A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,743
Currently Running With Scissors:
539 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 40
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hand Embroidered Patch Swap Gallery - Send before Nov-27  (Read 31686 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: November 15, 2007 12:42:59 AM »

I don't know how I managed to miss your patch Beetastic.
She is very pretty, I love her eyes  Smiley
I'm a bit daunted by doing faces, I traced a pic out of a book last night though so I'm going to have a practise run once I've finished #3 (hopefully today)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Sewsew-a-Gogo
Faster, Pussycat! Sew! Sew!

I'll show ye.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: November 15, 2007 04:05:40 AM »

Gatsby girl- I think it looks adorable!  I love the sequins on the fountain!  I like felt because even if you make a mistake, if you leave it for a while and come back to it you really don't notice it anymore.

Bee - She's gorgeous!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Currently taking a hiatus from swapping.  Sad

I've always wondered what disease cured ham had.

Wist Bandwagon
craftybernie
« Reply #152 on: November 15, 2007 07:29:11 AM »

Opinions please. So, I finished my last patch tonight and threw it in the wash to get a couple of transfer marks out. Now, I've done this with felt before without a problem, but have never done it with wool felt until now.....But what do you guys think? Even if it was a happy accident, it was still an accident and I don't want my partner to be disappointed. Opinions?

I think the patch looks great and the picture is still well defined, considering it's been through the wash.  The one saving grace with wool felt is that as it shrinks, it gets 'thicker' or more dense, so that's probably why it worked and the stitches retained their definition, rather than get all puckered and wrinkly. At some point the wool felt will stop 'felting' as it can only shrink so much.

If you're worried that you might not get so lucky next time, you could always pre-shrink the felt first, just like we do with quilters cotton fabrics before sewing them.  Alternatively, do wha tyou did this time, but wash it gently by hand so you have more control over the shrinkage and avoid any potential disaster.

It's a lovely patch!!!

ETA - PS Just had a thought.  You could try experimenting with wool thread on the wool felt too and see if / how it all felts together!!  (I'm assuming the threads you used in this patch are the traditional embroidery threads).
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007 07:37:37 AM by craftybernie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftybernie
« Reply #153 on: November 15, 2007 07:35:48 AM »

I received my first patch today from EzriB.  It's the Fairy Toadstool one and I love it!!!  I was having a really cr*ppy afternoon too and it's made me smile!  Thanks EzriB (have pm'd you)!

TTFN

THIS ROCKS   Logged

rectangel
a right angle gone wrong

'once a square always a square'

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #154 on: November 15, 2007 09:20:01 AM »

Jennickell it looks great Wink
Trifarina wow I think the dandelions look cool
Kookaloo -  satin stitching extraordinaire!
Gatsby it is a beautiful picture w/o knowing how it looked before I would never imagine there was a problem with it now
Beetastic-wow! Looks lovely can't wait to see your next one Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Going to Viva this year April 1-4!
Beetastic
« Reply #155 on: November 15, 2007 02:27:43 PM »

Thanks gals.  I am still not happy with her eyes but I will have to leave it or not get any other patches done.  That is why I am keeping her for an extra day just incase inspiration strikes to change her. 

I have started my next patch and even planned out my third.  I am getting there.  I am just stuck on a couple of people.  You might be getting a pm from me asking for more ideas since my lurking is not showing up to much on a couple of you. Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ezri_B
« Reply #156 on: November 15, 2007 02:52:09 PM »

I know what you mean. I am stuck on one myself. I have lurked, and I have ideas, but some of my lurkings have found things from over to almost a year ago, and I don't know if they'd still be interested in certain subject matter.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Beetastic
« Reply #157 on: November 15, 2007 03:10:16 PM »

I love to make lists and plan things it is hard for me not to plan it out ahead of time so it is driving me batty.

I hope we both figure it out soon.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007 03:10:41 PM by Beetastic » THIS ROCKS   Logged

stargazersewer
Fat is not a 4 letter word.....

Oh, ma....let me sleep.....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #158 on: November 15, 2007 07:40:51 PM »

I have one patch all embroidered and I have 4 more to go but it will go quick and I have a lot of family time coming up over thanksgiving which means lots of sitting around talking so I will just have all of my stuff ready to go with me and I will work on a lot of stuff.
I will post the pic of the first one soon.  In the meantime here is a picture of Puppies my dog had last night.

Momma and babies are fine.  There are 6 boys and 2 girls so if anyone wants a puppy.....
Shawna
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: November 15, 2007 09:14:37 PM »

There are 6 boys and 2 girls so if anyone wants a puppy.....

Awwww Shawna, I want a puppy!!  Grin Just a shame you can't send one over here *lol*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 40 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Wear Black Overalls for Every Occasion
How to Find the Right Bra
Summer Festival Style Tips
When Should Style Wear The Pants In Politics?
How Does Gender Play Into The Politics Of Style?
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...