A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 306,087
Currently Running With Scissors:
430 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My rather offensive costume ..not for the faint of heart  (Read 26900 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sookie74
« Reply #90 on: November 05, 2007 08:06:25 PM »

thanks you guys Smiley I appreciate all the feedback!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

purpleone
« Reply #91 on: November 27, 2007 11:01:27 AM »

Ah just seen this (clicked through to the challenge entries after seeing the awesome Jabba the Hutt - annoyed I missed the voting deadline!)

Sookie your point is a really good one, thankfully we don't have 'sexy' halloween costumes here in the UK (just monsters and ghouls!) but there's still an awful lot of sexualisation of little girls, it makes me worry about becoming a mother one day Embarrassed

I think many people on the street would be too dim to understand the irony of your costume but I for one think you kick ass!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RamenQueen
« Reply #92 on: December 12, 2007 06:02:11 PM »

I adore the creativity of your costume although it gave me the heebee geebeeies !

On Slutty Kids Costumes: I live on campus and you can imagine what "our" costumes look like. But I was in a Halloween store with several male friends and one guy made the comment that the parents of 12 year old whose were buying   her a Naughty school girl costume needed shot and that costume was intended for women like * and he pointed to a scanty clad girl in the next row* I then pointed out that the girl was wearing a tee shirt that said "Class of 2012" and that she was at the most 2 years older than the child . He then shuttered sighed "damn Prostiti-Tots" and suggested we go get a beer.

So yea I think Slutty costumes need to be an age restricted Item.

I made my snow white costume which was of appropreate lenghth and coverage ( Highly Accurate since I have black hair, fair skin and brown eyes). I wore it all day on H alloween . The children I saw were mesmerized. I wear glasses and as I passed a group of three years I heard a little girl squeal " Mommy Mommy Snow White wears Glasses too!" :-)

Later when i wore it out I got compliements ( and free drinks) from both sexes because I had the most Non-Slutty Costume there...and I still looked cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thefabfive
« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2007 12:00:29 AM »

wow really cute ,but 2 showy offy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
krymzynstarr

I'm odd...that should about cover it :D

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2008 08:37:52 PM »

Wicked costume!! What a great way to make a point!!

(What's worse than the companies who make sexy kid costumes??....The parents who actually buy them.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"By the power of all that is evil, I command you to awaken, and make me a sandwich!!" ~Pickles~
DangitJess
denimology.com

denimology.com

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #95 on: March 14, 2008 11:02:35 AM »

Wicked costume!! What a great way to make a point!!

(What's worse than the companies who make sexy kid costumes??....The parents who actually buy them.)

WORD!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

denimology.com

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months.

You haven't had enough coffee until you can thread your machine while it's running!
charlie78
« Reply #96 on: September 25, 2008 05:15:23 AM »

I would love to see your costume, do you have a blog or something?

Radtastic is totally a awesome word

I know i am a year behind everyone but hey....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cultivate your curves - they may be dangerous but they won't be avoided
CloudxxSeph
« Reply #97 on: July 30, 2009 12:05:26 AM »

i would also like to see the pictures. dtto the is there somewhere else you can post them? bit
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MONROEX
« Reply #98 on: August 12, 2009 07:36:57 PM »

Dang. I'm also very behind. Does anyone know where I can find these photos? This sounds like such a cool idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Mixed Media Fun
July 27, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Making Pom Poms

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...