A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 309,305
Currently Running With Scissors:
601 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Last minute baking and breaking-Candy Cane Bark  (Read 2608 times)
Tags for this thread: recipe , candy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

msmeow
« on: December 23, 2004 08:31:55 AM »

I consider myself a baker and a sweets expert and yet I had never had candy cane bark.  The security guard who spoils me at work gave me some that he made and I've been munching on it all morning at work.
Turns out it is SUPER easy to make and would be perfect for last minute gifts and stocking stuffers.  You don't even need an oven or stove, you can use the microwave!

You need:
12 candy canes
2 pounds white chocolate
1/2 teaspoon peppermint oil

First, line a 11x17 baking sheet with wax paper. Break up the white chocolate and melt it either on the stovetop or in the microwave.  Break up the candy canes too.  Stir the candy canes pieces and the peppermint oil into the melted chocolate.  Pour it all on to the baking sheet and let cool in the fridge about 20-30 minutes.  Once cooled you can break it up and put it in little containers or celpphane bags.  YUM!

*This is my first time I've ever started a topic.  I hope it's ok I put this in the winter holiday section and not the recipe section.*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
seapj
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2004 05:57:22 PM »

I love this stuff too (beware...it's really addictive!).  My take is to first melt out and pour either dark or semi-sweet chocolate and pour that layer first.  Once that's pretty much cool, I melt and pour on a white chocolate layer, and when it's still wet I scatter on and press in the crushed candy canes.  The two kinds of chocolate add extra pizazz to the look of the finished bark.  You can also marble the two chocolates by pouring the white chocolate layer before the dark chocolate cools.

Put a bunch of this in a cute celophane food back and tie with a ribbon and you have a great, inexpensive holiday gift.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goddessterri
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2004 06:28:10 PM »

Thanks for posting this!  I was on my way to the grocery store when I saw it so I picked up all of the ingredients.  I just broke it all apart and it is super addicting! 
Seapj, we must be on the same wavelength -- I made mine half dark, half white chocolate.  I poured the white chocolate in one half of the pan, the dark in the other and then marbled the middle.  It's like I have 3 different batches all in one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gluebelly
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2004 02:12:12 AM »

Oh, I made this the other day for stockings.  Did the double layer thing too.  First I broke the candy canes into pieces and then ground it using the coffee grinder (not too long, I didn't want a powder).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stripeycat
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2004 10:31:53 PM »

mmmm, that sounds so yummy!  After I get back from my trip, I'm picking this stuff up at the grocery store and munching away! 

Don't tell my dentist...

hehe
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mimi_sita12
This is my lucky fin -wiggle wiggle-

[...Found Nemo!...]

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2004 04:58:19 PM »

lmao i saw that on paula deans home cooking today on foodnetwork where she was going back to her childhood and stuff they looke uber yummy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just keep swimmin, swimmin, swimmin.
Scream-a-little
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2004 01:49:16 AM »

I just wanted to say thank you! thank you!  this was a quick & easy thing to make. the kids really loved smashing up all the candy canes. from now on this will be on my list for every year. everybody loved it!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One shoe can change your life"   Cinderella
msmeow
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2004 10:30:36 AM »

I'm glad people liked it (and kid's liked smashing things Smiley.  I was going to try it out with the dark chocolate too--but my grocery store was all out of canday canes!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Dog Sock Puppet
How to Create a Hand Puppet With Socks
How to Make Shadow Puppets With Your Hand
How to Create a Giraffe Sock Puppet
How to Create a Puppet Theater
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Art Caddy
Everyone needs more fiber!
April 29, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...