A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,566
Currently Running With Scissors:
504 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 1253 1254 [1255] 1256 1257 ... 1316
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Ongoing Poppet and Punkin-Along  (Read 1315647 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

squire_inaria
« Reply #12540 on: June 12, 2011 06:22:24 PM »

I added a tutorial for how to make Karlanna's wings on page 3 of her post Smiley

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=382611.msg4531178#msg4531178
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I swap, you swap, we all swap! I love personal swaps (and I make poppets!) Smiley

Wist-y goodness

Check out my new shop; Ivy Moon Emporium[url]!
puamelia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

A NEW day, a NEW doll... another poppet!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12541 on: June 12, 2011 09:28:43 PM »

Ooh, thanks, need to bookmark that! xo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay for summer break = swapping fun!

Kids Craft and Swap Round 7, squared!
amigurl55

I already did!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #12542 on: June 12, 2011 09:53:18 PM »

Somehow I managed to get 3 days off in a row starting Tuesday.  I am going to try and make the desire demon poppet in that 3 days.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I told you: I only wrote that poem to test my printer!

My etsy shop: http://dollycouture55.etsy.com
Avrienne
LeeLoo Multicraft!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12543 on: June 13, 2011 07:22:27 AM »

My first poppet!  She'll get her own thread when she's all dressed up, but I was so pleased with how she turned out that I couldn't wait that long to share.

I found her skin fabric in a thrift store in the form of a Danskin tank top, so I think it's a bit stretchier than it perhaps should have been, which is why she's a wee bit lumpy in spots no matter how carefully I stuffed, but I can live with that.  I am also living with the fact that her left foot is bigger than her right--I have to, because I used nearly every scrap of the top just to get her done, and I have none left!  She'll have boots on.  No one will notice then, right?

I started a dress for her, but quickly realized she's too ladylike to go commando, so I whipped up a flirty pair of panties for her.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

thrift.make.wear: my frugal fashion and craft blog
KimD
« Reply #12544 on: June 13, 2011 07:57:50 AM »

Too right!!!  Grin But every poppet I've made so far has demanded to go to someone else  Undecided I admit Yoko was really fun to make with her Big Busty awesomeness.  Cheesy  Cool Now I have to get better at making Men's clothing so I can make me a Tsuruga Ren and Kyoko doll. They're from Skip Beat  Smiley Maybe as Setsu and Cain Heel.... that'd be interesting. Good luck KimD!!
[/quote]

She now has a picture of the one she wants she did tell me a name but I can't remember what it is.  She squealed when she seen yours along with a friend she had here.  I got please mom please mom you love me don't you.  She also said she had many friends that would want them too including the one that was here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12545 on: June 13, 2011 09:45:45 AM »

That sounds like you have quite the orders for poppets. Good luck! I have a mile long list of poppets that I want to do for various people (or for me) but it'll be awhile before I do it. Like years probably.

Avrienne love your poppet and her panties. Super cute. And no one will worry about the feet being different sizes or her being slightly lumpy. You're right that it has a lot to do with the material you used. (Besides in real life everyone has a foot that is slightly larger than the other.) Great job on your first poppet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
beth8144
It is just so stinkin' addictive!

CRAFTING KEEPS ME FROM GOING CRAZY!!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12546 on: June 14, 2011 01:16:24 PM »

Love the new poppet so cute and I am coveting those underwear. I crochet underwear for my poppets but have yet to get a sewn pair to work right. Great job. And no one will care\notice the foot problem. And know that every poppet you make gets better. I look back at my first poppet and when I made her everyone oohed and aahhed but now that I have made 23 I look at her and think wow how far I have come and how much I have learned. But I still love her though infact she got a makeover not long ago and my daughter sleeps with her.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So many ideas so little time. Will I ever get them all done?
http://wists.com/beth8144
http://pinterest.com/beth8144/
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12547 on: June 14, 2011 05:34:10 PM »

Cute new poppets! Mine always have one bigger foot too. Lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Avrienne
LeeLoo Multicraft!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12548 on: June 15, 2011 01:48:00 PM »

So apparently my crafting karma is out of whack.  Sunday I made the doll and started the panties and the barest beginnings of her dress, no real problems.  It took me about nine hours spread out through the day, but I really enjoyed it.  Monday I finished the dress, with only the slightest issues to overcome--hand-pleating mini ruffle trim and getting it sewn in properly is kinda tough!  Tuesday I brought out the leather scraps to do some final work on the dress and a few accessories, and that went pretty well too.

Her top hat.  Oh, gods, her top hat.  I read at least a dozen top hat tutorials, both mini- and full-size.  I read many threads here about top hats.  I measured and remeasured and cut and sewed and glued....and I've made two really bad partial hats so far.  The first one wouldn't stay together at all, and the second is structurally sound as far as I got, but the glue I switched to (which holds much better than the first) stained the fabric pretty badly.  I wouldn't mind so much if it was a plain hat and I could just keep cutting new fabric and trying again, but the hat has vertical bands of a different color that I have to applique on each time, and that is tedious.

If I weren't trying to match a very specific character for a very specific purpose, I would say screw the hat and move on...but alas.

Now that I've vented, it's time to start Top Hat #3.  Wish me luck.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thrift.make.wear: my frugal fashion and craft blog
meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12549 on: June 15, 2011 03:41:32 PM »

When I did a hat I think I used hot glue. But then I also made it from felt.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 1253 1254 [1255] 1256 1257 ... 1316 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Photography Lightening Equipment Review
Basic Principles of Light Usage in Photography
How Camera Shutters Work
How to use the Aperture - Lesson 1
Learn about the Camera Term: Exposure
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...