A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,025
Currently Running With Scissors:
537 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 1162 1163 [1164] 1165 1166 ... 1316
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Ongoing Poppet and Punkin-Along  (Read 1331636 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lilsparrowdesigns

chocolate feeds the body but sewing feeds me soul

View Profile
« Reply #11630 on: July 21, 2010 09:11:29 AM »

so  i  just had to add a pic of my third poppet, bowlerina(who is a mini poppet) , she was a birthday present for my hubbys friend, as well as an updated pic of my first poppet cammi who got new hair and clothes as well... so  here they are.. cammi is on the left bowlerina is on the left

bowlerina with her bowling ball and a bowling pin as well..

close up of ball and pin.. i hate felt!

i heart poppets now, i need more skin...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chocolate feeds my body but sewing feeds my soul.. and aleeve helps withe pain associated with the needle pricks..
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11631 on: July 21, 2010 09:25:31 AM »

Are you planning to make this pattern a freebie too?
I know we are not supposed to ask that but I hope the answer is yes. I think it is so cute and I would love to make some for my daughter and niece I agree you could even do hair and change the ears and everything and have less time involved.

Are you sure we're not supposed to ask? I thought it was just that if the item is for sale the person making it can't say so openly? So if that where the case ghilie could simply reply that she'd pm with details?
I don't think craftster has a problem with us asking so long as the person replying complys with the rules. Otherwise there'd be no requests for tutorials ever!
If I'm wrong though someone point it out in the rules so I can edit my post please! (I honestly don't think I've seen it but if it's there I totally want to know about it.)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010 09:26:14 AM by Eliea » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ghilie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Good Cookie Designs

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11632 on: July 21, 2010 09:28:14 AM »

lol, punkin is free.  i had a devil of a time scanning it though, so it'll look like crap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit http://ghilie.wordpress.com/ for the poppet pattern.

"I grow old, I grow old, I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled."
lilsparrowdesigns

chocolate feeds the body but sewing feeds me soul

View Profile
« Reply #11633 on: July 21, 2010 09:40:56 AM »

i cant wait ghilie, i sooooo want to try  out your new pattern!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chocolate feeds my body but sewing feeds my soul.. and aleeve helps withe pain associated with the needle pricks..
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #11634 on: July 21, 2010 09:44:58 AM »

lol, punkin is free.  i had a devil of a time scanning it though, so it'll look like crap.

lol scanners are evil. And whew sorry to start a forum crisis there! I'm just so worried about breaking the rules. I know they've changed a few times so it's always possible I missed something. And being dyslexic doesn't help.
Can't wait ghilie! I love the way you did the feet on her. Did you sew the pad on the bottom with the machine?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010 09:45:06 AM by Eliea » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ghilie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Good Cookie Designs

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11635 on: July 21, 2010 10:16:05 AM »

lol, punkin is free.  i had a devil of a time scanning it though, so it'll look like crap.

lol scanners are evil. And whew sorry to start a forum crisis there! I'm just so worried about breaking the rules. I know they've changed a few times so it's always possible I missed something. And being dyslexic doesn't help.
Can't wait ghilie! I love the way you did the feet on her. Did you sew the pad on the bottom with the machine?

There's no pad on the bottom of the feet.  They're constructed just like the poppet, just different.  I hate sewing those pads on.  

And the pattern is up, whoever wants to be my guinea pig
http://ghilie.wordpress.com/tutorials/

i couldn't get the scan to come out right, it's smaller than the original pattern by a smidge.  All the pdfs didnt come out at all, they were either way smaller or they cut off portions of the pattern.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010 12:04:05 PM by ghilie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit http://ghilie.wordpress.com/ for the poppet pattern.

"I grow old, I grow old, I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled."
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11636 on: July 21, 2010 10:43:01 AM »

Are you planning to make this pattern a freebie too?
I know we are not supposed to ask that but I hope the answer is yes. I think it is so cute and I would love to make some for my daughter and niece I agree you could even do hair and change the ears and everything and have less time involved.

Are you sure we're not supposed to ask? I thought it was just that if the item is for sale the person making it can't say so openly? So if that where the case ghilie could simply reply that she'd pm with details?
I don't think craftster has a problem with us asking so long as the person replying complys with the rules. Otherwise there'd be no requests for tutorials ever!
If I'm wrong though someone point it out in the rules so I can edit my post please! (I honestly don't think I've seen it but if it's there I totally want to know about it.)

I knew I'd seen this someplace before

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=333174.0

It's not a rule, it's just polite to ask nicely if you're going to ask at all. I think we're all pretty safe in this case Wink.
This IS a site meant for sharing. That can just mean sharing something you've made as inspiration but not a step by step but lots of the crafters here are super generous with their tutorials.

Thanks so much for the hard work and the pattern Ghilie, I'll certainly have to give it a go and report back. Looks like  a lot fo fun to make and SUCH a cute pattern too. <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #11637 on: July 21, 2010 10:51:50 AM »

There's no pad on the bottom of the feet.  They're constructed just like the poppet, just different.  I hate sewing those pads on. 

http://ghilie.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/punkin-pattern.jpg

i couldn't get the scan to come out right, it's smaller than the original pattern by a smidge.  All the pdfs didnt come out at all, they were either way smaller or they cut off portions of the pattern.

Just printed it and I see what you mean now! clever! Looks like it will work nicely!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rasita
« Reply #11638 on: July 21, 2010 03:09:29 PM »

There's no pad on the bottom of the feet.  They're constructed just like the poppet, just different.  I hate sewing those pads on.  

http://ghilie.wordpress.com/tutorials/

i couldn't get the scan to come out right, it's smaller than the original pattern by a smidge.  All the pdfs didnt come out at all, they were either way smaller or they cut off portions of the pattern.

Thanks! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beth8144
It is just so stinkin' addictive!

CRAFTING KEEPS ME FROM GOING CRAZY!!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11639 on: July 21, 2010 03:28:53 PM »

ok so I didnt mean to send everyone to scour the rules or anything I was just being ornery sorry for the confusion. Of to check the new pattern Thank you Ghilie.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So many ideas so little time. Will I ever get them all done?
http://wists.com/beth8144
http://pinterest.com/beth8144/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 1162 1163 [1164] 1165 1166 ... 1316 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Author Gabrielle Reece’s Tips on Marriage
How to Use Deadlines to Achieve Writing Goals
Adapting Standup Comedy Writing to Screenwriting
An Excerpt from A Farewell to Arms By Ernest Hemingway
How to Get a Literary Agent
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...