A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 298,068
Currently Running With Scissors:
402 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: finally finished knitty's kyoto  (Read 5115 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

elisha

if not now, when?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2004 12:26:50 AM »

thanks all!
it's great to hear all the positive comments. i have to say, i think the longer that i work on something, the more critical i can be (makes sense, right?) so i find myself seeing the faults ...maybe i should be telling this to a therapist instead!  Wink
anyway, i DO  love it, though.
yes, rhythmgrl...it fits...it's not too tight at all! i was so expecting a weird fit that i was shocked that it has such a nice, feminine shape. it also has a very strong kimono look which i think is super cute and different.
the cotton yarn i used is some no-name brand written in a language that i can't even guess! maybe danish or something. but the whole sweater has this solid, heavy feel that i love. i wouldn't have necessarily chosen the colors for myself. i bought the yarn thinking i would make something for my 3 1/2 year old daughter, but when i decided to make this, i thought it might work.
SCARVELOUS, defintely make it in the spring - it has a springy feel...
and boo, i agree with rhythmgrl...you can certainly do this (takes patience much more than skill).
my sister-in-law is a fairly new knitter and she just started it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...the whole world is a narrow bridge, and the main thing is to have no fear at all...
Singlemom
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2004 05:50:09 PM »

That is just too cute. I really need to get off my butt (or is it on my butt?) and start this thing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PinkMonkey
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2004 06:42:03 PM »

Congrats, Elisha.  It looks fantastic!  I would also agree with the others that this is not a particularly difficult sweater and is good for (patient) beginners.  I'm doing the finishing on mine right now, hopefully I'll post a pic of it soon!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Jenna<br /><br />Check out my Knitting Blog!<br />http://pinkmonkeyknits.blogspot.com
midori
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2004 08:06:00 PM »

You did a great job! The only issue I have with the pattern is that Japanese garments are always worn left over right, not right over left as is in the pattern. I emailed the designer, and she said that she noticed that she did that after she was nearly done with the sweater. I wish she had posted a correction in the pattern because only dead people have their clothes on right over left.

Most people don't know this, so I wouldn't worry about it. The colors you chose are nice together! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elisha

if not now, when?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2004 07:39:16 AM »

yikes! that's kind of...well, i don't like it...so i think i want to change mine, i mean, i'm not dead!
funny, i almost did it the other way, because i'm a lefty and i tend to see things backwards anyway!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...the whole world is a narrow bridge, and the main thing is to have no fear at all...
Atouria

Craftster in progress...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2004 02:20:25 PM »

Elisha, major kudos to you for finishing your kyoto!!  I'm still a beginner and want to make this sweater so bad, but I'm TERRIFIED of putting all that work into it and screwing up.  Yours looks awesome!

midori, I can't believe they didn't change or correct the pattern!!  I wonder if anyone here can fix it for us? Wink  Even in the knit wit book they have it right over left.   Angry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rhythmgrl
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2004 02:51:13 PM »

Okay, now I'm a little confused... I had read somewhere about the right over left left over right thing, which is why I had done mine left over right.  But at the bottom of the pattern at knitty it does say - "The collar/trim will finish tucked behind itself, left over right, at the point where the collar/trim naturally crosses itself. "  However, the picture is wrong... I guess that could be the designer not wanting to untack her collar and take a new picture Huh

Perhaps Knitty should flip flop the image at the top of the page since a large percentage of us work from pictures!

Anyhoo - it's still a beautiful sweater  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Xanthia

the goddess of hugs

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2004 02:57:50 PM »

Kyoto is on my list! So pretty, I have a large chest, so I've been waiting on it, because I have a feeling I'll need to modify. Ugh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

midori
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2004 03:33:37 PM »

That's funny that you almost did it the correct way! I hope it's not too difficult to change. Good luck to you! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
booglass
Coin Operated Crafter

I made a hell of a lot of crafts to get here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2004 11:51:54 PM »

SO how many hours total woudl you estimate the sweater took to make.  And I just might get to make it since I suddenly have nothing but free time........
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to make a Chocolate Vodka Martini
How to Audition
INVADER- Rubix Cubism- Indoor- Part 2
Space Invader- Binary Code Street Art- Part 1
The Animation Chefs - Episode 4
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...