A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,144
Currently Running With Scissors:
399 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: favorite TX thrift stores?  (Read 15840 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

8:10
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2005 10:45:55 PM »

I'll vouch for the Bon Ton Shop outside of Waxahachie.  That place rocks!  Definitely worth the drive!  It is hands down the best vintage shop I've ever been to- and the fact that it's out in the middle of nowhere (it literally is in a town one block long) somehow even makes it cooler.  The upstairs level contains a fantastic selection of vintage clothes, but they're not all bargains.  Most are in near perfect condition, so they cost more - no thrift store prices.  But for what they were, I thought the pieces were worth it.  (More women's items than men's when I was there.)  I think they sell a lot of things to movie stylists - I stumbled onto this shop from a listing in an area film production guide.  They also have a nice selection of old books, records, and misc. stuff.  Go check it out, you won't be disappointed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Leylia

Given enough coffee, I could rule the world.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2005 09:15:42 AM »

OMG!  Erin, I live RIGHT down the street from those thrift stores in Garland.  There are two pretty good ones at Garland and uh...Kingsley?  No....Yes.  Maybe.  Across the street from that really old cemetary, and there's an Aaron's Rental place.  But one is just called "Thrift Store" and the other (less impressive) one is The Salvation Army.

I'm also a fan of Vikon Village, a flea market at Jupiter and Kingsley, which if nothing else is full of bizarre stuff to gain inspiration from.  There's also another good one on Garland Road, but I can't remember what it's called.  It used to be the Lone Star Bazaar, I think.

AND HELLO, BUCHANON'S!  Tell me everyone here goes to Buchanon's EVERY MONTH.  You NEVER know what kind of cool crap you're going to find there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kindness isn't dead.  Promise.

R.I.P. Brett (1982-2007)
k.marsh!
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2005 01:13:54 AM »

there's a thirftstore in lewisville where i got a framed picture of the pope from the 60's.. it's called "resale", off of 121 business.

as far as vintage stores go, there's pandemonium off of henderson/knox in dallas, buffalo exchange off of greenville ave (some vintage), & loose threads & left handed monkey in denton. there's another in dallas near bill's records & tapes.. i can't think of the name, but there's another one somewhere downtown.

then ofcourse there's always thrifttown, psshh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
OurJuliet
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2005 11:09:44 PM »

In Ft. Worth, we've got McCart Thrift that rocks.  It's very close to a super-rich district with lots of primadonnas who drop their clothes off there.  It's a hidden secret b/c you really, really have to be willing to dig...but man, is it worth it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
joyofcraft

How Hard Can it Be?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2005 02:22:56 PM »

I always score something cool at "Thrift Town" in River Oaks.  (north of Fort Worth)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lisa the Diva
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2005 06:44:42 PM »

.THRIFT WORLD.
It is in Lewisville off of Main Street next to Big Lots
THIS ROCKS   Logged

humblestumble
Craftster enhances life.

Retro crafty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2005 06:58:18 PM »

Well the thrift stores here in Corpus suck so far that I know. It's on Ayers down the freeway, and there's a goodwill on Kostoryz. I mean, sometimes there's good stuff. But I guess like with anything else you gotta look. I like Austin more, but unfortunately I don't live there and don't know streets.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.amschwengler.com

http://craftster.ourtoolbar.com <-- I made a Craftster toolbar for us obsessed Craftster members

"Takes 2 steps to get up and one to fall down."
evilpeach
Awesome Extraordinaire

sweet relief

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2005 12:28:30 PM »

I'm going to put in another vote for Treasure Box in Plano, that one rocks. There is also a Sal Army store in Garland with another just "thrift store" down the walk. I believe it's just on North Garland Road.. I'm not sure if the road name changes before or after the shops

edit: haha... already posted, man I'm lame
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://nerdbomber.etsy.com

check it out... maaaaaan
The Meow Wont Purr
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Valerian Aquarian

All Is Full Of Love

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2005 10:37:55 PM »

Oh you have to put the Style Depot...one of the most fantabulous stores in the Texas by far...just north of Waco off of 35. The lady who runs the place is the coolest and has the best selection of pearl snap shirts you'll ever find.
Yes! We try to stop every time we drive SA to Denton. They are so friendly and make wonderful conversation. Sometimes we forget to look at stuff....which there is lots and lots of. Awesome place.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"To be matter of fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy -- and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." --Robert A. Heinlein
mor chaos
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2005 11:34:42 AM »

Houston~ Theres a bunch i love off of Westhimer. I think it*s actually before Montrose, but everyone i know just calls it "Montrose". They have Taxi Taxi and Leopard Lounge (which have this "hollar for a dollar" thing every 2nd sunday of the month. On the porch, they have mounds of clothes for $1!! And i*ve found some cool stuff!! last weekend, i went for a pair of jeans to make into a bag, and i found some L.E.I.s that were my size and when i got home, they actually fit me pretty good!!! L.E.I. Jeans for $1.. Can anyone beat that deal?) Any ways, Buffalo Exchange, Wish (brand-new CHEAP), Recycle, Clothing exchange... ummm.. well, thats all i can think of for now.
oh, and i know someone said something about Value Village... Where exactly is that!! i*ve been meaning on finding out!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Live life with no regrets~!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create and Color Objects in Illustrator Lesson 2
117 Understanding Adobe Photoshop - Repair Sky
119 Understanding Adobe Photoshop - Zoomify
How to Do Lip Syncing for Animation
How to Use Animation Effects in Sprout
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...