A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,508
Currently Running With Scissors:
467 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 952 953 [954] 955 956 ... 1317
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Ongoing Poppet and Punkin-Along  (Read 1342869 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SamJ
« Reply #9530 on: June 09, 2009 03:49:29 AM »

The Long Awaited Poppet-Along is so named (I think) because the mods were kind of reluctant to give Poppets their own board & it took a while to convince them.

A board for poppets would be great but the whole idea of the craft-alongs (in this case a poppet along) is so everyone gets to do the same pattern at their own pace.  I had the pattern for over a year before venturing and making my own... in the mean time I kept a very close eye on this board, just to see what everyone else was coming up with.

I dont think it needs a board of its own there are links on the very first page to the good stuff,  perhaps if you find something thats worth a link suggesting it to ghillie and she can add it when she has the time, but try not to add suggest links that are already there
xx
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://knitsamknit.blogspot.com/

http://www.wists.com/SamJ

where do i get freezer paper from??? im in the UK so does it have another name??? please help me!!!!
kraftingwithkristy
« Reply #9531 on: June 09, 2009 07:04:26 AM »

I posted my poppet here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=308435.0
and was told I should place it in the poppet along post so since I don't know how to transfer a post to another post.
I'll just post one photo here. I have a few other photos in the other post.

This is my first ever poppet. I received the pattern at the end of 2007 and finished it yesterday 2009. I actually started it and then lost it in storage for that long.

Here she is: (no name yet)

She is made from felt, the kind you can buy at wal-mart or craft store for around 2 for a $1.00. It takes around 4 rectangles of felt to make a complete poppet.
Her dress is just a tube of fabric with lace sewn at the bottom .

I will be making another very soon. In fact I cut out the pieces for another one last night and will be starting it today or tomorrow.
It's going to be made out of a few scraps and purple. I can't wait to get it done. It may be a long night. when I get crafting after DD goes to bed so nights I'm up till 1 or 2am trying to complete it because I'm in the crafting ZONE!!! LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sugarglass
currently trying to change me

Join the dark side; we have cookies!

View Profile
« Reply #9532 on: June 09, 2009 05:14:13 PM »

A question for you all... while I am still trying to put together the courage for my first poppet, I am looking through the thread, and it's just too much. What would you guys say if I suggested an entire board for poppets? So there could be threads with names that indicate where to find which information. Maybe this has been discussed before, I didn't find anything. If you like the idea too, we could fill a suggestion thread on the suggestion board and see what the mods make from it.

That would be super awesome, but I agree with lovesclutter, I don't know if the mods would go for it. It would be entirely wonderful and make life easier for offering links and such though.

Smiley

This would be a cool idea, but I kind of like coming to one board instead of branching out to several.

The Long Awaited Poppet-Along is so named (I think) because the mods were kind of reluctant to give Poppets their own board & it took a while to convince them.
actually it is so named, because the poppets became a huge hit quite quickly, and a few of the original poppet threads became poppet alongs, but the actual one was so named because people had been waiting a long time for ghilie to create one.(no wonder it to so long, look at all the wiriting on the first post)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my wists
i'm not the same anymore, and frankly, i'm beginning to hate myself
ghilie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Good Cookie Designs

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9533 on: June 09, 2009 05:42:26 PM »

actually it is so named, because the poppets became a huge hit quite quickly, and a few of the original poppet threads became poppet alongs, but the actual one was so named because people had been waiting a long time for ghilie to create one.(no wonder it to so long, look at all the wiriting on the first post)

Luvelycritter is right - originally the halloween craftalong was a sorta poppetalong, but that was because I didn't know if there was enough interest to warrant it's own craftalong.  Well, apparantly there was.   Wink  But I doubt poppets will ever get their own board, even though I know some people would like that.  At best it's a subset of the toys dolls and playthings board.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit http://ghilie.wordpress.com/ for the poppet pattern.

"I grow old, I grow old, I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled."
Seraphina_de_Sangre
The Daredevil Sky Pirate

Down to a 12 and shedding more lbs. everyday!

View Profile
« Reply #9534 on: June 09, 2009 06:10:48 PM »

Oh, ok.  Grin I believe that I may have been making up explanations as I go along again.

Poppets do kind of domineer over the toys, dolls, and playthings board. Maybe we can do a coo and take it over!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swaps
Multi-Themed Steampunk Swap

Wist
sugarglass
currently trying to change me

Join the dark side; we have cookies!

View Profile
« Reply #9535 on: June 09, 2009 06:48:38 PM »

POPPETS OF THE WORLD, UNITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my wists
i'm not the same anymore, and frankly, i'm beginning to hate myself
ghilie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Good Cookie Designs

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9536 on: June 09, 2009 07:17:16 PM »

Viva la revolution!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit http://ghilie.wordpress.com/ for the poppet pattern.

"I grow old, I grow old, I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled."
aquasnow

Is taking a break from swaps for a while.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9537 on: June 09, 2009 07:21:29 PM »

I think this weekend I am going to pick up some felt and give that a try at making a poppet with felt.  Smiley  Im pretty decent with making felt things by hand, so maybe a felt poppet will work out for me.

Tomorrow I am going to start working on my poppet for the swap Smiley  I have a great idea but before I actually decorate the poppet Im gonna wait to get my partner's info.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am taking a break from swaps for a while.  I am not accepting any personal swaps at this time until around Christmas time.  Sorry for the inconvenience.
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9538 on: June 09, 2009 08:16:39 PM »

I think this weekend I am going to pick up some felt and give that a try at making a poppet with felt.  Smiley  Im pretty decent with making felt things by hand, so maybe a felt poppet will work out for me.

Tomorrow I am going to start working on my poppet for the swap Smiley  I have a great idea but before I actually decorate the poppet Im gonna wait to get my partner's info.
I bet you will find that much easier to work with than the dreaded fraying fabric! It might bring you to the dark side of alova suede too. Once you go that way you can't go back....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9539 on: June 10, 2009 05:05:46 AM »

Thanks for all the kind and helpful words. What scares me about poppets is the fact that it involves sewing Smiley Smiley So far, I have blown such a lot of sewing projects for being too easily freaked out by small needles Smiley
What scares me about the poppet thread is maybe the speed with which it is moving, and of course the size... Maybe once I plunge into it it will be easy to swim with it... maybe it's just me and my pre-sewing anxiety Smiley Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 952 953 [954] 955 956 ... 1317 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Best Colors to Enhance Brown Eyes
The Very Best Sunless Tanners and Beauty Creams
Today Only: Get the Sofia Vergara Fragrance First
Lifestyle Products for Earth Day
How to Layer Your Skincare Products
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...