A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Breaking News: What's with all of the SPAM on Craftster?  Click here to find out what happened!
Total Members: 307,172
Currently Running With Scissors:
477 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: finally finished knitty's kyoto  (Read 6259 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

elisha

if not now, when?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2004 12:26:50 AM »

thanks all!
it's great to hear all the positive comments. i have to say, i think the longer that i work on something, the more critical i can be (makes sense, right?) so i find myself seeing the faults ...maybe i should be telling this to a therapist instead!  Wink
anyway, i DO  love it, though.
yes, rhythmgrl...it fits...it's not too tight at all! i was so expecting a weird fit that i was shocked that it has such a nice, feminine shape. it also has a very strong kimono look which i think is super cute and different.
the cotton yarn i used is some no-name brand written in a language that i can't even guess! maybe danish or something. but the whole sweater has this solid, heavy feel that i love. i wouldn't have necessarily chosen the colors for myself. i bought the yarn thinking i would make something for my 3 1/2 year old daughter, but when i decided to make this, i thought it might work.
SCARVELOUS, defintely make it in the spring - it has a springy feel...
and boo, i agree with rhythmgrl...you can certainly do this (takes patience much more than skill).
my sister-in-law is a fairly new knitter and she just started it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...the whole world is a narrow bridge, and the main thing is to have no fear at all...
Singlemom
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2004 05:50:09 PM »

That is just too cute. I really need to get off my butt (or is it on my butt?) and start this thing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PinkMonkey
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2004 06:42:03 PM »

Congrats, Elisha.  It looks fantastic!  I would also agree with the others that this is not a particularly difficult sweater and is good for (patient) beginners.  I'm doing the finishing on mine right now, hopefully I'll post a pic of it soon!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Jenna<br /><br />Check out my Knitting Blog!<br />http://pinkmonkeyknits.blogspot.com
midori
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2004 08:06:00 PM »

You did a great job! The only issue I have with the pattern is that Japanese garments are always worn left over right, not right over left as is in the pattern. I emailed the designer, and she said that she noticed that she did that after she was nearly done with the sweater. I wish she had posted a correction in the pattern because only dead people have their clothes on right over left.

Most people don't know this, so I wouldn't worry about it. The colors you chose are nice together! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elisha

if not now, when?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2004 07:39:16 AM »

yikes! that's kind of...well, i don't like it...so i think i want to change mine, i mean, i'm not dead!
funny, i almost did it the other way, because i'm a lefty and i tend to see things backwards anyway!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...the whole world is a narrow bridge, and the main thing is to have no fear at all...
Atouria

Craftster in progress...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2004 02:20:25 PM »

Elisha, major kudos to you for finishing your kyoto!!  I'm still a beginner and want to make this sweater so bad, but I'm TERRIFIED of putting all that work into it and screwing up.  Yours looks awesome!

midori, I can't believe they didn't change or correct the pattern!!  I wonder if anyone here can fix it for us? Wink  Even in the knit wit book they have it right over left.   Angry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rhythmgrl
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2004 02:51:13 PM »

Okay, now I'm a little confused... I had read somewhere about the right over left left over right thing, which is why I had done mine left over right.  But at the bottom of the pattern at knitty it does say - "The collar/trim will finish tucked behind itself, left over right, at the point where the collar/trim naturally crosses itself. "  However, the picture is wrong... I guess that could be the designer not wanting to untack her collar and take a new picture Huh

Perhaps Knitty should flip flop the image at the top of the page since a large percentage of us work from pictures!

Anyhoo - it's still a beautiful sweater  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Xanthia

the goddess of hugs

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2004 02:57:50 PM »

Kyoto is on my list! So pretty, I have a large chest, so I've been waiting on it, because I have a feeling I'll need to modify. Ugh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

midori
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2004 03:33:37 PM »

That's funny that you almost did it the correct way! I hope it's not too difficult to change. Good luck to you! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
booglass
Coin Operated Crafter

I made a hell of a lot of crafts to get here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2004 11:51:54 PM »

SO how many hours total woudl you estimate the sweater took to make.  And I just might get to make it since I suddenly have nothing but free time........
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Make Coriander Chutney and Cucumber Raita Condiments
How to Make Tasty Chicken Breasts in Satay Sauce
How to Cook Thai Red Curry Fish Cakes
How to Prepare Thai Chicken Noodle Soup
How to Prepare Chicken with Figs and Lemon
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Star Chandelier
May 4, 2016 Featured Projects
I propose a toast!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...