A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,700
Currently Running With Scissors:
705 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cranberry Vodka (labels)  (Read 1497 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ElleBee85
« on: November 02, 2007 03:59:10 PM »

Ok, so my boyfriend and I have decided to make home made cranberry vodka for Christmas gifts this year. Well, homemade as in mixing the 2 together and bottling it, not really making the vodka itself. Haha. So I've been doing a lot of research on the vodka and stuff... and it takes 4 weeks to sit before you can drink it, so I tried to incorporate that with the labels (28 on the bottle for 28 days). Also, since vodka is Russian, we thought we'd put the word "cranberry" in Russian on the front. (I translated the word, so if anyone speaks Russian, feel free to tell me if this is not correct!!) I ordered the jugs today and as soon as i get them, we will start making them, but I just wanted to show my labels!! Let me know if you see anything that could be bettered or changed! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheMistressT
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007 04:03:29 PM »

Awesome!  That's a really classy and graphically pleasing label for your vodka.  A friend and I have been toying with the idea of infusing vodka and I'm so glad you posted so I can decide while I still have time.  THANKS!  Please post pictures of the finished bottles and if you want, information about your process!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fabric

we are the blood of the beast

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007 06:46:29 PM »

that's a really cool idea!
Your labels are really nice too-
it's almost a dead on russian constructivist design
which is perfect for what it is

Only one suggestion- the bottom cursive font, that last little bit breaks the style!
(Sorry, I'm overly anal about these things)
I would suggest sticking to a blocky font like the russian you used but in english characters

Here's what I'm talking about, different similar fonts (though they're all in russian)
http://www.auburn.edu/academic/liberal_arts/foreign/russian/art/rodchenko-mayak-nipple.jpg
Googling "Rodchenko" would bring up more inspiration.

That's my only crit, as a design student-   with that little alteration it could be PERFECT. (Wow listen to me haha  Roll Eyes)

I love it.

edit: actually, you could even use the russian font to write out "CRaNBeRRY VODKa"
it would probably look wierd to a russian, but to the non-russian speakers it would look kitchy and match nicely.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011 11:03:02 PM by alteredmommy - Reason: fixed coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyMcCrafterson

art should not exist for the sake of itself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007 11:12:21 AM »

i made one with some changes to bring a little more graphic oomph.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://dianneofalltrades.blogspot.com/

Looking for dead pointe shoes.
ElleBee85
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007 04:13:48 PM »

Thank you SO much Fabric for your input! I thought that the cursive/swirly font kind of clashed with it a bit too, but when i did it in block writing, it looked kind of funny. I'm definitely going to search for some stronger/block-ier fonts to play with. I took a class in that went over what fonts go together and which fonts dont. Too bad I dont remember anything from it!! Haha

And CraftyMcCrafter.... that design looks so great. I love the font of the 28... I may go back and change mine to be more like that. I'm not too sure about the blue in there, but but the whole little circle thing looks great!!

Thanks again everyone for your input and suggestions! I really appreciate it!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyMcCrafterson

art should not exist for the sake of itself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007 09:35:19 PM »

glad you like it! that font is called Red October. I downloaded it from dafont.com. be warned that that is a totally addicting website Smiley i spend more time choosing a font for a project that actually doing the project  Wink

post a final when you have finished; i am excited to see it on the bottle and everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://dianneofalltrades.blogspot.com/

Looking for dead pointe shoes.
MWM1231
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007 07:20:04 PM »

Oh I was so excited when I saw this! I was looking around the web yesterday for things I might want to give and homemade liquor had crossed my mind

Have you ever done it with the cranberry or any other type before?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ElleBee85
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2007 09:11:51 AM »

No, this will be the first time that I've done it. My mom received  a bottle of it done with raspberries 5 years ago, and she still has it! She keeps adding vodka to it when it starts running low... There are plenty of great recipes on line though with tons of good directions! I printed mine out and lost the link or else I'd link you to the one that I'm doing! if you type in "home made infused liqueur "into google, it should pull you up with something! Good luck, and if you find a recipe, share it with us!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jshires

Bye bye boys! Have fun storming the castle!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2007 09:32:58 AM »

I just have to say this is a great idea for xmas gifts, and I might be looking into it as well...And I sort of disagree about the scripty font, I like it. I think it gives the label a more festive holiday flair...but I'm no graphic designer...Wink Great idea anyway, and I really like the original label!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3 Jessi~La

"People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; Never throw out anyone." ~Audrey Hepburn
My Wists
My Blog
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
10 Grilling Tips
How to Grill Steaks and Baked Potatoes
Strawberry Shortcake Recipes
How to Make Homemade Breakfast Sausage
How to Make Healthy Homemade Pancakes
Latest Blog Articles
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...