yaaay.

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2005 11:42:52 PM »

Yay!  San Diego craftyfolk!  I've got a question for you all- what LYS do you guys shop at?  Knitting in La Jolla is closest to my work, but I don't really like it there; I don't get a warm and friendly vibe there.  (Maybe it's because I look like a poor college student?  Which I'm not... well, at least the college student part  Tongue )  A coworker's taken me to Lori's Fibers and everyone's nice there, but it's all the way in Alpine so it's too far for me to travel to regularly.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2005 08:00:41 AM »

I haven't really found a super favorite lys in San Diego yet.  I've been getting yarn online or from yarn stores back home in Yuba City (not so local).  I go to school near Knitting in La Jolla, so if I need anything right away, I go there, but yeah I feel uncomfortable because I'm a poor college student and I don't like yarn without prices marked.  As far as selection, I like the Black Sheep in Encinitas a lot because they carry a lot of hand dyed and variaged wool, which is my favorite.  But Encinitas is pretty far for me.  I have a lot of trouble getting helped at yarn stores.  The woman who owns the Grove is very nice though, and she runs a knit night on Thursday, but their yarn selection is very small (still a store with yarn and books is a great idea if you want to make me go broke quickly). 

BTW, I'm going to the knitting meetup at Claire de Lune tonight.  It starts at 7, but I'll be there around 8 because I am working late.  I've been before, it is pretty fun.  I checked it out and you can't even go into a bar until you are 21, so I won't be at the Whistlestop until September.  I don't want to get them into trouble since I'm underage. 

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2005 05:17:20 PM »

Hi- I would love to start meeting.  We should start a yahoo group or do you have a myspace page....
xtalmolina@hotmail.com -myspace search too!  I live in Clairemont/kearny mesa!!!

I am going to go to "Ray street" at night this Saturday- Local Gallery open house plus great music free!!!!

Off of University

oh and for those 21 and up this Thurday March 10th Downtown

Visual Graffiti art show...at Landlord Jims 7-1 AM

Come and check out these great artists/designers...

Ginger Placek
Rob Merritt
Joey L. Leffel
Kymberly Jeka
Sean Dietrich
Martin Sklar
Craig Bush
Tonette Higgins -Compulsive Arts
Elisa Gonsalves
Rebecca Crouse

last but not least! We will be offering free massages! Look for the
massage table set up in the back room!

Check out a cool new boutique called www.theoblongbox.net  -Deanille is looking for artist/designers to consign

Fashion Compassion,
Kristal Molina
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2005 02:54:10 PM »

Ok, I posted a message on this topic a while ago saying how I was going to research how to start group/club like things.  I didn't find much info.  But, I do have a 'fairly' big empty room in my two bedroom house, that could possibly be used for meetings or....whatever.  By the way, it is for rent.  I live by the beach in Pacific Beach, practically on Garnet.  I was just looking at the room and trying to fingure out what the maximum occupancy could be for a Fashion Club.  Maybe 10-15, though I am not good at this sort of planning stuff.  I also have an extra sewing room in the back, where I do all my designing, and also where my ferret lives.  So I could be onto something here.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Stronger, Longer Nails
First Look Inside the October 2015 Allure Beauty Box
Rosie Fortescue: No Makeup Makeup
The Perfect Everyday, Fall Smoky Eye
All-Day Silicone-Free Primer Spray
Latest Blog Articles
November 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Cube Advent Calendar
Thankful for Family

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...