A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 315,704
Currently Running With Scissors:
455 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 1077 1078 [1079] 1080 1081 ... 1282
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Ongoing Poppet and Punkin-Along  (Read 1684811 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

deceptive.fragileness
« Reply #10780 on: April 02, 2010 11:23:32 AM »

I haven't been in here in ages... But.. Last summer I made a poppet with the elanore pattern for my little girlie. At one point in time she had clothes and undies but alas, she has been greatly neglected by my child who doesn't like her as much as the original that she was the replacement for. The baby dolls seem to get all of the attention lately.. I've toyed with the idea of making her another regular poppet since I will probably be making the boy one, but I haven't decided for sure yet. Either way, both of my kiddos still need easter gifts! Oops..

*ahem* Her hair is two different colors as well (mainly because I.. erm.. ran out of the white) It took forever to make it- I used the crochet wig method. I am totally gonna try the fake fur wigs next..
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010 11:24:16 AM by deceptive.fragileness - Reason: wrong photo tag... » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune--without the words,
And never stops at all
Anne11
« Reply #10781 on: April 02, 2010 03:48:49 PM »

i live in Atlantic Canada and i found freezer paper at the Atlantic Superstore for 3.99 a roll. it's called Reynolds freeze paper. :)although i have to order my eyes and alova on-line  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10782 on: April 02, 2010 03:50:07 PM »

We actually use freezer paper to wrap venison to put it in the freezer, so yes it does get used besides crafty purposes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kinoni
« Reply #10783 on: April 02, 2010 04:07:03 PM »

Well, I suppose that the States still has safety eyes and alova (unless you know where they are in Canada... Wink )

Where are you? There is a very small (but jam packed) craft store not too far away from me that has them but if I couldn't get them there, I'd just order online. Better prices that way than in the store I think.
I'm in Vancouver over here, I'll tell you this: Michael's occasionally sells 20mm glass eyes and walmart has them but the sell out quickly , but the best place to find safety eyes is small craft stores that are not big chain brand. And alova suede is a seasonal fabric  in other places it's called doe suede or something(not seasonal).
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010 04:31:00 PM by mudpuddles » THIS ROCKS   Logged
averyg

Personal poppet swap? PM me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10784 on: April 02, 2010 07:20:27 PM »

Well, I suppose that the States still has safety eyes and alova (unless you know where they are in Canada... Wink )

Where are you? There is a very small (but jam packed) craft store not too far away from me that has them but if I couldn't get them there, I'd just order online. Better prices that way than in the store I think.

I am in the middle of nowhere (which is about 30 minutes away from London, Ontario). London is pretty big and all (in my opinion- though nothing compared to Toronto)... But I don't personally know of any "crafty-ish" stores besides Michaels, Wal-Mart, Fabricland, and just some little dollar store type things here and there. Luckily my dad has to go to the States about once a week for business (typically on my days off school), so I go with him, and being the nice guy that he is, he takes me to Hobby Lobby when we are finished, and I am able to get safety eyes there.

I know that there is a faux suede like fabric carried at Fabricland, but at $30 metre, it isn't really in my budget, plus it doesn't have any stretch. But I am a-okay with that because I have become so used to working with velour (and it is only $4 metre!)- I really like the cuddley-ness factor of it... Cheesy

I'm in Canada and I get my freezer paper from Walmart and Safeway. Mine Walmart just started carrying it last month before that I would get it at Safeway.

We don't have any Safeways in the area, but I will def. have my sister recheck at No Frills when she is in there for work next time (if not... Wal-Mart it is! Wink )
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010 07:23:47 PM by averyg » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10785 on: April 03, 2010 01:22:14 PM »

I don't think alova is trademarked by a store. I bought it at walmart, hancock fabrics, and hobby lobby last year. And when we went out of town I bought it at jo-anns as well. Remember it's seasonal though, comes out around Halloween and is there till around Christmas and then tends to get sold out.

Not sure how I've missed all the crafty chatter here! I had to have accidentally clicked ignore or something in my replies to your posts. *sigh* I'll have to go back through and see if I can fix that.
AveryG you doll is awesome! I love how tall she is. I say go big with her hair but do it in a traditional cheer hairstyle. Smiley
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010 01:22:47 PM by Eliea » THIS ROCKS   Logged
kinoni
« Reply #10786 on: April 04, 2010 04:32:01 PM »

oops sorry! i fixed it there. But it is called doe suede in other places when it's not seasonal.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beth8144
It is just so stinkin' addictive!

CRAFTING KEEPS ME FROM GOING CRAZY!!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10787 on: April 05, 2010 06:43:22 AM »

The great selection of alova happens in the fall but my local joanns has a small assortment all year long. Thank God too cause it always seems that I need to make one in the off season for the fabric. And my husband only likes a small stash.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So many ideas so little time. Will I ever get them all done?
http://wists.com/beth8144
http://pinterest.com/beth8144/
Anne11
« Reply #10788 on: April 05, 2010 07:18:40 AM »

hope everyone had a awesome Easter day!..............the Easter bunny was certainly very good here. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Seraphina_de_Sangre
The Daredevil Sky Pirate

Down to a 12 and shedding more lbs. everyday!

View Profile
« Reply #10789 on: April 07, 2010 07:54:22 AM »

I have deer suede and it's remarkably like Alova too.

I wonder if doe suede is the same or a little stretchier because a doll pattern I have calls for doe suede and it's supposed to be sculpted. I got deer suede thinking it was the same but it's stiffer than the Alova and I have no idea how I'm supposed to sculpt with it being so stiff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swaps
Multi-Themed Steampunk Swap

Wist
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 1077 1078 [1079] 1080 1081 ... 1282 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Stretching Your Dollar: Great Affordable Gifts
Holiday Party Dresses from Boohoo
Glamorous Dresses for Every Occasion
The Tuxedo Is an Alternative to the LBD
Outfit of the Day: DVF Style
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Bean Burgers
@Home This Weekend: Vermicomposting
It's a bad week to be a seal...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...