A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
556 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Garden ornament Mushroom  (Read 1476 times)
Tags for this thread: yard_art  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

boddy
« on: July 12, 2011 12:43:01 AM »

I have a thing for red polka dot fabric at the moment which is in my kitchen, this has been extended into the back garden with the mushroom.
My husband and i made it, from some spare cement, we used a large fruit bowl as a mold for the top and a plant pot filled with cement for the bottom.
My husband painted it, however he needs to repaint the door as i feel it should be brown.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011 12:57:37 AM »

Very cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Taramor
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011 04:57:07 AM »

I love it - I migth steal your idea!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Purpley Goodness

Increase The Peace!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011 05:18:54 AM »

That's really cute, no matter what colour the door is, and nice that it's a collaborative project  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
whatthepuck
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011 06:18:26 AM »

Adorable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vintage Etsy ~ Blog

Swaps:
Kids Craft
Altered Puzzle Piece
Mini 13 DoH
July ATC 7/3/0

Would love to personal swap for Blythe granny square hat(s)
boddy
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011 07:26:24 AM »

I have a thing for red polka dot fabric at the moment which is in my kitchen, this has been extended into the back garden with the mushroom.
My husband and i made it, from some spare cement, we used a large fruit bowl as a mold for the top and a plant pot filled with cement for the bottom.
My husband painted it, however he needs to repaint the door as i feel it should be brown.

It weighs a ton so no one will be able to steal it.

If you want to make one here a mini tutorial

1) fill top mould (we used an old metal fruit bowl but we has diffiuctly taking it out, so plastic may be better) with cement/or stones and cement, then in the middle you need to place a bent metal coat hanger leaving a loop sticking out of the cement, this needs to be a bit squashed together as it will go through the hole in the bottom plant pot. This makes the whole thing stick together better. Leave to dry for a few days.

2) remove from the mould and place upside down so wire coat hanger is sticking up towards the sky. Take a terracota pot and put the wire through the hole in the bottom, you may have to make the hole a bit bigger. Sit it centrally in where you want it to be stuck permanantly. Then carefully fill with thick cement. leave to dry.

3) Thats it, the pot stays on theres no need to remove it, now its ready for painting and varnishing.

This is my first ever tutorial so if you feel the instructions are not clear then get in touch
Have fun and enjoy!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011 06:05:01 PM »

It weighs a ton so no one will be able to steal it.
If you want to make one here a mini tutorial

1) fill top mould (we used an old metal fruit bowl but we has diffiuctly taking it out, so plastic may be better) with cement/or stones and cement, then in the middle you need to place a bent metal coat hanger leaving a loop sticking out of the cement, this needs to be a bit squashed together as it will go through the hole in the bottom plant pot. This makes the whole thing stick together better. Leave to dry for a few days.

2) remove from the mould and place upside down so wire coat hanger is sticking up towards the sky. Take a terracota pot and put the wire through the hole in the bottom, you may have to make the hole a bit bigger. Sit it centrally in where you want it to be stuck permanantly. Then carefully fill with thick cement. leave to dry.

3) Thats it, the pot stays on theres no need to remove it, now its ready for painting and varnishing.

This is my first ever tutorial so if you feel the instructions are not clear then get in touch
Have fun and enjoy!

Full of AWESOME! I love that it's so simple. I bet you could place glass tiles at the bottom of the bowl/top of the mushroom cap and make it into a mosiac. Endless possibilities! I officially will put this on my To Do List for this year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Making Gravy and Carving Holiday Turkey - Father and Son Thanksgiving Pt. 6
How to Brine Turkey - Father and Son Thanksgiving Pt. 2
Individual Beef and Pork Meat Pies Recipe
Apple, Cinnamon and Pecan Tea Cake Recipe
Watertown Relish Radio Show
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...