A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 298,629
Currently Running With Scissors:
667 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Firefly/Serenity Round 6 Gallery  (Read 6979 times)
Tags for this thread: firefly , serenity , whedon , tv  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

redheadskydiver
« on: November 01, 2007 03:21:11 PM »

Post your shinies here! Grin

Christina
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tiffie1023
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007 08:52:16 AM »

hooray!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

personal swaps are my favorite

wists! http://www.wists.com/tiffie1023
hangthedjay
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007 11:16:38 AM »

How did I not know this was happening?!?! I'm excited to see all of the shiny's but I'm going to take all of y'all's clothes and leave you in the desert if there isn't a round 7 for me to take part in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow.
redheadskydiver
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007 09:49:58 AM »

I recieved from Tiffie1023 who volunteered to take on 2 partners for this swap since we had an odd number.

Check out the shinyness.

First the bag that Jayne refuses to carry because it's a girls name -

Then some jewelry from Inara's personal supply I think -

And finally, look at how creative this light box is. I would never have thought to do something so unique -

Thanks again Tiffie for being a great partner!

Christina
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KiaraG
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007 04:18:26 PM »

So I was sitting at the kitchen table, sewing a purse, when my mom walks in and says my package from woobie arrived. Squee! I hurriedly cleared off the table, grabbed my scissors and opened that baby right up. I opened it and saw what seemed like a ton of little packages in pink tissue paper with a card on top. I opened the card, which had little notes for each bundle inside. Per instruction, I opened the bundles according to number, reading the corresponding note before I did so. Each note had a little quote from one of the characters, and a note from woobie. <3

The first note was this:
""Does it seem every supply store has the same five rag dolls..."
I really hope you like your very own Inara. I've tried to duplicate her lounging pajamas that were featured in Shindig and Our Mrs. Reynolds. Oh.. her necklace can be worn by you as a bracelet."

The note for bundles 2 & 3 had the same note:
""Yeah, em, you left some of your stuff in a trunk..."
Jewelry & a comb with an oriental feel.. inspired by both Inara and Kaylee."

The note for bundle four read:
""Oh, Grandpa!"
A very Kaylee keyring."

Bundle five had this note:
""Fruity Oaty Bars, make a man out of a mouse. Fruity Oaty Bars, make you burst out of your blouse."
Inspired by juice box purses... I'm sure that in the future, girls out in the 'verse will be carrying these."

And last but not least! Bundle six had this note:
""Look at all the pretties.."
This is the first jacket I've ever made. I really enjoyed the challenge. I don't have a serger so I learned french seams and I used seam binding to try to keep raveling to a minimum. I hope it comes close to what you wanted."

My notes:
1. The Inara doll is gorgeous! I want pajamas just like hers, lol. She's even got little black socks! I also love that I can wear her necklace as a bracelet.
2. The necklace and earring set is so cute, and I love that the necklace has some of the same beads as plushie-Inara's necklace, so it'll all match. Smiley
3. The hair comb is beautiful! It's so pretty, I love the little blue beads. It's in my hair right now, lol.
4. I have a giant strawberry keyring!!! Haha. Like Kaylee, my favorite fruit is strawberries, so I absolutely adore this! I got hungry for strawberries as soon as I saw it.
5. The purse is so cute!! I'm not usually a big fan of the color pink, but this totally won my heart. The inside lining is pink stripes, and there's something crinkly inside the outside fabric and inner lining. Possibly something to keep it waterproof?
6. OH MY GOD I HAVE MY OWN KAYLEE JACKET!! *cough* Anyway. This is GORGEOUS. I honestly would not have known this was woobie's first try at making a jacket unless she told me. It fits me perfectly, except for one part - the arms are too short. I'm not sure if that's on purpose, but I'll act like it is. Wink I love it!! I plan on wearing it next weekend, to a show some of my friends are playing. Smiley

Everything was so professional-looking! Even the packaging. I'm still in shock, haha. I have so many new pretties!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU woobie!!! You are the best. Smiley
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007 04:20:34 PM by KiaraG » THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiffie1023
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007 04:59:37 PM »

hooray! stuff from redheadskydiver! our hardworking organizer!  this stuff is very cute, i really like the serenity slide necklaces.  i wish i had better pictures, but i'm sick as a dog and this is the best i could do from the sofa, but i wanted everyone to see the stuff.

everyone stuff is looking so good!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ScotSkipper402
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007 05:07:17 PM »

. OH MY GOD I HAVE MY OWN KAYLEE JACKET!! *cough* Anyway. This is GORGEOUS. I honestly would not have known this was woobie's first try at making a jacket unless she told me. It fits me perfectly, except for one part - the arms are too short. I'm not sure if that's on purpose, but I'll act like it is. Wink ... THANK YOU woobie!!!

