A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,169
Currently Running With Scissors:
634 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Website opinions please  (Read 1238 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pixeegrl
« on: November 04, 2007 07:14:27 AM »

I would love to get some honest opinions on my website.
www.oops-a-daisy.comHubby helped me build it so it didn't cost me anything except for yearly webhosting. It's mostly so my local customers and hopefully new ones I get from my first craft fair can easily order things. What should I do differently? Is it appealing to the eye? Easy to surf? All opinions are appreciated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
randall321
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007 12:39:06 PM »

It looks slightly unprofessional to me. Probably because it's very wide and I have to scroll horizontally and vertically.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
emcharl

Crafter + Photographer + Website Designer.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007 02:17:47 AM »

Hi,

I'm viewing on a laptop..... whatever size that is lol and the website is to wide, I have to scroll across. So changing the width so it "fits" for all screens would be good.

I love that picture with the pink border around it. I wonder if it's to large though.... I can't see all of it without scrolling which kind of distracts.

The site loaded really quickly which is excellent.

You could add an "about us" page and also a links page for link swapping which will get your name / site "out there" and a contact page with your email and possibly phone numer & address. If not the whole address then certainly a town & state where you are located.

Also as you are selling online a privacy policy and faq would be helpful and is expected on "shopping sites".

It's an excellent start though, basically just add more pages for the "business / boring" side of stuff that people need / want to know!

Hope that helps,
Best of luck to you Smiley

Emily
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Website Design, SEO & Maintenance ---- http://www.emele-website-services.com
Handmade Cards & Gifts --- http://www.emelegifts.com
Photography --- http://www.zazzle.com/emele1*
Addicted to Soap
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007 07:07:00 AM »

I think the look is great but things don't look proportionate. The font should be slightly bigger, and the pictures on the side are great but make them smaller, and I think you should write more about your stuff on the first page so search engines can find you easier.

p.s. can your husband make me a site.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.magdoline.com Everything about my life.
www.addictedtosoap.com Everything about soap.
CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007 06:19:05 AM »

I feel like I repeat myself every time I make a website post, but you have to describe your products and what you sell in your website text. "I sell girls, teens and cool handmade clothing, including tees or t-shirts, tutus, etc. etc. etc."

I'm totally not understanding what burps are doing in your shop. It's such an odd fit and a totally different target market. Honestly, I would just take them out of the shop and concentrate on the other stuff. The burps look like an afterthought.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

laneybug
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007 04:29:01 PM »

I love your site. Just adorable.

As for the burps being on your site... who cares if they don't exactly match with everything else you're selling? It seems the site is for people with young girls, and many people have young children and a new baby. I think they're very nice. A new mother could be surfing your site, find a great bag for herself and a couple of cute burps for the baby. Who knows. If you find they aren't selling well but everything else is, then take them out.

Anyway, good luck and do what you want to do!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dreadlocklove
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007 07:19:09 PM »

I think the site is looking great!  One think you can consider adding though, is a return and any other type of important policy.  Just so people know what they are getting into and what to expect should problems occur.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:
http://www.dreadlocklove.etsy.com

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
mandygerth
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007 08:51:13 AM »

I agree with other posters re: the need for shipping and other business-y info on the site (i'm guilty of not having these on my site yet too.)  Some other things I think would be helpful are:

The jagged edges on the sides of the photos are a bit of a distraction for me.  I just want to see clear images of your beautiful product. 

The text on the homepage.  I am dyslexic and it is always hard for me to read small text and/or text that doesn't pop enough.  Your text is a bit hard for me to read both b/c of size and the color.  Also I don't know if you need so much text on the homepage.  A few sentances may keep viewers more engaged.

The pallete of the site.  I really like the pink and warm brown together.  I could see introducing a third bright accent color too...A deep red or a very bright white to break up the page a bit.

Hope this helps, and good luck w/your businesss.  I love the tutu idea! -mandy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Snippets from my daily doings - www.mandygerth.blogspot.com
My artwork
www.mandygerth.com
My artwork for sell
www.mandygerth.etsy.com
monsieur
art + love + dirty + craft = insane stuff

i heart colors

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2007 04:54:03 AM »

honest opinion ya.
i think the color is a bit distracting. perhaps a more groovy color will help. your stuff are great. wait let me rephrase it again. INSANELY FABULOUS. Pictures taken with white background will be good. and your stuff are very young and vibrant and crazy.. perhaps a over the top color slash will be great.

can i design your site? for fun. Smiley   Grin

thanks.
 Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

step08
I am so tired walking. so i killed my best friend for his handmade voodoo doll. &now he's dead.
CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2007 09:36:46 AM »

I love your site. Just adorable.

As for the burps being on your site... who cares if they don't exactly match with everything else you're selling?

I care, that's why I posted it. For one thing, it takes time and effort to make burps, when you could be working on other things that fit into the shop much better. Second, when you have two different targets, you have to do twice the marketing. Third, if it's a baby item, why only burps? You would start to feel odd about it soon enough and want to add more and more baby items. Things get complicated very quickly, and you lose your entire focus, which is (was, anyway)...cute stuff for girls. Once you get going and are rolling in dough and need people to help you, sure, go for a new baby line.

Keeping things simple and organized and maintaining your focus is essential when you're starting a business. That's what I meant by "they don't fit".
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Company Claims Suction Device Creates Fuller Lips
Cameron Diaz Is Anti-Botox
5 Things to Try This January 2014
Natural Solution to Smooth Wrinkles
Nail The Nude Manicure Like A Pro!
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...