A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,762
Currently Running With Scissors:
637 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 1138 1139 [1140] 1141 1142 ... 1316
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Ongoing Poppet and Punkin-Along  (Read 1325344 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

katara
« Reply #11390 on: June 25, 2010 01:34:19 AM »

Despite me having a lot of unfinished crafts that need to be finished, I'm going to start one more! I've just browsed through some of the photos in this thread and I'm truly inspired and VERY excited to make my very first poppet!!
I bought some half ball cover buttons yesterday and I have some white felt on hand. Will go through my stash to see what other fabric I have that might work. Whooooooooooooooooo!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SnapsAndDrangons
Snaps And Dragons

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11391 on: June 26, 2010 10:23:33 PM »

i made my first poppet this weekend, it is a look alike of my roommate kinda, she is getting ready to go on tour in europe and i wanted her to have a travel companion to keep her safe on her travels

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pay no attention to me dancing with my girl, we have every intention of being failures in this world.

My Small Wists  http://wists.com/sarahelizroberts
Mishdafish
« Reply #11392 on: June 26, 2010 10:33:59 PM »

I'm new to craftster and feel like I've been missing out my whole life on such a wonderful sub-world. So excited about making my first poppet. I am in absolute awe of the mad hatter poppet created by SunflowerSmiles, what genius!! Warm and excited regards from Cape Town, South Africa!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Morri

Recently 'discovered' sewing machines

View Profile
« Reply #11393 on: June 27, 2010 01:19:49 AM »

Hello everyone. I just wanted to pop in and say hi and also thank you ghilie for the pattern for the poppet. I will be gathering supplies and making an attempt at my very first one. I must say I'm a little intimidated though. My first attempt at a cloth doll was slightly better than a total train wreck.  Roll Eyes We shall see what happens. All of you ladies have posted some incredibly awesome poppets and if mine comes out a third as good as all of yours I will be really happy. Smiley  Take care and have a good day...

Exactly what I was going to post here, except for the part where it says that the first attempt was a train wreck. I haven't even had a first attempt yet  Grin I started sewing last november and so far I have been making simple clothes for myself, and bags. Once I have the materials gathered, I am going to go for a poppet attempt.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Recently 'discovered' sewing machines and now I am addicted. I have been making clothes and bags and I want to try to make poppet sometime soon.
katara
« Reply #11394 on: June 27, 2010 02:42:08 AM »

Well I found some blue fleecy material in my stash and I've made a start! So far I have 2 arms and 2 legs which came out great! Can't wait to do the rest!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mummynat
I love Bert

Wife Mum Nutter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11395 on: June 27, 2010 02:53:40 AM »

Latest poppet Smiley

Made for the recent poppet swap, my poppet partner got some great pictures of her on the gallery Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11396 on: June 27, 2010 03:11:12 AM »

Mummynat, awesome, need to check out that gallery.

Mishdafish, big WELCOME TO CRAFTSTER

SnapsAndDrangons, great job on your first poppet. Your friend will love having her along.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11397 on: June 27, 2010 06:09:07 AM »

I'm new to craftster and feel like I've been missing out my whole life on such a wonderful sub-world. So excited about making my first poppet. I am in absolute awe of the mad hatter poppet created by SunflowerSmiles, what genius!! Warm and excited regards from Cape Town, South Africa!

It was like an epiphany when I found craftster!  Welcome! you are going to love it here!

Those poppets are great! I can't wait until I get the time to make my first... I hope the felt I chose is firm enough...  (I was being frugal... don't want to spend the big bucks on material until I know I can  manage a decent one)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mishdafish
« Reply #11398 on: June 27, 2010 06:33:14 AM »

I went out and tracked the town high and low for some suede. I am actually quite shocked i found some on a Sunday! Eagerly awaiting my pattern and more supply shopping tomorrow. What do the felt poppets look like?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beth8144
It is just so stinkin' addictive!

CRAFTING KEEPS ME FROM GOING CRAZY!!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11399 on: June 27, 2010 07:56:22 AM »

Snaps And Dragons Great poppet she is so cute and I am sure your friend will love having her with her on her adventure.

Mishdafish Welcome I am glad that you found craftster I was so happy to find this site I have been so inspired to do things since on here. I love being able to ask questions and to enjoy the talents of others, since I have no crafty friends it is nice to find kindred spirits.

Started poppet for a IYP swap my first swap I am so excited but a little intimidated my partner is INEZ and she does some amazing poppets. Wish me luck.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So many ideas so little time. Will I ever get them all done?
http://wists.com/beth8144
http://pinterest.com/beth8144/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 1138 1139 [1140] 1141 1142 ... 1316 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Akiko Ogawa Backstage Hair Trends - Fall 2009
Georges Chakra Backstage Hair Trends Spring 2011 - NYFW
Gottex Backstage Hair and Makeup Trends Spring 2011 - NYFW
Andy & Debb Backstage Hair Trends - Fall 2009
Custo Barcelona Backstage Hair Trends Spring 2011 - NYFW
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...