I'm consumed with envy! Alliance goons made me miss this swap...

of COURSE Kaylee keeps her sleeves short. Can't repair an engine with long sleeves. You'll fall right out of the sky!

Good work, woobie!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For what do we exist, but to laugh at our neighbors and be laughed at in our turn?"

My stash of supplies is now Beyond Life Expectancy. I love personal swaps! http://www.wists.com/redmennis
tiffie1023
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2007 05:24:18 PM »

. OH MY GOD I HAVE MY OWN KAYLEE JACKET!! *cough* Anyway. This is GORGEOUS. I honestly would not have known this was woobie's first try at making a jacket unless she told me. It fits me perfectly, except for one part - the arms are too short. I'm not sure if that's on purpose, but I'll act like it is. Wink ... THANK YOU woobie!!!

I'm consumed with envy! Alliance goons made me miss this swap...

of COURSE Kaylee keeps her sleeves short. Can't repair an engine with long sleeves. You'll fall right out of the sky!

Good work, woobie!

i concur completely.  the kaylee jacket rocks, i'm very jealous, i wish i had your sewing skills.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

woobie
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2007 07:33:16 PM »

Aw shucks..

I'm so glad you like everything.  I had fun making it all.

I actually did intend for the jacket sleeves to be 3/4-ish.  I turned under a deep hem so that they could be cuffed.  I used McCall's Easy Stitch 'n Save pattern #M5298 and one pattern view of the jacket  showed it worn this way, which I really liked..    This pattern's instructions were, as advertised, easy to follow and if anyone wants to try to sew one themselves , I'd recommend it.  Smiley

Edited to add... On a personal non-craft related note: I'm so excited tonight. It's election day and I just got back from the victory celebration for the candidate I supported for Mayor.. he won by a 96% landslide.. Whoo whoo!  (just had to share)..  We now return to our regularly scheduled crafting.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2007 07:55:21 PM by woobie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Midnightoak
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2007 04:28:03 AM »

The busiest most stressful week EVA and it ends with me coming home to see a box resting on the sofa, boyfriend..."Oh yeah I meant to tell you that had arrived" (as he had the week off and we had been in town before going home)  Roll Eyes

I squeed like a little fangirl  Grin Plus I am going to a Serenity LRP next weekend so it was PERFECT timing! How did a parcel get from Australia to here so fast? Must have been travelling firefly class  Cool

The shinies!
This was really hard to photograph but so very pretty, "does what it says on the tin" SHINY!

And more shinies, this time Inara based, and a lovely colour, I will have to wear this to the LRP.

The item that made me giggle in glee and shout out best thing EVA! My very own Bobble-headed Geisha (my boyfriend thinks she is scary but I love her). Makes me wish I had a car so she could sit up front all the time. Instead she is getting pally with the locals.

and the second thing that made me squee! They are so pretty as well. I am definitely taking these to the LRP so my sister can juggle them  Grin

As if that wasn't enough I also got a notebook for my crafty shiny ideas, a keyring, magnets and stickers!

and on top of all that!  Shocked
Buddha ball tea, a soft toy Bilby and some chocolate!

I may have to cancel Christmas, it will only be a disappointment after all that Cheesy

It made me work twice as hard on making Harvey's swap parcel, so I hope you like what I made. I feel ridiculously spoilt!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
redheadskydiver
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2007 05:02:43 AM »

Nice package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Harvey
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Here's to inappropriate!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2007 12:08:12 PM »

The beads are meant to hang inside the bauble, I was kind of worried that it would swing in the post and shatter. Wink My Mum gave me a couple of wooden dolls for crafting on ages ago, when this swap came up I knew I had to make the Bobble-headed Geisha. Now my husband wants me to find one again so I can make one for him. So glad you liked the package Midnightoak. Cheesy I suffer terribly from swap anxiety. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Midnightoak
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2007 12:20:37 PM »

So glad you liked the package Midnightoak. Cheesy I suffer terribly from swap anxiety. Tongue

You had absolutely no reason to be worried everything was FANTASTIC.
I have been frothing at everyone, can't wait to share my fangirl glee at the LRP  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fezzle
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2007 03:34:02 PM »

I'm so sorry that it took me so long to post pictures of all the goodies that tiffie sent me! Here they are:

A zippered case with bracelets!

