A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,856
Currently Running With Scissors:
766 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Altoids recipes?  (Read 4499 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Steph
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2004 12:26:18 PM »

I'm starting to feel as if I am the only person here who does not like the taste of Altoids... I love the tins, but I put the candies into little baggies to unload onto my friends.... lol

I used to love Altoids.  After awhile, I noticed I would get a bad taste in my mouth less than an hour after I ate an Altoid.  The sugar was no good for my teeth.  Also, after I found out gelatin came from cows, I wasn't so enamoured.

So, now I eat smints.  No sugar, no icky aftertaste, and no animal products as far as I can tell.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ottseetotsee
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2004 03:04:06 PM »

If you're looking for tins, you should try ebay periodically. Every now and then I see auctions for 15 or 30 empty tins. In fact, I sold a batch in the spring; I've been saving up again for another auction -- or trade, if someone was interested.

As far as recipes go, to help empty your own tins at home, I wonder if you could make some mint tea and plop a couple of the candies in to dissolve?

Chrissy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the way to create art
is to burn and destroy ordinary concepts
and to substitute them with new truths
that run down from the top of the head
and out from the heart.
- Charles Bukowski
ForevrBee
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2004 03:29:18 PM »

As far as recipes go, to help empty your own tins at home, I wonder if you could make some mint tea and plop a couple of the candies in to dissolve?

I usually take some of the Altoid sours (either Lemon or Tangerine) & pop then into my drink. (Warning: whaen puting any candy like that into pop drinks, Be careful of fizzing over.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Damn the Man, Save the Empire!"
  ~Mark, Empire Records
trufflegirl

chocolatiere extraordinaire

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2004 07:20:13 PM »

Another potential source for tins of various shapes & sizes would be wedding favour supply companies --- don't have any names off the top of my head, but I know I see them advertised all the time. (Apparently giving personalized tins of mint with cheesy labels like "Mint to be together" as favours is a big wedding trend...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. --- Dorothy Parker
chantal
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2004 10:56:03 PM »

I'm starting to feel as if I am the only person here who does not like the taste of Altoids... I love the tins, but I put the candies into little baggies to unload onto my friends.... lol

i also love the tins but hate altoids. i make my husband eat them. he claims not to like them, but if i leave an opened tin of them laying around, he'll eat them up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hey little bird fly away home

livejournal.com/users/varouna
norsgoebel

the cutest of the 7 deadly sins

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2004 10:33:47 AM »

This is my favorite place to get mini bottles,and they sometimes have different cannisters and tins and whole bunches of other kinds of funky stuff

http://www.sciplus.com/

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take a peek!
http://www.polytypicarts.etsy.com

2 sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm sh*tfaced...N.P.
SarahFroggy
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2004 08:12:38 PM »

seems like none of you like altoids.. i do i do..hehe they are actually pretty good for me anways cause of the strong factor. i have bad belly problems and they will actually settle my stomach(recommended by an expert). they work when peppermint tea is not available.

still takes forever to eat them though. i only have three big tins and one small. haven't made aanything with them yet. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bookgirl
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2004 08:19:56 AM »

In the meantime, if you're still looking to use up Altoids so you can get to the tins faster, crush a couple and dissolve them in a little milk or water, then throw in a blender with vanilla or chocolate ice cream or mango sorbet for minty shakes.  You could also add crushed Altoids to brownie or chocolate cookie recipes.  Like Amalia said, any chocolate+mint combo works.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SarahFroggy
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2004 08:22:56 AM »

sounds good in mik. but my belly problem makes me lactose intollerant. would be good in brownies though. mmm been wanting to make something chocolate all morning. might have to be brownies

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Writer78
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2005 08:05:23 AM »

In case anyone is still looking for Altoids recipes, you can find a PDF download of holiday recipe ideas on www.altoids.com.  I tried the chocolate mint truffles a couple of times, and they came out pretty tasty.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Paints On Ceiling
Chains
An Olympic Athlete Who Is Also an Artist
How to Draw The Powerpuff Girls
How to Draw Sonic the Hedgehog
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...