A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 299,162
Currently Running With Scissors:
650 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My rather offensive costume ..not for the faint of heart  (Read 23826 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

thankyoulocust
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2007 09:56:12 AM »

Why is that if someone has a different opinion, that was, again, expressed in a respectful and non-judgmental way, they have to be deemed a "hater"?  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Yeah we don't take orders well.  Unless they're to get on the dance flo'.  Or raise the roof.  Or make some NOIZE...with a Z!"
SquidPrincess
cephalopod rockstar and all around space babe

just a (squid) girl and her zombie friend

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2007 09:56:19 AM »

Yeah, I've changed my mind. I'm far more offended by the idea that we should just remove this post than I am by this post. Smiley If we only dwell on comfortable things, we never grow or change or evolve.

maybe a warning in the post subject line, though? although it DOES warn you--just not specifically saying "HAY! abortion thread!" (which it isn't, really) If you click on a link that says "not for the faint of heart," and then you're all "OMG SO WRONG LET'S DELETE IT!!" ... then, probably, you shouldn't be reading threads that have the word "offensive" in the title. Learn from the experience and adjust your clicking appropriately; your mileage may wary.

I'm trying to think of costumes that WOULD convey the idea "hey, pedophilia is wrong, yo," but...you're a sexy gal, so it's tricky. Sexy infant, maybe? You know, diapers, gross umbilical cord...
hey, a fake umbilical cord WOULD be super gross. and pretty easy to make out of liquid latex, yeah?

I like to think going crazy with the fake gore while skimpily dressed MIGHT convey "quit wanting to bone everything"...but probably not.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Revolution is a trivial shift in the emphasis of suffering." --Tom Stoppard
http://s101.photobucket.com/albums/m67/spooookypants/
la felicidad tiene tu nombre y tu piel
SquidPrincess
cephalopod rockstar and all around space babe

just a (squid) girl and her zombie friend

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2007 09:57:05 AM »

not that I think anyone is really being a "hater," though. This is remarkably polite discussion.
If this were fark.com, though...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Revolution is a trivial shift in the emphasis of suffering." --Tom Stoppard
http://s101.photobucket.com/albums/m67/spooookypants/
la felicidad tiene tu nombre y tu piel
allyinthevalley
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2007 09:59:43 AM »

So, this is in the official rules of Craftster. I'm all for discussing, debating, and arguing about beliefs. I do it all the time. But not in Craftster.

"Keep Discussion on the Topic of Crafting

Please help keep discussion on topic. The idea of allowing some purely non-crafting discussion was attempted on Craftster when it was first started and the consensus was that it got in the way of Craftster's real purpose."
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thankyoulocust
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2007 10:02:54 AM »

So, this is in the official rules of Craftster. I'm all for discussing, debating, and arguing about beliefs. I do it all the time. But not in Craftster.

Please help keep discussion on topic. The idea of allowing some purely non-crafting discussion was attempted on Craftster when it was first started and the consensus was that it got in the way of Craftster's real purpose."

Normally, I do focus on the craft itself, but doesn't the original post kind of open the door to discussion of deeper things?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Yeah we don't take orders well.  Unless they're to get on the dance flo'.  Or raise the roof.  Or make some NOIZE...with a Z!"
allyinthevalley
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2007 10:03:55 AM »

Normally, I do focus on the craft itself, but doesn't the original post kind of open the door to discussion of deeper things?
Yup!! That's why I thought it should maybe be deleted.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sookie74
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2007 10:19:04 AM »

Sexy infant, maybe? You know, diapers, gross umbilical cord...
hey, a fake umbilical cord WOULD be super gross. and pretty easy to make out of liquid latex, yeah?

I actually did think about being "sexy aborted fetus" because I've seen the aborted fetus costumes done before, but minus the "sexy". However, my friend who was going to come out said he was coming as a fetus..not sexy; just a fetus. He later ended up bagging on halloween altogether. But yeah, it was thought of, and rejected cuz I didn't want to wear the same thing as him. It's also part of why I chose abortionist, he was going to be the aborted fetus and I was going to be the doctor with the hanger.

I'm all for rewording the title to make more of a warning, but honestly don't know what would keep people from clicking and being offended if their feelings are that strong. I don't care if mods choose to delete it if they really think it doesn't belong here.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

supertroy
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2007 10:25:24 AM »

YOU'RE MY HERO
THIS ROCKS   Logged
leah
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

formerly "the craftster admin" - viva craftster!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2007 10:37:42 AM »

Howdy all. One of the reasons why we try to keep discussions on the topic of crafts and is that sometimes emotions run high and we get flooded with requests from people who want these discussions squashed and lambasted by others who strongly feel they shouldn't be stopped.

There are some things in life that people will never agree on. And for this reason I think we all need to just ease off of debates like this and focus on what we can all agree on... Crafts!

Please don't voice any more opinions on your pro or anti abortion stance.  If you don't have anything to say about this costume from a crafting perspective, than just leave this thread alone.

Thank you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to support Craftster? Find out about becoming a Friend of Craftster!

{ craftastic.com | leahkramer.com | helloadorable.com }
Badgerette
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2007 10:40:05 AM »

I think your choice to go as an abortion provider selling black market stem cells has so much emotional / religious / political pertinence on its' own, that it's hard to drive your original point past that. <br>That said, I admire your ingenuity. The fetuses freak me out really badly! Good job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Daniel Gross Talks About Dumb Money
Meet Author Jack Todd
Richard Paul Evans Talks About Grace
Matthew Van Fleet Reveals
Michael Ian Black and Michael Showalter Talk About Chicken Cheeks
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...