A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,044
Currently Running With Scissors:
474 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 1141 1142 [1143] 1144 1145 ... 1317
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Ongoing Poppet and Punkin-Along  (Read 1522191 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

katara
« Reply #11420 on: June 30, 2010 05:38:10 AM »

puamelia - thanks for the links to the hair tutes!

Here are the 2 sets of poppet arms that I've made. One pair out of fleecy type fabric and the other pair out of an old Tee (both have a little one-way stretch). Just thought I'd show you guys in case you wanted to make a poppet using other fabrics.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

puamelia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Oh poppet, how you thwart me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11421 on: June 30, 2010 11:28:56 AM »

Aw they look so cuddly!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay for summer!
beth8144
It is just so stinkin' addictive!

CRAFTING KEEPS ME FROM GOING CRAZY!!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11422 on: June 30, 2010 11:50:59 AM »

I have found in stuffing the nose I am afraid of the sculpty and not sure if you sculpt it then put in the head or sculpt it in the head so I tried using pellets but they move around to much and end up looking like a poppet with acne so I now use a small piece of batting and tie it in a knot and put the pointy end out and since I stuff my head then descide where to put the eyes then unstuff the head I want the batting to stay in place I do a quick hand stitch to the seam alowance to keep in in place I think that would work for the beads as well. Hope that helps.

Inez that is so funny My husband said he would have never thought of that. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So many ideas so little time. Will I ever get them all done?
http://wists.com/beth8144
http://pinterest.com/beth8144/
ClonedBravo

My 3 guys are gonna be joined by a baby in March!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #11423 on: June 30, 2010 12:35:33 PM »

I make a small clay cone, put it in the nose and shape it the way I like, add enough stuffing to give the head some shape, then bake it.
Afterwards, I remove most of the stuffing to add the eyes, then restuff that sucker!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I miss you Gramma! Jo Saunders, 5/20/1931- 10/11/2012

I've wisted stuff!!  http://www.wists.com/clonedbravo
Just like the Gypsy woman said!
Check out my ETSY, please! http://www.etsy.com/people/prancingdragon
bobbiemay

« Reply #11424 on: June 30, 2010 12:37:25 PM »

I use air dry clay to stuff my poppets nose.  I put a ball of it in the nose then shape it then let it dry for a couple of hours then stuff the head.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11425 on: June 30, 2010 04:31:26 PM »

I use air dry paper clay to do the nose. I put a tiny ball in stuff the head and then shape it. That is after I have put the eyes in already. Paper clay is super light and dries pretty fast. I really like using it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meggy_doodle
Professional Daydreamer

Do YOU know the muffin man?

« Reply #11426 on: June 30, 2010 09:53:05 PM »

I finally got some fabric to attempt a poppet but I could find the original color that I wanted. Cry  I wanted to get peachy skin toned but ended up getting blue instead because that was all they had that I liked. And unfortunately I'm going to have to wait until after my vacation (1 1/2 weeks away Grin) before I can get the rest of the supplies but I am so excited to get started! I hope mine turns out half as good as the other ones here  Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist: www.wists.com/Megnificent

50 Projects a Year 2012:
2/50
katara
« Reply #11427 on: June 30, 2010 11:19:47 PM »

I finally got some fabric to attempt a poppet but I could find the original color that I wanted. Cry  I wanted to get peachy skin toned but ended up getting blue instead because that was all they had that I liked. And unfortunately I'm going to have to wait until after my vacation (1 1/2 weeks away Grin) before I can get the rest of the supplies but I am so excited to get started! I hope mine turns out half as good as the other ones here  Embarrassed

Blue is good - Think Smurfs! Turns out that most of the fabric in my stash that is kind of suitable for making poppets is blue! Going to have quite a lot of blue poppets pretty soon!! Hee hee! *Jumping on the blue bandwagon*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beth8144
It is just so stinkin' addictive!

CRAFTING KEEPS ME FROM GOING CRAZY!!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11428 on: June 30, 2010 11:35:29 PM »

My goodness! Sewing that head onto the neck is *difficult*!!!! Still not sure if i understand sewing the head together, min came out with a very lop-sided head and a very funny right ear, character perhaps?? I have a dull throbbing in my fingers from all the pricks but it's worth it to see it shaping up. Perhaps using upholstery suede was not the best idea for my first poppet, but we live and learn Smiley

I have found that I dont like to sew my ears on before stuffing the head and doing the eyes so I hand sew them on before I do the hair so that I can decide

Blue is good - Think Smurfs! Turns out that most of the fabric in my stash that is kind of suitable for making poppets is blue! Going to have quite a lot of blue poppets pretty soon!! Hee hee! *Jumping on the blue bandwagon*

I have green alova that I found when I first started making poppets. It was the only color I found that I liked at the time. So now if I am trying a new pattern out I use the green. Kind of a tradition now.I have a whole family of green poppets.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So many ideas so little time. Will I ever get them all done?
http://wists.com/beth8144
http://pinterest.com/beth8144/
puamelia

Oh poppet, how you thwart me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11429 on: July 01, 2010 12:42:47 AM »

Ooh green poppets how fun beth8144!

Megnificent & katara, you could make a whole bunch of Avatars! I'd like to try to make the shaman's red outfit.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay for summer!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 1141 1142 [1143] 1144 1145 ... 1317 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Evolution of the Flash Mobs
Learn to Play A Diminished on Guitar
Love and Theft Interview
How a Washing Machine Became a Percussion Device
Avatar Post Team - Episode 3 - Process and Flow
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Patriotic Planter
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
Fire Up the Grill: Jerk Steak

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...