A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Breaking News: What's with all of the SPAM on Craftster?  Click here to find out what happened!
Total Members: 307,128
Currently Running With Scissors:
368 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 920 921 [922] 923 924 ... 1282
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Ongoing Poppet and Punkin-Along  (Read 1663971 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

aquasnow

Is taking a break from swaps for a while.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9210 on: June 06, 2009 11:07:50 PM »

thanks!! Im gonna make the yellow one after I conquer the poppet for the poppet swap Im in ^___^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am taking a break from swaps for a while.  I am not accepting any personal swaps at this time until around Christmas time.  Sorry for the inconvenience.
littlezo

zoe is my name and crafting is my game ;)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9211 on: June 07, 2009 02:35:10 AM »

yay poppet swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

may be interested in a personal swap pm if you would like to discuss it

http://www.wists.com/minimaker95

http://www.flickr.com/photos/minimaker/
lovesclutter

msassive stroke March 18 not right in the head.:(

« Reply #9212 on: June 07, 2009 04:59:33 AM »

Eliea I didn't recognize you. Wink Hope you are feeling better.

Aquasnow, you may be able to oil your own machine too, some manuals have instructions for cleaning and oiling. I also was working on a poppet in this very fuzzy yellow material and it got fibres in the air and everywhere. I cleaned my machine out the best I could when I finished sewing that.

I have a free motion foot, but not brave enough to try that yet. Can't wait to see what we all make. I'm printing patterns today to start on a poppet for my mother.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
KimD
« Reply #9213 on: June 07, 2009 06:12:49 AM »

I can't wait to see the yellow poppet.  I don't like yellow but my 14yr old does.  She wants a poppet because I have used her favorite jeans that were quite holey where they shouldn't have been for jeans for my nieces poppet.  I made a poppet for a birthday present for one of my 9 yr olds good friends birthday yesturday, and her other good freind (these 3 girls are never seen with out the others) comes right up to me and says "What, you have never made me a poppet all you have ever made me is"(and she goes down the list of what I have made her).  I also made a bag to put her Poppet in and ice cream cupcakes that her mom asked me to make.  The other girls birthday is in October and she told me she wanted a poppet, bag, icecream cupcakes, not to forget.  Her 18 yr old sister comes over to find her mom seen the poppet (she knew I made it) "You need to make me one of these for my room" I have had to make her everything that I have made her sister.  Last weekend we had to go to a Sweet 16th birthday party for another girl on the road.  Yesturday she asked me why I didn't make her a poppet for her birthday.  I didn't think she would want one.  She said I better get hers made pronto. 

The little girl that I am making a poppet for her 2nd birthday, keeps trying to take every poppet that I make for herself.  Her birthday isn't until August but I think that she is going to have to have an early birthday present.  Every time she sees them she looks at me "mine" "please".

Also yesturday was part of our city garage sale day.  I didn't go since I had to have things done for that party yesturday.  My mom stopped on her way home to see if I was riding with her to the races also to drop off material she bought me at one garage sale to see if I could use it for poppets.  Yep I can.  One she found she said would make a great poppet to match her family room.  So that was a hint to make her one also.  I really need to get going on all these I have to make.  Plus need to find time to make my 9yr olds while they are still in school so it's a suprise on her birthday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HandsyMalone

Also answers to Leroy...long story

View Profile
« Reply #9214 on: June 07, 2009 08:13:58 AM »

Ok, I finally finished my first poppet.  *sigh*  I had a few minor issues, figured out how to better do things (or at least how NOT to do things) and I'm ready for the next one!  I'm planning on starting today, after I dedicate some time to my current swap that I'm in.  Cheesy  At least I'm mostly done with it...I think.  LOL!  Anyways, on to the link and a teaser pic
Maleah, HM's first poppet

THIS ROCKS   Logged
aquasnow

« Reply #9215 on: June 07, 2009 09:28:45 AM »

She looks awesome!  Its turned out much better than my first attempt, I'll say! lol  Then again my first attempt was also my first try at sewing anything with a pattern lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am taking a break from swaps for a while.  I am not accepting any personal swaps at this time until around Christmas time.  Sorry for the inconvenience.
aquasnow

« Reply #9216 on: June 07, 2009 11:29:21 AM »

Soooo WOOOO! I finally finished my 2nd poppet... This fabric is not fun to work with... it freyed alot and wound up messing up the pattern cause it freyed apart all the dang time (you can see by what I mean on her right ear)

Anywho, here are pics of her!

This is my 2nd time making a poppet, my 2nd time ever trying to sew something, my 2nd time using a pattern.  The dress is my first attempt at making any sort of clothing, so please forgive it's roughness... I tried making the easy peasy dress but I got lost after it said "baste it to the poppet" cause I have no clue what that means... So I improvised and "laced" it to the poppet.  LOL !!  I attempted to turn it into a corset but I dont think it worked out that well...  I wish I had elastic.... this skirt would of turned out better.

Oh and she's suppose to have "dreads" for hair but I dont think it turned out right... I meant for her to have longer hair but I guess I didnt make the yarn long enough for elbow length hair.. Ah well, Im just glad it turned out half way decent.

How I got the dread look was I got the fun fur yarn, and I grabbed 5 strands together and made a strand of chains.  I gave her 10 sets of chains, but I think I should of done 20, but next time I'll make her a twin sister with more hair lol

Sorry the quality of the pics wasnt that great, the pics were taken from my camera phone.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seraphina_de_Sangre
The Daredevil Sky Pirate

Down to a 12 and shedding more lbs. everyday!

View Profile
« Reply #9217 on: June 07, 2009 11:48:16 AM »

Aquasnow- I think she came out great, esp. with you using that kind of material! I really, really, love that dress!

Eliea- I was just thinking about you! I hope you're feeling better.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swaps
Multi-Themed Steampunk Swap

Wist
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #9218 on: June 07, 2009 01:06:48 PM »

I am feeling much better. I posted more details on my Deviant art journal:
http://eliea.deviantart.com/journal/25178245/
Just so I don't clutter the board with my illness details which are not poppet related.
Smiley
I have been playing with our new camera and taking pictures of craft things I forgot that I made.
I'm about to go flood the boards with craft pictures. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aquasnow

« Reply #9219 on: June 07, 2009 01:28:04 PM »

Thats a great idea!  I think I'll sign up too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 920 921 [922] 923 924 ... 1282 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
I Wish I Had a Pet
Meet the Post: Q&A with WorldViews Bloggers
Break the Cycle and Never Go Back
What Does the Second Amendment Actually Mean?
Dr. Henry Cloud Offers the Key to Success to Continually Move Forward
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Belted Chair Seat
Tute Tuesday: Rainbow Skirt
Who? Who Loves Owls?

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...