Two by two, hands of blue boxes with quote magnets inside!

Inara-inspired jewelry! The posters are really cool too. I gave one to my boyfriend and he thought that it was the coolest thing ever.

It's probably a little hard to read due to my craptastical picture skills, but it says "Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"

I love that quote :3

Super-growing dinos and easy chopsticks!

An awesome-looking tote bag!

And last, but not least, A Jayne Cobb tshirt! <3
Thanks again tiffie!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007 03:35:16 PM by fezzle » THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiffie1023
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2007 03:47:50 PM »

i'm so happy that you liked everything fezzle! i hope that the shirt fits,
and i'm glad to see my sculpy dino and dress made it in one piece!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiffie1023
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2007 03:52:52 PM »

oh! fezzle i hope you don't mind, but i have a great picture of my wash tribute and would like to post it, because i was so super proud of my scuply skills!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

MelancholyMiss
"impure as the driven yellow snow!" - Spike

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2007 04:24:27 PM »

I am so joining  if theres a round 7!  I just got Firefly on DVD and I'm so sad now that i've finished watching it Sad *sniffle*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gwenyvarr
The New Year...a new list of crafts

I'm a lucky dog...

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2007 06:18:49 AM »

I got my box on Friday...and man was I spoiled.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to take pictures yet so, my wonderful partner is going to post them for me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shannan Hinners

LV Mini Gallery
My Ever Growing Wist
I love doing personal swaps...pm me
woobie
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2007 04:22:29 PM »

great stuff everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CjSachiko
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2007 10:45:45 PM »

Here's a picture of what I sent to gwenyvarr.  Here you can see most of the items, including the stenciled Blue Sun tote using a pearlescent blue paint.

This bag turned out smaller than I wanted, but I had fun making it.

This was the first microscope slide pendant/keychain I've ever made.  Now I'm hooked.  Smiley

I knit up a Jayne cup cozy.

Here's a badge holder with Browncoat badges.

This is the cover I designed for a pocket calendar.

I made a set of 10 ATCs.  One for each crewmember, and one for the Serenity.

Last, but not least, a set of shrinky dink jewelry, cell phone charms, and firefly beaded earrings.

Thanks for organizing redheadskydiver, and thanks for giving me a good reason to craft some fun things, gwenyvarr.  Smiley  I'm glad you liked what I made for you. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JamyKate
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2007 12:50:45 AM »

I love your work.

I've got all the materials to make up the microscope slides, you've inspired me to have a go.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Midnightoak
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2007 10:35:17 AM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin

Just came back from the Serenity Live RolePlaying I was crewing at and the bling was worn and admired and the goslings were juggled! I heard several people bemoan the fact later that they had missed out on the juggling (plus in the player sleeping hall someone taped a piece of paper over a sign that said "No Ball Games" with one that read "No juggling baby geese"  Cool

I won at being a geek that weekend thank you Harvey!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tiffie1023
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2007 11:13:00 AM »

sorry guys!

i received from fezzle last week, but have been super busy, so here are the along waited pictures!!!!

all of my loot, with samson protecting it.
a cool embroidered bag, my JAYNE hat, a super cute star cuff, my new chinese inspired business card holder, a bracelet, a geisha charm that  i really love, AND an embroidered kitchen towel. i totally cleaned up!

another picture with a little less samson...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harvey

Here's to inappropriate!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2007 07:00:25 PM »

I won at being a geek that weekend thank you Harvey!!!
I'm so pleased you had a good time and that you were such a geek. Cheesy Thats something my husband is trying to encourage our daughter to become. It just may work too. Wink
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007 07:02:12 PM by Harvey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

gwenyvarr
The New Year...a new list of crafts

I'm a lucky dog...

