A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,144
Currently Running With Scissors:
364 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 803 804 [805] 806 807 ... 1317
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Ongoing Poppet and Punkin-Along  (Read 1333711 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8040 on: November 28, 2008 09:00:02 AM »

I love it! I can't wait to see a pic of Momo and "dude" together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #8041 on: November 28, 2008 12:45:01 PM »

ravemwotch the dragon poppet is adorable and perfect! And the other poppet looks super sweet!

digital misfit I love the painting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovebug26m

well behaved women rarley make history!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #8042 on: November 29, 2008 08:44:09 AM »

hi im waiting for my pattern.(my other one was colored on by my sister before i could make it)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KiwiDragons
Get it together!

Stacked Sheep. :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8043 on: November 29, 2008 11:12:27 AM »

The dragon poppet is really great! Oh, how I love dragons....I don't think I would be able to pull that off though. (:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists

Little Visitor Adventures
Charlie in MO
Zazie in Canada
snooky
« Reply #8044 on: November 29, 2008 03:07:12 PM »

I truly looooooooved the dragon poppet.. It's so cute !!!

Here I worked hard while my lil one was sleeping ( and it's midnight now....)
But I am done!!

Well... for now...

here she is, all dressed (and she likes it better !)

empire top, flared legs pants and a coat without sleeves.
She was tired because I had a hard time getting her dressed so she sat...

The coat is completely lined witht he same fabric than her top, so it's reversible.
then she wanted to remove her coat to show you all her beautiful top:

I am going to make her another top ( but not tonight !!) with wider sleeves because this one is so tight ! My lil one won't be able to get her dressed! Maybe an update tomorrow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #8045 on: November 30, 2008 11:25:01 AM »

Yep I've had that problem with the patterns with certain poppets. The reason is because some fabrics stretch more than others and everyone stuffs thier poppets differently.
What I've done to make sure everything fits is make a mock up out of either a paper towel or plain cheep cotton.
You can then a measure that and cut it apart to see how to alter the pattern to fit your poppet.
I found the peasant shirt to be the most universal as well as the pants. You can have lost of fun with both. Smiley

You can also save yourself some time by measuring the widest part of your poppets hand and the narrowest part of the pattern for the sleeves. If the two are not the same or close it will be difficult to get the dolls hand through the sleeves.
The same goes for the feet and the legs on pants. Skirts are fairly easy as you can add a button or snap to make it close tighter at the waist!
Have fun! I think making the clothing and experimenting with each doll to find what They like is the most fun part. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
snooky
« Reply #8046 on: November 30, 2008 11:35:02 AM »

first the stick for the neck and now tips for clothing.... you are just awesome !!

When I cut the clothes, I thought it would be too narrow but as a good newbie, I decided to try anyway... I made some changes already and I am right now waiting for my lil one togo to bed to be done with the top... The peasant top was next on my list, as well as my poppet purple twin..... maybe an update later Wink

I wanted to thank you all so much. you are the nicest persons ever! And as I read the first posts on this thread, I have to agree: this is addictive !! I also found myself obsessed at first and now more peaceful, thinking about what I can make next. You made it easy, even for a newbie like me... And I even think about making 'real' clothes to my daughter, which just seemed impossible before I started. I only own a sewing machine for a couple a months, and I find it fun to just be adventurous and discover a whole world completely unknown by me before... So thank you ALL again. I am so happy tobe part of this adventure !!

oh, and I am not sorry to have made mistakes, I just learned a lot by making them. For once, I am not the teaching one but the learning one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
digital misfit

crazy doesn't begin to cover it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8047 on: November 30, 2008 06:34:51 PM »

I agree, snooky.
Craftster is such an amazing community and poppeteers are the best of the bunch - everyone is so supportive and generous.
I owe just about everything I have posted to ghilie and the poppet.  Once I completed my first doll, I felt like I could try anything.  Poppets are still my favorite, but now I happily play with felt, polymer clay, jewelry, paint, etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my blog to read my rambling, get free hand embroidery patterns, and even enter giveaways from time to time! http://myhidingplaceincyberspace.blogspot.com
ravenwitch
« Reply #8048 on: December 01, 2008 09:36:45 AM »

Snooky, I love your poppet's coat!  So cute.  I made my poppets feet rather large so pants can be a toughie...  hmm.  She looks so great in her new outfit.  My poppet is still wearing a bandana tied like a dress. Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovebug26m

well behaved women rarley make history!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #8049 on: December 02, 2008 02:09:25 PM »

how long does it take to get your pattern? i sent my request on saturday.is that how long it usually takes?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 803 804 [805] 806 807 ... 1317 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Paper Mache Ganesh
The Moveable Type Installation at the New York Times Lobby
How to Make Clay Murals with Joe Brenman
Meet Ice Sculptor Takeo Okamoto
How to Make an Ice Sculpture
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...