A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 301,621
Currently Running With Scissors:
381 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Packages for handmade gifts  (Read 1145 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ashling
« on: November 02, 2007 07:41:08 PM »

I'm curious to know what any of you do wrap your handmade gifts.  For the past few years I've just been putting gifts in used boxes from my work and wrapping those.  It makes for some humor on Christmas morning- "You got me... 100 Barnes & Noble membership cards!"  I think my in-laws have gotten used to it by now, my family always used to say "Boxes are decieving."
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HeatherDelaCruz
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007 08:03:32 PM »

find lots of different sized empty containers... i use cylinder-shaped crystal light containers, empty toothpaste boxes, an old cd jewel case.... basically as long as it's clean and 'wrappable'... go for it! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
suddenlysandra
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007 08:12:50 PM »

The two quilts I'm making for Christmas presents will be wrapped in a matching pillowcase.  I was at Goodwill tonight looking for some polar fleece and snagged several brand spanking new tea towels and Christmas towels - will use them to wrap some gifts as well. 

If you need a big sturdy bag (say - for a tricycle or something) you can buy a vinyl flannel backed tablecloth and sew up a drawstring bag for it! 

Dollar stores have reusable and pretty cardboard boxes with lids, and balsa wood trunks/boxes etc. that can be painted and decorated.  They also have lidded tins - like for cookies (can get those at Goodwill and Sally Ann too).

This year I'm trying to use as little wrapping *paper* as possible - I'm also planning on sewing gift bags out of scrap Christmas fabrics, so they can be reused.  Check out the snowman gift bags - these would be fairly easy to duplicate ...
http://www.webshots.com/search?query=snowman+gift+bag&new=1&source=chromeheader

Sandra Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mrsatama
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007 08:05:16 PM »

Well its more like a gift and a package really but one year my brother wanted candy..so I bought a stuffed animal reindeer and took out all its stuffing and filled it with candy. I added a button to the bottom of it so the candy wouldnt fall out, and so  he'd have to pull candy out of its butt.. hahah

so yea.. Um.. my family also use to put a a gift within a box within a box with in a box within a box etc etc.. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007 08:37:43 PM »

I am trying to use as little wrapping paper as possible this year as well, and have decided to make these bags, http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=177482.0, to put everyone's gift in.  So they all get a little extra gift, that they can use over and over again for shopping (or whatever), so it will also cut down on the use of plastic bags.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

frix220

BRAND NEW-- frix220.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007 09:47:48 PM »

They also have lidded tins - like for cookies (can get those at Goodwill and Sally Ann too).

Totally off-topic (sorry):: I MUST know what Sally Ann's is! That is my first & middle name  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cherry_Chickentoes
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2007 02:11:28 AM »

frix220 -

I THINK Sally Ann's refers to Salvation Army stores.  We always just called them "Sally's". 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I will trade my ephemera scans for your ephemera scans - please PM me if you are interested!
frix220

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007 03:58:51 AM »

Ohh  Embarrassed  lol I've never heard of it that way
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Baby Booty Soles Part 3/5
How to Crochet Baby Sneakers Part 1/13
How to Crochet Baby Booty Soles Part 4/5
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 4/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 6/29
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Removable Fabric Wallpaper
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...