A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
581 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 1065 1066 [1067] 1068 1069 ... 1317
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Ongoing Poppet and Punkin-Along  (Read 1343294 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kinoni
« Reply #10660 on: December 14, 2009 05:44:38 PM »

did the arms!!!!! not sculpted or sewn shut, but i am so proud, and the fabric: it is a giant pain to try and sew it by hand, so much i was terrifyed but it works with the machine.... tho i think the fact that when i tried it i used whipstitch (i now use backsitch) but still!
First anything sewn with the machine... Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009 10:40:37 PM by mudpuddles » THIS ROCKS   Logged
puamelia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

A NEW day, a NEW doll... another poppet!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10661 on: December 18, 2009 01:22:34 AM »

So loving all the wonderful new poppets... much as I LOVE the original, I think I'd like a little one like Seraphina_de_Sangre's.  I vote pinafore!

Kudos on the hand-sewn limbs mudpuddles!! I'm proud of you too, especially since I hand-sewed my first one.  I want so badly to make more, but sewing machine is still broken.  I've cut pieces for 2 more and was hesitant to hand sew again, but now that school's out I just might.  Still need to get some eyes tho.

mudpuddles, I think I will need to try making a boobie poppet before I can confirm my fav.  I'm thinking Seraphina_de_Sangre is correct - it depends on what look/theme you are going for.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay for summer break = swapping fun!

Poppet vs Ami - crafting
Kids Craft and Swap Round 7, x2 - sent! 1 received, 1 waiting
beth8144
It is just so stinkin' addictive!

CRAFTING KEEPS ME FROM GOING CRAZY!!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10662 on: December 18, 2009 01:30:39 PM »

Ok so I have had several months off from poppeting but continue to follow the thread. I was laid up this week from surgery and so I could not sit at my sewing machine to finish other projects to I found a poppet already sewn and I am trying to get her finished for christmas. it is a clown poppet that will have the same outfit my mom wore in our circus show this summer. Cant wait to finish her and to share her.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So many ideas so little time. Will I ever get them all done?
http://wists.com/beth8144
http://pinterest.com/beth8144/
lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10663 on: December 20, 2009 08:18:31 PM »

And we can't wait to see. Hope you have a full quick recovery.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
aceybaby
« Reply #10664 on: December 20, 2009 08:45:13 PM »

My first poppet is almost complete! I'm so excited! All I need to do is sew the head on and glue the eyelids and eyelashes on! I think my sister is going to love her so much! :]

beth8144 - I hope you have a quick recovery!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DizzerSpinninRound
Proverbs 31: 10-31

Little M is growing in my belly! Due Feb 2013!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10665 on: December 21, 2009 09:07:37 AM »

My first poppet is almost complete! I'm so excited! All I need to do is sew the head on and glue the eyelids and eyelashes on! I think my sister is going to love her so much! :]

beth8144 - I hope you have a quick recovery!
Yay! Can't wait to see!

Beth8144- Can't wait to see your clown poppet, be sure to get plenty of rest!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amigurl55

I already did!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #10666 on: December 21, 2009 10:41:25 AM »

beth- feel better!

My little cousins (age 9 and 10) loved the poppets I made for them!  They right away had to change the clothes to see how the other outfit looked on them.  My grandma got mad because they liked the dolls I made for them more than the stuff that was bought for them!  Then, typical non-crafters my family is, started to tell me I should sell poppets.  I told them that first of all this wasn't made from my pattern, and second of all people wouldn't pay as much as these dolls are worth as far as the time going into making them.  But thats another rant for another time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I told you: I only wrote that poem to test my printer!

My etsy shop: http://dollycouture55.etsy.com
Seraphina_de_Sangre
The Daredevil Sky Pirate

Down to a 12 and shedding more lbs. everyday!

View Profile
« Reply #10667 on: December 21, 2009 12:58:30 PM »

puamelia- I wish I could find the pattern I drew up for that one. It wasn't hard to modify but I kinda free handed the arms and legs. My scanner's broken too  Sad, I was supposed to post a boy torso pattern that I came up with ages ago  Lips sealed

beth8144- I hope you're back in tip top shape soon!

amigurl55- I got the same response from my family. Maybe one day, if I develop a pattern of my own I'd be willing to do commission work but for me poppets are really for swap/gift only.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swaps
Multi-Themed Steampunk Swap

Wist
TPauSilver
« Reply #10668 on: December 21, 2009 02:34:47 PM »

Oh wow. I just joined up here a while ago but this is the first time I've looked around properly and these dolls are amazing. I have 101 ideas of what to do with them and who to give them to already! These are really amazing, I can't wait to get started. I think I'll have a go at the Elanore pattern for my first run. I won't be able to start properly until after christmas when I have a chance to go supply shopping but I think I'll do a mock-up with some scrap fabric I've got first to get the hang of the pattern.

I'm really excited now Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10669 on: December 22, 2009 06:41:52 AM »

beth- feel better!

My little cousins (age 9 and 10) loved the poppets I made for them!  They right away had to change the clothes to see how the other outfit looked on them.  My grandma got mad because they liked the dolls I made for them more than the stuff that was bought for them!  Then, typical non-crafters my family is, started to tell me I should sell poppets.  I told them that first of all this wasn't made from my pattern, and second of all people wouldn't pay as much as these dolls are worth as far as the time going into making them.  But thats another rant for another time.

grr, i loathe being told to sell my stuff. it takes hours and hours to make even the smallest of things, i'd have to work for about $1.50 and hour to price them in a saleable range. they are Handmade, they are precious and i don't give them out anymore to people who don't appreciate them fully. this summer i gave an afghan to my aunt (my first full sized completed one) and she cried. now that's appreciation!

i'm so glad your cousins liked them, you've inspired future crafters or craft appreciators. either way, bravo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 1065 1066 [1067] 1068 1069 ... 1317 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Put Flowers in Your Hair
How to Get Pretty Highlights
How to Make a Zigzag Part
How to Make a Hair Bump Part 2/2
How to Make a Fish Braid
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...