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2007 04:40:06 PM »

CJ got her package, but because I sent it out so fast...no photos were taken on my end.  You'll have to wait until she posts them... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shannan Hinners

LV Mini Gallery
My Ever Growing Wist
I love doing personal swaps...pm me
J9crafts
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2007 11:22:00 PM »

I recently got my package from red_willow and just now had time to take a few quick pictures.

I <3 my Jayne hat, a lot Smiley

I liked it all a bunch, thank you very much. There actually wasn't a stuffed dinosaur in there though, not sure what happened but it's ok.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
red_willow
the hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2007 01:03:51 PM »

oops sorry about the dino my son snatched it out of the box when I wasn't looking and had it in his tent! little stinker!
red_willow
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog for more fo's and uf's!: http://wildthingsknits.blogspot.com/

Come visit my store: http://theredwillow.etsy.com
Harvey

Here's to inappropriate!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2007 11:01:53 PM »

Look at all of the Shinys I got from Midnight oak. Grin

It is all so cool. I was having a really bad and hot day today, I almost didn't get to the post office either. Bringing the package home was fun though because my daughter kept asking what "we" had got from "our" swap. Roll Eyes Love the pictures and writing.

Caitlin - the above daughter - kept saying that she couldn't believe that you made the bag, not bought it. I love the little lunch box. Everything is wonderful. You made my day. Thank you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

redheadskydiver
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2007 05:44:51 AM »

Oh, nice haul! What's the thing with the blue sun thingy on the lid? I can't make it out in the picture. The bag is very cute and great drawing skills!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
woobie
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2007 08:08:02 AM »

Oh, nice haul! What's the thing with the blue sun thingy on the lid? I can't make it out in the picture. The bag is very cute and great drawing skills!

I thought it was a bento box.  Undecided 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harvey

Here's to inappropriate!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2007 12:14:05 PM »

It is a bento box, thats the lid painted with the BlueSun logo. I am going to use it for my lunch on those extra Christmas shifts. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

redheadskydiver
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2007 02:01:28 PM »

Everyone you should have feedback for this swap now. If you do not please let me know or if you disagree with the feedback left for you please let me know.

Looks like we need 1 angel for this swap. Would anyone here like to volunteer?

And if you haven't posted pictures of your swap shinies please do so and thank your partner for crafting for you!

Hope everyone had a good swap!

Christina
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Midnightoak
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2007 11:40:01 AM »

I am SO glad that everything got there in one piece!

It was a pain to photograph but here is a close-up of the tea cup and strainer:

It is an outline drawing of the ship Serenity on the filter section (the idea was that she would "float" in space inside the cup. The red Chinese characters are the ones used for Serenity in the film.
And the quote says "We may experience some turbulence..." on the outside of the cup and inside on the base..."and then explode"

I also forgot in my note to say that the glaze is food safe and apparently dishwasher resistant.  Cheesy And I could not resist sending you tea called "Monkey king"  Grin

Loved this swap, so sorry I sent late (my feedback is justly deserved)! Thank you redheadskydiver and Harvey for making it so fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
J9crafts
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2007 11:18:00 AM »

red_willow got her box of goodies from me and asked if I could post pictures:

Everything:

Book opened:

Most of the pages were a picture of a character along with a quote:

Some were just random Chinese stuff:

Wanted posters:

Fruity Oaty bar:

Blue Sun apron:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
redheadskydiver
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2007 05:53:14 AM »

Very nice package J9crafts! Thanks for posting pics to share!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
woobie
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2007 05:59:36 PM »

I've had the best day.. I got to meet my swap angel, Gwenyvarr (and her husband and kids too!).  Such nice people.

And look at all the things she made for me.

A Jayne Hat!!

A Hero of Canton shirt!

A keychain and lotion..

Shannon, your energy and crafting ability is amazing.  Thank you so much.  I hope we can get together again soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harvey

Here's to inappropriate!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2007 12:54:02 AM »

Very cool stash. Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Super Bowl Dip Recipe: Chili Con Carne
How to Make Chicken Wings in Cola
How to Make a Steak and Eggs Breakfast
Almond Yogurt Waffles and Strawberry Milkshake Recipe
How to Make Pork and Black Bean Chili
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament
Falling for Autumn Crafts
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Roll with Maple Cream Cheese Filling

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...