A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 307,549
Currently Running With Scissors:
399 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 1046 1047 [1048] 1049 1050 ... 1280
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Ongoing Poppet and Punkin-Along  (Read 1781989 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet , craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DizzerSpinninRound
Proverbs 31: 10-31

Little M is growing in my belly! Due Feb 2013!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10470 on: January 18, 2010 09:41:09 PM »

I'm looking forward to seeing him too. (if that makes sense) My brother is really into the storm/clone troopers and collects them. I've had 3 action figures in my possession to pick from as to which one to make.

I was originally hoping when I offered to make him a poppet he'd want nightcrawler from x men. lol that would be so much easier. Perhaps I'll have to make him for me instead! Wink

I shall hopefully have more done tomorrow! Off to work on him some more before bed!
Nightcrawler easier? Really? With all of the tats and everything? You must be a sewing genius Shocked

DizzerSpinninRound glad that it worked for you. I love the look of 5 fingers but struggle to turn the individual ones and got the idea to do that from the toes. Hope your poppet behaves from now on.

I am with everyone else too cant wait to see the new one and the storm trooper one.
Thank you so much, I'm so glad that she looks more human like"^.^" While making her wig tonight I was contemplating making it detachable, but seeing as she has no ears (my first poppet is a panther and her wig cap is held on by her ears), I was thinking of doing this with velcro...only to remember that I have no clue where my velcro is Sad Oh well, I guess it will have to wait until my next poppet. I thought about snaps, but I'm not so sure how easy that would be with the sew on snaps I have.

Right now, she has the finished 360 hair cut (multi layered hairstyle) wig safety pinned to her head and is jointed and completely in the nudies Grin I'm trying to think of what clothing to make for her seeing as she is for a swap and I want to make as much as possible since I probably won't be able to make more for her again Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10471 on: January 19, 2010 07:15:29 AM »

I'm looking forward to seeing him too. (if that makes sense) My brother is really into the storm/clone troopers and collects them. I've had 3 action figures in my possession to pick from as to which one to make.

I was originally hoping when I offered to make him a poppet he'd want nightcrawler from x men. lol that would be so much easier. Perhaps I'll have to make him for me instead! Wink

I shall hopefully have more done tomorrow! Off to work on him some more before bed!
Nightcrawler easier? Really? With all of the tats and everything? You must be a sewing genius Shocked

DizzerSpinninRound glad that it worked for you. I love the look of 5 fingers but struggle to turn the individual ones and got the idea to do that from the toes. Hope your poppet behaves from now on.

I am with everyone else too cant wait to see the new one and the storm trooper one.
Thank you so much, I'm so glad that she looks more human like"^.^" While making her wig tonight I was contemplating making it detachable, but seeing as she has no ears (my first poppet is a panther and her wig cap is held on by her ears), I was thinking of doing this with velcro...only to remember that I have no clue where my velcro is Sad Oh well, I guess it will have to wait until my next poppet. I thought about snaps, but I'm not so sure how easy that would be with the sew on snaps I have.

Right now, she has the finished 360 hair cut (multi layered hairstyle) wig safety pinned to her head and is jointed and completely in the nudies Grin I'm trying to think of what clothing to make for her seeing as she is for a swap and I want to make as much as possible since I probably won't be able to make more for her again Undecided

Artisic lisence. lol I would probably do more of this nightcrawler:
http://tinyurl.com/ycv6nxl
http://tinyurl.com/ydg5cgv
I like his street clothes but with blue skin. Smiley

I have a storm trooper with body armor now. I'm working on leg armor a bit. Should have an in progress pic later today...

Dizzyspinner-perhaps if we saw her we could help you come up with clothing ideas? I'd be happy to look at her and help brainstorm. You could message us with the picture url so that your swap partner doesn't see it. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TPauSilver
« Reply #10472 on: January 19, 2010 08:08:36 AM »

I've still not had time to finish my first girl. I'm messing about with her. Working on getting the legs right. I'm kind of intimidated be the hair, I think, so will have to take that on soon or I'll never get any further.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DizzerSpinninRound

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10473 on: January 19, 2010 11:58:05 AM »

I've still not had time to finish my first girl. I'm messing about with her. Working on getting the legs right. I'm kind of intimidated be the hair, I think, so will have to take that on soon or I'll never get any further.
Don't be intimidated, it's really the easiest part. I usually crochet wigs, but I just made another wig for my swap poppet and wefted, and boy is it faster!

This is the tutorial I went by, only I used yarn:
http://www.nonidolls.com/weft.html

And instead of hand sewing the wefted hair onto the doll, since I was making a wig, I cut out a wig cap from felt , darting to make it fit the poppet's head, and sewed the wefted hair onto that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #10474 on: January 19, 2010 02:01:58 PM »

Well I am making lots of progress on mr. Storm trooper. And I turned down and opportunity to work tomorrow so that I can get him off my work table for sure. I've made his leg armor and sewn on the bottom half of it. Though I broke my thread numerous times.I am basically sewing 90% on the machine then having to hand sew each piece onto the doll.  Somehow one leg piece came out smaller than the other and I should have swapped them as the larger got put on the thinner leg and the smaller on the thicker leg. But oh well.
Now to sew on the upper armor. I don't know why I procrastinated so long on this it's really not as hard as I'd thought it would be in my head. (thankfully)

Off to do some more work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DizzerSpinninRound

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10475 on: January 19, 2010 02:49:09 PM »

I really want to make gothic lolita clothing for her, but am pressed for time and hardly have any materials (the selection for materials around here is pooptastic).

Here she is (with my first poppet, the unfinished panther). She has two wigs. I'm going to hopefully get some velcro tonight so I can have the wigs attach to the scalp that way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #10476 on: January 19, 2010 03:26:06 PM »

She's super cute! I love that wig you have on her. As to clothes. I think she looks pretty calm and serene. Perhaps a simple dress, a pair of sandals (they could be the kind with straps that just slide over the top of the foot for simplicity), perhaps a tiered skirt, (with the seams on the outside so they fray a bit?) a tube top, I'm thinking super simple but really cute.

I'm uploading pics of mr. storm trooper to craftster but it's going to take a bit and I have to run. I'll post the links when I get back!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010 03:29:52 PM by Eliea » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Seraphina_de_Sangre
The Daredevil Sky Pirate

Down to a 12 and shedding more lbs. everyday!

View Profile
« Reply #10477 on: January 19, 2010 03:44:21 PM »

She's adorable, a velcro wig is a great idea. I agree with Eliea, a tube top and maybe a black pleated skirt or even the easy peasy poppet dress would look great. For the goth look you could make her a choker/collar add some silver accents, maybe a cross necklace and some lace and she'll be good to go.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swaps
Multi-Themed Steampunk Swap

Wist
DizzerSpinninRound

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10478 on: January 19, 2010 04:02:30 PM »

Thanks! I'm also trying a modified version of that lolita dress from the first page of this thread. I want to make some matching things for the owner as well"^.^" And all of this is due tomorrow! Yipes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DizzerSpinninRound

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10479 on: January 19, 2010 04:08:08 PM »

The velcro wig is inspired by those dolls that were called "What's-her-face" they had a blank face that you could draw on.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 1046 1047 [1048] 1049 1050 ... 1280 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: DIY Dryer Sheets
@Home This Weekend: Coffee Cozies
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Chocolate Mice

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...