A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,547
Currently Running With Scissors:
666 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 1150 1151 [1152] 1153 1154 ... 1317
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Ongoing Poppet and Punkin-Along  (Read 1343062 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

meggy_doodle
Professional Daydreamer

Do YOU know the muffin man?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #11510 on: July 09, 2010 03:11:35 PM »

She's so cute! I love her strappy sandals!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist: www.wists.com/Megnificent

50 Projects a Year 2012:
2/50
averyg

Personal poppet swap? PM me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11511 on: July 09, 2010 06:07:38 PM »

we were talking not to long ago about our dream poppets and who would make them.
For me I'd love an averyg poppet. They are just adorable and I love the outfits. I'd also in my wildest dreams love a malibukasey poppet. Smiley

Awww! I think that is the nicest thing anyone has ever said about my poppets! So thanks! Cheesy
(ps. I was totally going to ask you not that long ago if you ever wanted to do a personal poppet swap [I love the Harley Quinn-ish inspired poppet you made], but then I saw that you had taken a break from poppeting)

Of course I also love ghilie and malibukasey poppets also! But in actuality, I love poppets (and how creative everyone gets in their poppeting) in general!

Anyways, @ katara, she looks so awesome! I cannot believe that you made her out of an old t-shirt! And like craftylittlemonkey, I am in awe of your stuffing skills!
Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rasita
« Reply #11512 on: July 09, 2010 08:06:23 PM »

I just wanted to say a thanks to this board and ghile's poppet pattern. Without it I wouldn't have been able to create my dragon.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=316441.msg4128620#msg4128620

I just wanted to share, even though it isn't technically a poppet, but I used what I learnt through poppeting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11513 on: July 09, 2010 09:08:35 PM »

cute dragon!

i'm pretty quiet on this thread but i have read a lot of the tips and such that many of you have posted and i wanted to share the poppet i made for the geezer swap. this would be the second poppet i have made.  the first was made almost 1.5 years ago for the foc wish swappie thingie ma bob to clear up some negative feedback i had from 4 years ago.  i felt weird posting that one.  anyhow..here is my sea inspired poppet in her natural environment.

and here's her thread.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=353412.0
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010 09:09:16 PM by rlynn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

katara
« Reply #11514 on: July 10, 2010 01:33:01 AM »

Incredible. Really amazing, especially since you used tshirt which I totally can't believe! Crazy man, how did you manage to stuff her firm and how big did she end up getting? She looks absolutely wonderful. Tell us about her eyes...
Thanks! I just kept on stuffing and stuffing. In hindsight I could've even stuffed her firmer. She's 15 inches tall. I'm making another poppet out of fleecy type material which seems to be working better though.

The eyes - The white part of her eyes is white felt which I sewed onto her head. I glued on some blue fleecy material for her irises and black material for her pupils, as I could only find orange teddy-bear eyes which I didn't like...

She is adorable I love her dress and her eyes and she strikes me as looking similar to your avatar. did you do that on purpose?
Thanks! No I didn't plan to make her look like my avatar - the only fabric I had in my stash was blue! But now you've given me an idea!! Avatar poppet here I come!!

rlynn - Your poppet looks beautiful!! I love her outfit and her gibbousy skirt!

rasita - Good job on the dragon!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010 01:34:58 AM by katara » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11515 on: July 10, 2010 06:01:31 AM »

eesh!  all these poppets make me want to dive into my first one!  Musn't. get. side. tracked..... That Dragon is really sweet to..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11516 on: July 10, 2010 08:32:21 AM »

we were talking not to long ago about our dream poppets and who would make them.
For me I'd love an averyg poppet. They are just adorable and I love the outfits. I'd also in my wildest dreams love a malibukasey poppet. Smiley

Awww! I think that is the nicest thing anyone has ever said about my poppets! So thanks! Cheesy
(ps. I was totally going to ask you not that long ago if you ever wanted to do a personal poppet swap [I love the Harley Quinn-ish inspired poppet you made], but then I saw that you had taken a break from poppeting)

Of course I also love ghilie and malibukasey poppets also! But in actuality, I love poppets (and how creative everyone gets in their poppeting) in general!

Anyways, @ katara, she looks so awesome! I cannot believe that you made her out of an old t-shirt! And like craftylittlemonkey, I am in awe of your stuffing skills!
Smiley

I'd love to do one at some point(a personal swap). I do have to make one more poppet before the year is out for someone else. Smiley She will probably be purple themed. Doing a swap might make me motivated to work on her too.

@ Katara- Your poppet is adorable! I am totally inspired to use t-shirts now. I love the texture it gave her skin! She just looks cuddly. Smiley

@rasita- I am so loving your dragon.

@rlynn- Love your sea inspired poppet. And I think you should post the other one too. The fact that you reversed your feedback is something to be proud of becasue you made it right. And your hard work should be appreciated. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xcrafty_mommy
Proud mom of two girls

View Profile
« Reply #11517 on: July 10, 2010 09:04:04 AM »

wow another great poppet!! It's so awesome to see the creativity of everyone who makes these!

I have started my 3rd poppet and she's turning out SO much better than my last two. Still not perfect, she has a big butt LOL but I managed to get her a clay nose, and everything but her arms are stuffed. I am going to try making the arms with the fingers. And she doesn't have a tail because darnit it's SO hard to turn!! But it's great practice and my step daughter will be happy to finally have one 3 years later ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/crafty_mommy
Hoping to do a personal swap for fabric/supplies
Mishdafish
« Reply #11518 on: July 10, 2010 09:42:37 AM »

Good job katara! Perfect summer sandals! (if only South Africa's weather were appropriate!)

My finished, much loved poppet

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=353419.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
katara
« Reply #11519 on: July 10, 2010 10:20:17 AM »

Mishdafish your mad hatter poppet came out great!!  Grin I really like his hair and the hat!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 1150 1151 [1152] 1153 1154 ... 1317 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Pin Constrain - Houdini 9.5
How to Create a Cup Texture - Cheetah 3D Modeling
How to Create a Spoon Texture - Cheetah 3D Modeling
How to Create a Wine Glass Texture - Cheetah 3D Modeling
How to Make Clouds - Pixelmator
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...